Author Topic: Kaufman PG Tweets/Woj Stuff (Merged)  (Read 18521 times)

Re: Kaufman PG Tweets/Woj Stuff (Merged)
« Reply #75 on: June 27, 2017, 02:48:54 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
"The Celtics' belief they can turn George into more than a one-year rental has them increasingly willing to part with significant assets to the Indiana Pacers.

The Pacers could allow George to speak to potential suitors about a contract extension, though that permission has yet to be granted."

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/246515/Celtics-Have-Increasing-Confidence-In-Paul-George-Extension

There's already another post about this. But yes, this would be perfect.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #76 on: June 27, 2017, 02:50:29 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2953
  • On To Banner 18!
Finished my last final exam for the summer early this morning.

Now I can sit back, relax, and investigate these Woj Bombs for the next few weeks LOL.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #77 on: June 27, 2017, 03:22:50 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Kaufman tweeted Friday it would be 3 years extension https://twitter.com/AdamMKaufman/status/878229367704485888

« Reply #78 on: June 27, 2017, 04:23:34 PM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
Would you choose an extension for George over Hayward?

You have to get real creative to do both. Highly unlikely that we trade Horford for George to make it happen.

I think I would choose George over Hayward but only if we could get him to sign that extension

« Reply #79 on: June 27, 2017, 04:29:26 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

You have to get real creative to do both. Highly unlikely that we trade Horford for George to make it happen.

I think I would choose George over Hayward but only if we could get him to sign that extension

No. Get Hayward, trade for George, and convince him that winning plus more money makes Boston the best fit.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #80 on: June 27, 2017, 04:32:37 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
New update per Kaufman on Celtics @ 7 this AM on 98.5.

Deal he was hearing was the pick acquired from Philly (LAL 18 or Sac 19), a non Brooklyn pick, Jae Crowder, and salary filler for PG13.

Are you people insane? All that for a RENTAL? Pass.

In this rumor it wouldn't be a rental.

Oh I stand corrected then. I thought this was the offer IND made to Boston on Draft Night (before the whole Hayward-George plan came into play the very next day).

ACTUALLY, when I look at it again.. that would also require dealing Bradley away (most likely). Is it really worth "gutting this team" to accommodate PG13+Hayward (with IT also likely getting an extension the year after).

I think this rumor is probably made up, but would our team really be gutted?

Horford / Zizic
George / Ojeleye
Hayward / Tatum / Nader
Brown / Smart / Bird
Thomas / Rozier / Allen

That's an inexperienced bench, but if we could land a passable backup big with the room exception we'd be in great shape.

Yeah, as much as I will hate to see Avery go, that team looks pretty good on paper.  We keep Smart / Brown / Tatum / Rozier as a young core, and have 4 all star level players in the starting 5.  Sign me up!

And 2018 BKN pick!!

« Reply #81 on: June 27, 2017, 04:37:05 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
Did you guys listen to Mannix on WEEI this morning? I tuned in late but as I tuned in he was mentioning PG as a one year rental nothing about an extension. He also said he doesn't see it working with Hayward and PG that they are too similar. He thinks we have a good shot at Hayward and that that's why we didn't go after Butler.

I think we need to not get our hopes up too fast.
Kaufman believes good chance at  extension

« Reply #82 on: June 27, 2017, 04:37:35 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 658
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Step one is getting Hayward OR Griffin; Renounce your FA's

Step Two trade for PG with an extension in place

Step 3 is fill out roster with min Vet deals and and some of the guys they drafted

« Reply #83 on: June 27, 2017, 04:39:39 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
New update per Kaufman on Celtics @ 7 this AM on 98.5.

Deal he was hearing was the pick acquired from Philly (LAL 18 or Sac 19), a non Brooklyn pick, Jae Crowder, and salary filler for PG13.

Are you people insane? All that for a RENTAL? Pass.
it's highway robbery if George agrees to the extension.

« Reply #84 on: June 27, 2017, 04:45:19 PM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199

No. Get Hayward, trade for George, and convince him that winning plus more money makes Boston the best fit.

That's a very very expensive route. But yes it is certainly easier to achieve. But the question is would you extend George instead of getting Hayward? It's a hypothetical

« Reply #85 on: June 27, 2017, 05:12:16 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550

That's a very very expensive route. But yes it is certainly easier to achieve. But the question is would you extend George instead of getting Hayward? It's a hypothetical

That's a tough one. I think overall George has been a better player in his career, he's a little bigger and longer which is appealing as well. But they both had similar season last year and will both require the max the going forward. They are the same age (like 2 month difference). Given that George costs assets I go Hayward.