Author Topic: jay williams opinion on tatum  (Read 2396 times)

jay williams opinion on tatum
« on: June 23, 2017, 09:38:08 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
Said most gifted offensive player in draft-the important bit was he watched jabari play one on one four days in a row  and Tatum dominated every time--

Re: jay williams opinion on tatum
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2017, 09:48:29 AM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
Said most gifted offensive player in draft-the important bit was he watched jabari play one on one four days in a row  and Tatum dominated every time--
I saw him play live and I was impressed. I think Jackson will have off the court issues and the like. We have a saint who wants to do good for others. We need another score. Jaylen and Jackson are too similar to me. I Trust in Danny.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2017, 09:49:43 AM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
Just one Dukey hyping another..

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2017, 09:58:55 AM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 224
The fact that he schooled Parker one on one doesn't surprise me. Tatum is much more Equipt defensively.

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2017, 10:07:13 AM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
I saw him play live and I was impressed. I think Jackson will have off the court issues and the like. We have a saint who wants to do good for others. We need another score. Jaylen and Jackson are too similar to me. I Trust in Danny.

I'm hoping, if we keep Tatum, that he and Jaylen mesh well.   If Tatum can play the swing 4 in most lineups, could fit nicely alongside Jaylen who i see as more of a 2/3 than a smallball 4.

That said, would rather that trade Ainge had gotten Zinger or George.   Brutal to follow this team sometimes...

Once again DA forgot to bring the matches to the firework show.  He's in BIG trouble once these BKN lifelines run out.  Can't believe he's going to draft everyone of them, what a waste considering how close we are to number 18 with IT and Horford right now.

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2017, 10:24:17 AM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
Just one Dukey hyping another..

pretty much
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2017, 10:26:41 AM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
THIS is why I wanted Tatum. His offensive skills are ahead of anyone in this draft...and he doesn't even know the pro game yet. When the floor opens up it's going to be scary.

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2017, 10:34:23 AM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134
THIS is why I wanted Tatum. His offensive skills are ahead of anyone in this draft...and he doesn't even know the pro game yet. When the floor opens up it's going to be scary.

And his defensive game is not far behind. I think he will be better out of the shoot than Brown, & Brown was good.

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2017, 10:48:12 AM »

Offline lbgreen33

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 51

Once again DA forgot to bring the matches to the firework show.  He's in BIG trouble once these BKN lifelines run out.  Can't believe he's going to draft everyone of them, what a waste considering how close we are to number 18 with IT and Horford right now.

Lebron, Kyrie, Love and company were almost swept by Golden State and we were so close??  I think the whole league is trying to figure out how to wait out that super team.
To me it makes perfect sense to build for the future while trying to be competitive now.  It will be very hard for anyone to knock off Golden State anytime soon.

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2017, 10:57:20 AM »

Offline redrobot

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 4

I'm hoping, if we keep Tatum, that he and Jaylen mesh well.   If Tatum can play the swing 4 in most lineups, could fit nicely alongside Jaylen who i see as more of a 2/3 than a smallball 4.

That said, would rather that trade Ainge had gotten Zinger or George.   Brutal to follow this team sometimes...

Really don't need to worry about specific positions - it's more about his ability to pick up the defensive schemes.

And it's pretty clear that NYK were not moving Porzingis, just posturing. Paul George came right out and said he wants to play for the Lakers and move back home to LA. Why give up any substantial assets for a 1 year rental?

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2017, 11:30:37 AM »

Offline RIPRED

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 63

It's interesting that you believe we're close to winning a championship with IT and Horford. After watching the Finals, I feel like we're still light years away. IMO Ainge is doing a masterful job of balancing a currently competitive team with building towards the future. Meanwhile, I know he'll make a trade when the time's right. I love that he's not overpaying for a guy like Jimmy Butler--keeping assets for when a unicorn type player becomes available. Ainge flirted with KG for at least two years before he made that trade. I'm going to continue to remain patient as I don't want to be sitting here in a year or two saying "I can't believe [insert team name] got AD for that! If only we didn't use all our trade capital on Jimmy or 1 year of PG13."*

*I could easily be swayed to unload some assets for PG13.