Author Topic: Welcome Semi Ojeleye! Pick 37. (DraftExpress Video)  (Read 14755 times)

Re: Welcome Semi Ojeleye! Pick 37. (DraftExpress Video)
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2017, 12:02:33 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
His numbers are great.  I see O'Connor had him ranked 20th.  Seems like a nice pick.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2017, 12:03:07 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
I have to temper my intrigue with this prospect... PF is one of the most vicious positions to be undersized... just look at Jordan Mickey... he was a steal too.

We need actual bigs

Jordan Mickey was not a steal.  He never had the skill to play in the NBA.  Ojele has the skill to stick on the right team.  I'm not even sure Yabu has an edge on him, at this point...

edit: 5 stars.  woot woot.
https://www.google.com.jm/amp/nesn.com/2015/06/brad-stevens-really-surprised-jordan-mickey-fell-to-celtics-in-nba-draft/amp/

Not raining on the love fest... but we've seen this story before. An undersized guard is one thing, an undersized big on a team without a legitimate big is iffy.
that was a very weak draft.

« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2017, 12:03:12 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Lol the new Perk?

This guy could take good care of Zaza if he tries his dirty antics with us haha

« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2017, 12:04:36 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
He'll never play in the NBA g league or overseas.  [dang] shame too, just like Nader

« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2017, 12:05:25 AM »

Offline __ramonezy__

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 62
I have to temper my intrigue with this prospect... PF is one of the most vicious positions to be undersized... just look at Jordan Mickey... he was a steal too.

We need actual bigs

That looks like next year's focus.

Finally

I hope so... fingers and toes crossed.

I'm not seeing prospects chosen that I think are worthy of the 2 way contracts as they won't bring anything new to the roster. Despite profile, Semi is a wing

« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2017, 12:06:03 AM »

Offline __ramonezy__

• Jaylen Brown
Crap we just chose another wing

« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2017, 12:06:23 AM »

Offline coffee425

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
Smart/Crowder gets another gym buddy
Even at the end of the game, we lined up in different formation that he hadn't seen and he called out our play before I got the ball. I heard him calling it out. -John Wall on Brad Stevens

« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2017, 12:07:45 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

We need actual bigs

Jordan Mickey was not a steal.  He never had the skill to play in the NBA.  Ojele has the skill to stick on the right team.  I'm not even sure Yabu has an edge on him, at this point...

https://www.google.com.jm/amp/nesn.com/2015/06/brad-stevens-really-surprised-jordan-mickey-fell-to-celtics-in-nba-draft/amp/

Not raining on the love fest... but we've seen this story before. An undersized guard is one thing, an undersized big on a team without a legitimate big is iffy.

That's just lip service.  He was undersized, lacked the skill and strength to adjust.  Ojele can shoot it, attacks the o-boards, and has NBA strength.  He may be able to carve out a role.  I just don't see them as similar prospects.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2017, 12:09:48 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
https://youtu.be/B_oJ2crAh_M

22 year old 6'7" SF played for SMU, transfered from Duke.
AAC player of the year

per 40:
23.7 pts
52% FG
43% 3PT

Someone called him a more explosive Crowder

Completely agree. A straight line athlere. Not much wiggle or finesse, but [dang] is he strong and explosive! 240 pounds and 5% bodyfat?

Most people humans don't realize how ridiculous that is. I remember when I was 225 pounds and 11% bodyfat. I thought I was king Kong!

« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2017, 12:13:30 AM »

Offline __ramonezy__

• Jaylen Brown

We need actual bigs

That's just lip service.  He was undersized, lacked the skill and strength to adjust.  Ojele can shoot it, attacks the o-boards, and has NBA strength.  He may be able to carve out a role.  I just don't see them as similar prospects.
No it wasn't... they liked Mickey. If I'm not mistaken, he got the most guaranteed money for a second round pick.

If you're gonna swing, swing for the fences at a position of need... i think we have enough wing depth now. Nothing against Semi his numbers look great... but we literally have a roster with no legitimate center... we cannot go into the season like this.

« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2017, 12:14:58 AM »

Offline ThaPreacher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 174
  • THA PREACHER
Semi doesn't even need a nick name!

O  Jel   Eye!
"Just do what you do best."  -Red Auerbach-

« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2017, 12:18:21 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson

We need actual bigs

No it wasn't... they liked Mickey. If I'm not mistaken, he got the most guaranteed money for a second round pick.

If you're gonna swing, swing for the fences at a position of need... i think we have enough wing depth now. Nothing against Semi his numbers look great... but we literally have a roster with no legitimate center... we cannot go into the season like this.

Yes it was.  I don't care what they reportedly believed, he wasn't going to stick in the NBA same way it was clear Jajuan Johnson wouldn't cut it.  When you're picking this late, the selections honestly matter very little.  You're just looking for a steal regardless of position, and we already have plenty of late picks to round out a roster.  This kid is undoubtedly a better prospect than Mickey was, though.   

« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2017, 12:21:41 AM »

Offline __ramonezy__

• Jaylen Brown

We need actual bigs

Yes it was.  I don't care what they reportedly believed, he wasn't going to stick in the NBA same way it was clear Jajuan Johnson wouldn't cut it.  When you're picking this late, the selections honestly matter very little.  You're just looking for a steal regardless of position, and we already have plenty of late picks to round out a roster.  This kid is undoubtedly a better prospect than Mickey was, though.   

I trust the front office, so I'm fully on board now... this feels more like we have some leaning towards Griffin and Zinger than Hayward

« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2017, 12:23:48 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson

We need actual bigs

I trust the front office, so I'm fully on board now... this feels more like we have some leaning towards Griffin and Zinger than Hayward

I trust them too, apologies if I came off condescending.  I do like the pick, but yea... it's all just a crapshoot.  Hope you're right re: free agency.  TP. 

« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2017, 12:36:10 AM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533
Athletic and can shoot.  Works for me.  We have too many guys on the current roster who can't shoot all that well or at least consistently.