Author Topic: Danny Ainge on Jaylen Brown's 'tradeabillity'  (Read 5577 times)

Re: Danny Ainge on Jaylen Brown's 'tradeabillity'
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2017, 02:39:00 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
great news indeed but I'm kinda worried about Smart...I'm one of the "cannot trade Smart" train, but if this is true, I think in a Paul George deal, he would be moved...

In my opinion, I would be moving Bradley/Crowder first

I would say Bradley, Crowder, and even Rozier would be moved first.

Ainge and Stevens seem to love Smart's versatility.

yea, not a knock on Bradley, i love the dude but he's due for a big payday soon while Smart can still be retained for cheaper, and I love how Smart competes night in and night out...his offensive may be bad but I love his defense, his defense doesn't show up in the stat sheet and makes game winning plays constantly...I LOVE this dude!

I love Smart too, but I'm not completely convinced he can be retained for cheaper.  Unlike Olynyk last summer, I do think that they'll try to extend him.  If they can't reach an agreement, he might become tradeable rather quickly.
You think so?

Smart is restricted and an awful shooter while AB can hit 3s, is unrestricted and in his prime.

I bet Bradley's contract approaches 26-27 mil a year. I don't see Smarts pushing past 16 or 17 mil

Which is why we should trade Bradley.  The luxury tax will be a real issue by 2018.
I agree. I think he makes the most sense to move, but I doubt Ainge moves him.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2017, 02:39:28 PM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
great news indeed but I'm kinda worried about Smart...I'm one of the "cannot trade Smart" train, but if this is true, I think in a Paul George deal, he would be moved...

yea, not a knock on Bradley, i love the dude but he's due for a big payday soon while Smart can still be retained for cheaper, and I love how Smart competes night in and night out...his offensive may be bad but I love his defense, his defense doesn't show up in the stat sheet and makes game winning plays constantly...I LOVE this dude!

I love Smart too, but I'm not completely convinced he can be retained for cheaper.  Unlike Olynyk last summer, I do think that they'll try to extend him.  If they can't reach an agreement, he might become tradeable rather quickly.
You think so?

Smart is restricted and an awful shooter while AB can hit 3s, is unrestricted and in his prime.

I bet Bradley's contract approaches 26-27 mil a year. I don't see Smarts pushing past 16 or 17 mil

Who would pay Smart more than 8 million a year?  He lacks the most important skill for an NBA guard - shooting.

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2017, 02:39:43 PM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
I'm not holding up a PG deal to keep Brown. I'm sorry that would just be short sided. If we were the Sixers, yes you hold onto Brown. I like Brown but you are getting an All Star that can defend and play 3 positions, scores 25 a game and isn't even 30 years old.

It's not just Brown, but the hold up should be what's the entirety of the deal.

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2017, 02:47:44 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

You think so?

Who would pay Smart more than 8 million a year?  He lacks the most important skill for an NBA guard - shooting.
You will find out in a year.

He sucks at shooting but you no longer have to be a superstar to pull in 8 figures. He was 5th on a 53 win team in minutes. He's a good role player and will get paid. I think his reasonable range is 12-17 mil a year. Hopefully closer to 12.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2017, 02:57:58 PM »

Offline CELTICSofBOSTON

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 73
I am the biggest JB ever so I was glad to hear that.

I think he has all-star potential.

« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2017, 03:16:36 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
That's probably not true, but cool; Jaylen is awesome.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2017, 03:21:04 PM »

Offline chiken Green

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 75
I remember back when the KG deal was happening and it was reported that they wanted Rondo and Ainge would not give him up...  Ainge loves his guys.

I think Brown will be a Stud for us for along time.

« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2017, 03:26:40 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Best to keep Smart and Brown and Tatum .

They will be great players to rest the star type starters . 

We need , George be beat Lebron .....Tatum and Brown can rest George ...while alebron has to,stay on the court to keep Cavs heads above water.

« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2017, 03:31:05 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

You think so?

I think being restricted will actually work to Smart's advantage in this case.  I think he's the type of player team's overpay to keep the Celtics from matching.  I'd explicitly watch out for the Mavericks.

When Smart is playing his best, he can be the best player for either team, as we saw in Game 3 vs. Cleveland.  Not every player has that ability, to win a game in the latter rounds of the playoffs.  As a 24 year-old, there will be a team that thinks he can be a star player for his second contract.

If the free agent market seems tight this summer, Ainge needs to take advantage of that and get Smart on a discount.