Author Topic: The ONLY Logical Way To Acquire George Is To Get Hayward Here First.  (Read 2264 times)

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
http://nesn.com/2017/03/nba-rumors-pacers-star-paul-george-wants-to-play-with-gordon-hayward/

Paul George, back in March, made it known that he'd LOVE to play with Gordon Hayward. You can read more into it in the article above.

Paul George and Gordon Hayward were both also snubbed from All-NBA teams.

Paul George, in the All-Star Game, when asked what player he was most looking forward to seeing during the "festivities", responded: "Isaiah"

Paul George has also, in the last BOS-IND game, admired the Celtics chemistry, and even felt a little jealous about how great it was, and how much in-sync the C's were in that game.

Now you look at today, and the C's drafted Tatum with pick #3. One thing to note is that, even with the cap dropping 2M (from 101M to 99M), going from #1 to #3 actually saved the C's an extra 1.4M in cap space I believe, plus Hayward's projected max went down from 30.3M to 29.7M (correct me if I'm wrong).

The Celtics now have the cap room to acquire Hayward in FA, and you have to think, AFTER July 1, the Celtics could try and go after Paul George. If PG13 really does love the idea of playing with Hayward, and would love to team up with him and much of this core (IT, Horford, Hayward, Brown, Tatum, Bradley/Smart?), we could have a chance, especially with his price not being absurdly big, as it seems.

Even though talks have stalled, I'm sure they'll revisit after July 1, and if the Celtics sign Hayward in FA, I think that could help our chances of not only acquiring George, but convincing him to stay long term. Again, this is the ONLY LOGICAL chance we have at George + convincing him to stay.

Otherwise, it's still a risk, but this way, it's a bit of a smaller risk, and could work out well for us in the long run. It's our best chance, in a sense.

Thoughts?

"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline The_Truth

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 28
Facts.

Now let's enjoy the show
 8)

Best case scenario right here, but there's clearly a chance for it to unfold.

Offline MVPPierceNoJoke

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
If they both come Jaylen Brown is gone

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!

Jaylen and Tatum are part of the future. I doubt it.

Maybe AB, with Jaylen capable of playing the 2. Same with Hayward. Hayward can play 2-4.

I've heard Tatum can play PF as well.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210

Jaylen and Tatum are part of the future. I doubt it.

Maybe AB, with Jaylen capable of playing the 2. Same with Hayward. Hayward can play 2-4.

I've heard Tatum can play PF as well.

Indiana can't do anything with AB but trade him.  Some team out West might put a premium on AB to guard the warriors.  Indiana needs to rebuild with picks.  I can't see the Celtics giving up the 3rd pick in the draft for a potential one year rental.  I can see them moving Crowder, AB, and maybe Rozier and the lower end of the roster though.  Maybe they don't go to Indiana, but bring back picks that get flipped to Indiana.

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
From the Woj rumors, I have a sense that George will be a Celtic before the summer is over. It could well be after they sign Hayward. That will make them look awfully good to a player like George. "Add me, and this team can go all the way." Or it will make them look awfully good to Hayward if George is signed first. One begets the other. That's how it works.

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141

That would make sense.

Offline Scintan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 656

I don't think that necessarily follows.

When people are free to do as they please, they usually imitate each other.

Offline OldSchoolDude

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 79

PG: IT/Rozier
SG: Brown/Bradley
SF: Hayward/Tatum
PF: George/ New German Dude
 C: Horford/Zizic

I give up Crowder and Smart for George + filler picks, our own first and/or a few 2nd rounders, maybe even the MEM 2019.

Offline MVPPierceNoJoke

• Don Chaney

PG: IT/Rozier
SG: Brown/Bradley
SF: Hayward/Tatum
PF: George/ New German Dude
 C: Horford/Zizic

I give up Crowder and Smart for George + filler picks, our own first and/or a few 2nd rounders, maybe even the MEM 2019.
So Bradley is going to go from playing 30 minutes a night to 20? And Tatum will get the same treatment as Brown did this year? I just do not see all that fitting in together

Offline Scintan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 656
So Bradley is going to go from playing 30 minutes a night to 20? And Tatum will get the same treatment as Brown did this year? I just do not see all that fitting in together

Bradley's a good player, but he's injury prone.  Without giving exact numbers, limiting his minutes is probably a smart move.  Also, I don't see why you'd think Brown would pass him for minutes at the 2.

When people are free to do as they please, they usually imitate each other.

Offline MVPPierceNoJoke

• Don Chaney

Bradley's a good player, but he's injury prone.  Without giving exact numbers, limiting his minutes is probably a smart move.  Also, I don't see why you'd think Brown would pass him for minutes at the 2.
I was only saying Brown would pass Bradley because the poster I quoted had that lineup. Either way to many wings, not enough minutes

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307
Unless it's expected late draft picks or AB, I'm not giving up a good asset for PG.

I'd love to be able to keep AB, but his contract demands will likely lead him elsewhere, so if we're going to get something for him, this offseason is the time.

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Who plays SG if we get both George and Hayward?  They can't both play the 3 at the same time...

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Who plays SG if we get both George and Hayward?  They can't both play the 3 at the same time...

One, positionless basketball is a thing, so it doesn't matter.  Two, if it does to you, George started his career at the 2, so we'll pick him.