Author Topic: Floor/Ceiling For Jayson Tatum? (Challenge: Don't Use Paul Pierce)  (Read 23051 times)

Re: Floor/Ceiling For Jayson Tatum? (Challenge: Don't Use Paul Pierce)
« Reply #45 on: June 23, 2017, 06:39:12 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Jackson is certainly explosive and related to that, I can grant more able to gain separation in some cases. But IQ-wise I feel like Tatum beats Jackson hands down. By a long shot. Like not even negotiable, it's so evident.
Jackson has freaky athleticism and Tatum has an old man game, but I'm pretty sure the consensus is that Jackson's IQ is quite a bit higher.  The Lakers or Kings pick better be awesome because it's going to suck if Fultz becomes a 25ppg scorer and we have a Granger, Sean Elliot, Battier type guy. 

If we are comparing Tatum to Pierce, Tatum dunks like Clippers Pierce.  His feet move faster than Clippers Pierce but he doesn't get any higher over the rim.  That's my main concern- Tatum's athleticism, because I really like his skills.

« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2017, 06:41:59 AM »

Offline coco

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 146
Ceiling:  Greinger
Floor:  Caron Butler

« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2017, 06:43:43 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan

Who is this? Some foreign guy?

« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2017, 06:54:45 AM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
Ceiling: Melo who we convince to play d

Floor: Tobias Harris
#JKJB

« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2017, 07:42:32 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Jeff Green Floor , almost turned me against nice people.   In the NBA is a cut thoat crowd on court at least .    the meek get eaten and their carcasses tossed aside for the next draftee . 

Motor and effort and kicking the other guys can down the road .....KG

He can be Santa Claus off court.  but he needs to remember once he steps,on the court , his whole attitude has to change .  NBA is about winning period .

He needs a poster of KG in his locker .

Maybe James Worthy player ceiling.

« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2017, 07:47:46 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
Jackson is certainly explosive and related to that, I can grant more able to gain separation in some cases. But IQ-wise I feel like Tatum beats Jackson hands down. By a long shot. Like not even negotiable, it's so evident.
Jackson has freaky athleticism and Tatum has an old man game, but I'm pretty sure the consensus is that Jackson's IQ is quite a bit higher.  The Lakers or Kings pick better be awesome because it's going to suck if Fultz becomes a 25ppg scorer and we have a Granger, Sean Elliot, Battier type guy. 

If we are comparing Tatum to Pierce, Tatum dunks like Clippers Pierce.  His feet move faster than Clippers Pierce but he doesn't get any higher over the rim.  That's my main concern- Tatum's athleticism, because I really like his skills.

This exactly my concern as well.  Another is why he has a nice built to put on more mass I'm not sure if he'll be as physical as Melo or Pierce.  He doesn't have to be exactly like them though to be a very effective player.  He seems to really like that Dirk 1 legged shot.

« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2017, 08:03:43 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Those three guys you gave as comparisons are all completely different, am I missing something? And the guy he's most commonly compared to - Granger - was a reliable 25ppg before he got injured.

I think he'll be absolutely fine.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #52 on: June 23, 2017, 08:28:16 AM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 620
Jeff Green Floor , almost turned me against nice people.   In the NBA is a cut thoat crowd on court at least .    the meek get eaten and their carcasses tossed aside for the next draftee . 

Motor and effort and kicking the other guys can down the road .....KG

He can be Santa Claus off court.  but he needs to remember once he steps,on the court , his whole attitude has to change .  NBA is about winning period .

He needs a poster of KG in his locker .

Maybe James Worthy player ceiling.

This is a nonsense narrative that only the meanest dogs thrive in the NBA.

Ceiling: Grant Hill
Floor: Adam Morrison or any other high pick thats busted out since they all the same anyways. Probably from being too nice :P
ok fine

« Reply #53 on: June 23, 2017, 09:36:51 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
The challenge is a heck of a challenge -- I just opened up DraftExpress' scouting video and it's pretty much like watching 29-year-old Paul Pierce, except he's 6'8 (well, and has no left hand, I guess).
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #54 on: June 23, 2017, 09:51:21 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

Who is this? Some foreign guy?

Guessing Danny Granger
Yup

« Reply #55 on: June 23, 2017, 09:53:39 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

Those three guys you gave as comparisons are all completely different, am I missing something? And the guy he's most commonly compared to - Granger - was a reliable 25ppg before he got injured.

I think he'll be absolutely fine.
Yes you are missing the rest of the thread.

« Reply #56 on: June 23, 2017, 10:08:56 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
Ceiling: Carmelo Anthony with less volume and better defense
Floor: more efficient Evan turner
Carmelo and Turner was what I was thinking also.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #57 on: June 23, 2017, 10:31:54 AM »

Offline redrobot

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 4

So I went back and looked over a wide variety of scouting reports on both Jackson and Tatum and failed to see anyone even come close to claiming Jackson has a higher BBIQ. Not sure where you are getting this consensus from - kuathletics.com?

« Reply #58 on: June 23, 2017, 10:49:36 AM »

Offline greenhead85

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 35
Floor: combination of Rudy Gay and Xavier McDaniel.

Ceiling: combination of Carmelo and Kenyon Martin.

« Reply #59 on: June 23, 2017, 10:52:13 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Floor - Tobias Harris
Ceiling - Danny Granger

Rooftop - PG13