Author Topic: Kaufman PG Tweets/Woj Stuff (Merged)  (Read 18434 times)

Re: Kaufman PG Tweets/Woj Stuff (Merged)
« Reply #60 on: June 24, 2017, 04:50:28 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
New update per Kaufman on Celtics @ 7 this AM on 98.5.

Deal he was hearing was the pick acquired from Philly (LAL 18 or Sac 19), a non Brooklyn pick, Jae Crowder, and salary filler for PG13.

Are you people insane? All that for a RENTAL? Pass.

"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #61 on: June 24, 2017, 04:54:30 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Deal he was hearing was the pick acquired from Philly (LAL 18 or Sac 19), a non Brooklyn pick, Jae Crowder, and salary filler for PG13.

In this rumor it wouldn't be a rental.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #62 on: June 24, 2017, 04:55:35 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

That takes care of George, but they can't sign Hayward without unloading Bradley.

I think Bradley would be relatively easy to unload (Philly comes to mind again, Minny has cap space and could use a shooter), but I'd imagine Danny wanted to get Hayward's commitment before flipping him. Bradley likely stays if he doesn't so we don't have a major hole on the wing.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #63 on: June 24, 2017, 04:56:18 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

Oh I stand corrected then. I thought this was the offer IND made to Boston on Draft Night (before the whole Hayward-George plan came into play the very next day).

ACTUALLY, when I look at it again.. that would also require dealing Bradley away (most likely). Is it really worth "gutting this team" to accommodate PG13+Hayward (with IT also likely getting an extension the year after).
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #64 on: June 24, 2017, 05:02:21 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

And the only thing of consequence there is the LA/Sacramento pick and even then, you're getting an All Star wing for a pick you're not even sure will be conveyed in 2018.

And yes, yes I know. Great Value Jae is going out too, but with PG coming in plus Jaylen and Tatum here, we'd dry our collective tears eventually.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #65 on: June 24, 2017, 05:13:15 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Oh I stand corrected then. I thought this was the offer IND made to Boston on Draft Night (before the whole Hayward-George plan came into play the very next day).

ACTUALLY, when I look at it again.. that would also require dealing Bradley away (most likely). Is it really worth "gutting this team" to accommodate PG13+Hayward (with IT also likely getting an extension the year after).

I think this rumor is probably made up, but would our team really be gutted?

Horford / Zizic
George / Ojeleye
Hayward / Tatum / Nader
Brown / Smart / Bird
Thomas / Rozier / Allen

That's an inexperienced bench, but if we could land a passable backup big with the room exception we'd be in great shape.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #66 on: June 24, 2017, 05:17:12 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
In a way PG has really played this perfectly.

1. The only teams that dare trade for him will be near-contenders like the Spurs or Celtics. A smaller-market, unsuccessful club like Phoenix has way too much to lose. So he will land in a winning program.

2. Teams will use Bird rights to offer him the absolute most money they can to appease him. Indy can't keep him, and any team trading for him has to know that he is going to expect them to give him every dime they can.

3. He has driven down the trade value on himself for Indy, which makes it easier for a contender to land him while not blowing all their assets. If he joins the Celtics, for instance, without their having to send the Lakers pick or the '18 Brooklyn pick then it helps his team compete in the long run.

4. If he accepts a trade to a team other than the Lakers it sends a signal to the rest of the league that he wants to help build a winning team. It is like a mating call to other star players.

IMO he has used his leverage perfectly and should end up in a very favorable spot. Worst-case scenario he plays at home in LA and can go out clubbing every night while playing for a loser. But in every other scenario he is making Bird max money for a loaded contender.

« Reply #67 on: June 24, 2017, 06:27:05 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469

Horford / Zizic
George / Ojeleye
Hayward / Tatum / Nader
Brown / Smart / Bird
Thomas / Rozier / Allen

That's an inexperienced bench, but if we could land a passable backup big with the room exception we'd be in great shape.

Yeah, as much as I will hate to see Avery go, that team looks pretty good on paper.  We keep Smart / Brown / Tatum / Rozier as a young core, and have 4 all star level players in the starting 5.  Sign me up!

« Reply #68 on: June 24, 2017, 06:28:50 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120

Horford / Zizic
George / Ojeleye
Hayward / Tatum / Nader
Brown / Smart / Bird
Thomas / Rozier / Allen

If that is the team we end up with by end of the summer, I'd say the offseason went about as well as could be expected. Plust the Cs still have the Brooklyn '18 pick.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #69 on: June 24, 2017, 06:33:18 PM »

Offline Jack_Frost

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 52

Horford / Zizic
George / Ojeleye
Hayward / Tatum / Nader
Brown / Smart / Bird
Thomas / Rozier / Allen

Funny part here is we can trade for Porzingis too if PJax come down to earth... We hav enough asset. Don't know if we need though

« Reply #70 on: June 24, 2017, 07:01:50 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664

Horford / Zizic
George / Ojeleye
Hayward / Tatum / Nader
Brown / Smart / Bird
Thomas / Rozier / Allen

If that is the team we end up with by end of the summer, I'd say the offseason went about as well as could be expected. Plust the Cs still have the Brooklyn '18 pick.

I like the look of that team, but if we re-sign IT, we are going way over the luxury tax in 2018 and beyond.   I could see Wyc willing to pay some luxury tax, but not that much.  Is acquiring Hayward and George worth letting IT go?

« Reply #71 on: June 24, 2017, 07:29:35 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120

Horford / Zizic
George / Ojeleye
Hayward / Tatum / Nader
Brown / Smart / Bird
Thomas / Rozier / Allen

I like the look of that team, but if we re-sign IT, we are going way over the luxury tax in 2018 and beyond.   I could see Wyc willing to pay some luxury tax, but not that much.  Is acquiring Hayward and George worth letting IT go?

This is a great point, but I'm not too worried about it. A few thoughts:
(1) IT played great this past year. Will he be the same next year, especially after surgery?
(2) IT will get whatever the open market will offer. Will the open market offer him a max contract? Doubtful. And he knows this, so I bet he can be resigned at a bit of a discount.
(3) DA has been doing a very nice job of building via FA and via draft. If things don't work out and IT leaves, at least DA has been drafting and developing.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #72 on: June 24, 2017, 07:41:16 PM »

Offline OldSchoolDude

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 79

Horford / Zizic
George / Ojeleye
Hayward / Tatum / Nader
Brown / Smart / Bird
Thomas / Rozier / Allen

This is a great point, but I'm not too worried about it. A few thoughts:
(1) IT played great this past year. Will he be the same next year, especially after surgery?
(2) IT will get whatever the open market will offer. Will the open market offer him a max contract? Doubtful. And he knows this, so I bet he can be resigned at a bit of a discount.
(3) DA has been doing a very nice job of building via FA and via draft. If things don't work out and IT leaves, at least DA has been drafting and developing.

If IT plays at the same level the market will offer him a max deal.  Dallas is ready to give Noel a max deal this summer.

I like fultz and ball both better than IT but really that was it.  Maybe down the road maybe fox or Smith could be better but not drafting Fultz or Ball shows the team is moving towards keeping IT.  But if we get Luka Doncic next year then by all means let IT walk. I suspect even if we don't get Doncic that IT will need to take a team discount to stay and that he will walk for more money from another team.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 07:46:52 PM by OldSchoolDude »

« Reply #73 on: June 24, 2017, 07:46:17 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549

Horford / Zizic
George / Ojeleye
Hayward / Tatum / Nader
Brown / Smart / Bird
Thomas / Rozier / Allen

Trading Avery Bradley and Crowder is not even remotely gutting our team. I mean we are more than likely going to have to let Bradley go any way next year, so not a huge loss there. And Crowder may be under a nice contract but  if we signed Heyward and traded for George we would have roughly a million and one wings. At some point we probably have to trade him just to open up the proper player time for the young guys on the roster. I would argue that a two for one consolidation trade is exactly what we need.

« Reply #74 on: June 27, 2017, 02:43:44 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
3 year source:
https://twitter.com/AdamMKaufman/status/878229367704485888

Also:

"The Celtics' belief they can turn George into more than a one-year rental has them increasingly willing to part with significant assets to the Indiana Pacers.

The Pacers could allow George to speak to potential suitors about a contract extension, though that permission has yet to be granted."

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/246515/Celtics-Have-Increasing-Confidence-In-Paul-George-Extension
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 03:24:25 PM by CelticsElite »