Author Topic: Ainge on cancelled Jackson workout: "I was mad" was cancelled mid-flight Bos-Sac  (Read 12505 times)

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Anyone else question Josh's age? He graduated high school at 19 so he's not the sharpest crayon in the box. Also he looks way older than 20.

He leaves it all out in the court...but might may have poor /average outside work ethic

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
Anyone else question Josh's age? He graduated high school at 19 so he's not the sharpest crayon in the box. Also he looks way older than 20.

His age should be taken into account as far as physical development, but I don't think it should be used to judge his intelligence.  There are many reasons why kids start elementary school a little early or late.

Offline mrceltics2013

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 15
Funnny thing was, everytime he was answering a question I notice he didn't sound too bright when he answered them lol. Didn't know he graduated at 19

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Workout are stupid, if my entire wirk performance wss on tape interviewing would be stupid as well

Almonst every bad ainge pick can he attributed to a workiut, he was going to.select yi based on his workout, thankfully presti bailed.him out that year, thats what you need to know about ainge and draft workouts

What you need to know about workouts is that lots of teams value it and it add more knowledge about the players, something they have more of than you in the first place.

Offline obnoxiousmime

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 258
I now think I was a little naive about this whole incident. My friend said it was probably intentional, and it makes sense. Let's put it this way: there was no chance of the Celtics drafting Jackson after he screwed them over like that. Is he/his agent that devious? I wouldn't be surprised.

If he had just respectfully declined to work out for them each time, I could still see Ainge taking him. After what happened, no way.

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377

His age should be taken into account as far as physical development, but I don't think it should be used to judge his intelligence.  There are many reasons why kids start elementary school a little early or late.
... one of them being lack of intelligence.  ;)

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664

... one of them being lack of intelligence.  ;)

I know you're kidding, but no.

Offline OldSchoolDude

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 79
Workout are stupid, if my entire wirk performance wss on tape interviewing would be stupid as well

Almonst every bad ainge pick can he attributed to a workiut, he was going to.select yi based on his workout, thankfully presti bailed.him out that year, thats what you need to know about ainge and draft workouts

Every team doesn't have the exact same script of questions, and there is something to looking a person in they eye when you're talking to them and trying to learn about them.

Every team doesn't have the exact same drills.  Also, for a player with a questionable shot, ... cough ... Jackson, a team may want to offer some coaching and watch to see how he takes it and how it affects his shot.

Not to mention, bringing a player in for a work out allows the C's to preform the Sullenger test:  The C's leave the prospect in a room with a box of donuts.  If he eats one no problem, if he eats two eyebrows rasied, if he eats the whole box there's a problem.