Author Topic: So PG13 will choose Walton over Stevens, LA roster over Bos, and 45 mil less?  (Read 920 times)

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Because this is what everyone on here is telling me. Even on weei today morons like Tanguay and Mutt were saying its a 90% chance he leaves.

Are you people looking at the same scenario I am, because this just seems ludicrous to me.

Brad Stevens is top 5 coach, with an actual system. Luke Walton got a job because he stepped in for GSW. Look what Mike Brown did with them in the playoffs.

We have many more assets than LA, and much more talent on the roster, just coming off an ECF appearance.

And oh yea , we would be able to offer 45 mil more than LA.

Also said he wants to play with Hayward

Tell me again why he's leaving again?

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 620
Because this is what everyone on here is telling me. Even on weei today morons like Tanguay and Mutt were saying its a 90% chance he leaves.

Are you people looking at the same scenario I am, because this just seems ludicrous to me.

Brad Stevens is top 5 coach, with an actual system. Luke Walton got a job because he stepped in for GSW. Look what Mike Brown did with them in the playoffs.

We have many more assets than LA, and much more talent on the roster, just coming off an ECF appearance.

He may think no one is beating GSW for a few so if he's not winning rings should at least play where he wants, live the lifestyle and collect endorsements.
ok fine

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
THIS is what I've never understood about PG13. He just wants to be a Laker, it's not about winning.

The West is going to be loaded and the Celtics will run the East. PG13, Butler and Bron all going West to compete against the Warriors...ok well whatever.

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

He may think no one is beating GSW for a few so if he's not winning rings should at least play where he wants, live the lifestyle and collect endorsements.

"As I told Larry, I always want to play on a winning team," George said on the program. "I always want to be part of a team that has a chance to win it (all). That's important. Say what you want; I want to compete for something. It's frustrating just playing the game for stats or for numbers or to showcase yourself. Man, I want a chance to play for a chance to win a championship.

You were saying....

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
He's from LA and LA can always clear the decks and rebuild to be at least pretty good with FAs.  Not that hard to figure out.

At this point all of it is talk and rumors.  Don't spend all this time investing in that.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1546
it isn't really 45 million more because there is an extra year.  I think it works out to like a couple million a year difference in money. 

And LA can offer not only George but someone else a max contract.  Next summer could have a gold mine of talent in it i.e. James, Westbrook, Cousins, Thomas, Anthony and then a bunch of second tier players like Wade, Parker, Bradley, Lopez, Monroe, etc.  What if LA adds Westbrook and George and still has Ball, Ingram, Randle, Clarkson, Nance, Zubac.  What if LA clears Deng using Clarkson and/or Randle, and 3 guys decide to take a couple mill less than the max and then end up with George, Westbrook, and Cousins. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip