Author Topic: Welcome Semi Ojeleye! Pick 37. (DraftExpress Video)  (Read 14724 times)

Re: Welcome Semi Ojeleye! Pick 37. (DraftExpress Video)
« Reply #75 on: June 24, 2017, 02:58:09 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Ojeleye and Yabusele will be fun to have on the team.  Just name-wise.  Imagine Tommy saying those names.

I guess we know who's replacing Jerebko.

I can't wait to hear Tommy.
he wouldn't dare try

« Reply #76 on: June 24, 2017, 03:44:46 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Ojeleye and Yabusele will be fun to have on the team.  Just name-wise.  Imagine Tommy saying those names.

I guess we know who's replacing Jerebko.

I can't wait to hear Tommy.
he wouldn't dare try

He would say Semi O!!!!

Lol

« Reply #77 on: June 24, 2017, 03:47:49 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
The comparison to Mickey is silly.  Mickey is not athletic enough, not strong enough, and not offensively skilled enough to play the 5, and he is an undersized 5.  That's why he won't make it.

This guy is a wing/small-ball 4.  He is a physical specimen who can body anyone in the NBA on Day 1.  Plus he clearly has offensive game, enough to make him reliable.

We go 10 deep during the regular season, why wouldn't he take Jerebko's spot in the rotation next year or the following?

« Reply #78 on: June 24, 2017, 03:54:14 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
And I think we just found the Board's next new 2nd round binky to follow in the footsteps of Bill Walker, Leon Powe, Semih Erden, Big Baby Davis, Ryan Gomes, and Jordan Mickey.
Um, I hope he doesn't follow too closely.   ::)

« Reply #79 on: June 24, 2017, 04:05:24 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
And I think we just found the Board's next new 2nd round binky to follow in the footsteps of Bill Walker, Leon Powe, Semih Erden, Big Baby Davis, Ryan Gomes, and Jordan Mickey.

why? most of those guys were solid players for where they were chosen. I don't know who Walker is and never saw Gomes but I'd take Powe, Erden and BBD off the bench today (at their peak)! We can't do much worse than we had as far as big man production over the last few seasons.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #80 on: June 24, 2017, 04:11:26 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell

why? most of those guys were solid players for where they were chosen. I don't know who Walker is and never saw Gomes but I'd take Powe, Erden and BBD off the bench today (at their peak)! We can't do much worse than we had as far as big man production over the last few seasons.
Why? Because I hope Semi is better than all of them.  The best of that bunch was BBD with Gomes close behind.  I want more!

« Reply #81 on: June 24, 2017, 04:14:45 PM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
Brian Robb‏Verified account @CelticsHub

Ojeleye with some eye-opening shooting splits: 52.9/42.4/78.5% Averages 6 free throw attempts per game. How was he available at 37 again?

Played in a weak conference and is older because he sat on the bench at Duke and transferred. Can shoot and is a specimen, albeit a tweener.

BTW, we're losing a bunch of guys if we want to create cap space, so there's no reason we'll have a Semi vs Nader deathmatch.

True. I really do wonder if Ainge does indeed have a fetish with tweeners. There were some decent stash and big euros that he could've picked up at the 5. What does he do with Mickey, Yabusele, and Ojeleye?

Obviously you:

Cut Mickey for sucking (he couldn't even dominate Summer League which has no talented bigs), put Nader, Yabu and Zizic on the roster, send Bird and Allen to the D-league, let Johnson, Jerebko and Gerald Green walk as UFA's.

PG:IT, Smart, Jackson
SG:Bradley, Rozier, Nader
SF: Crowder, Brown, Ojeleye
PF: Horford, Tatum, Yabu
C: Kelly, Zizic, Zeller

15 players... That wasn't so hard now was it?

« Reply #82 on: June 24, 2017, 04:32:25 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
Brian Robb‏Verified account @CelticsHub

Ojeleye with some eye-opening shooting splits: 52.9/42.4/78.5% Averages 6 free throw attempts per game. How was he available at 37 again?

Played in a weak conference and is older because he sat on the bench at Duke and transferred. Can shoot and is a specimen, albeit a tweener.

BTW, we're losing a bunch of guys if we want to create cap space, so there's no reason we'll have a Semi vs Nader deathmatch.

True. I really do wonder if Ainge does indeed have a fetish with tweeners. There were some decent stash and big euros that he could've picked up at the 5. What does he do with Mickey, Yabusele, and Ojeleye?

Obviously you:

Cut Mickey for sucking (he couldn't even dominate Summer League which has no talented bigs), put Nader, Yabu and Zizic on the roster, send Bird and Allen to the D-league, let Johnson, Jerebko and Gerald Green walk as UFA's.

PG:IT, Smart, Jackson
SG:Bradley, Rozier, Nader
SF: Crowder, Brown, Ojeleye
PF: Horford, Tatum, Yabu
C: Kelly, Zizic, Zeller

15 players... That wasn't so hard now was it?
Yup, though I hate the idea of having Zeller back, even as 3rd string center.  Also, Bird and Allen are #16 and #17 which is a new flexibility for rosters this upcoming season.