Author Topic: Boston drafting a lot of 'good guys'. Can you win without some 'nasty' players?  (Read 5423 times)

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
gotta admit.  this is why i don't like the pick. and i don't like duke players in general.  just the type of player coach k brings into the program is kind of a punk in the nba.     other than kyrie,  whose still kind of a ****,  who's good from duke?    brand?  hill?    i don't know.  the theory could be awful.
Nice job ignoring jabari parker, Rodney hood, and Austin rivers... All starters putting up nice numbers

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
As others have mentioned, Smart, Crowder, and Zizic provide a solid base. I also think Jaylen is totally 'nasty' and see the same potential in Tatum. Just because somebody is nice/well-spoken off the court doesn't mean they don't play with a chip on their shoulder on the court. IT is another one...obviously.

Online kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
Let's not forget Rozier, he is pretty tough. There was a whole thread dedicated to whether or not he is a gang member  ::)

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Smart and Crowder are suppose to be those guys. Yet I watched 5 games of Irving gliding to the hoop untouched when all someone had to do is knock him on his ass once and that cupcake would have gone and hid in the locker room with his tail in between his legs for the rest of the series. So I say nasty in the modern NBA is not very relevant.

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
This is a dumb thread.

You also need points. We have thomas crowder smart and brown and it's not like Tatums soft. He's just not as "nasty" as jackson

Now what if I responded in kind to your attempted insult?
Wouldn't make the thread less dumb.

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
Ainge is drafting talented hard workers me likey!

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
gotta admit.  this is why i don't like the pick. and i don't like duke players in general.  just the type of player coach k brings into the program is kind of a punk in the nba.     other than kyrie,  whose still kind of a ****,  who's good from duke?    brand?  hill?    i don't know.  the theory could be awful.
Nice job ignoring jabari parker, Rodney hood, and Austin rivers... All starters putting up nice numbers

ehh. nothing special.  parkers a Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline..  rivers is a Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline..

we should have just traded this pick for cousins.  brad stevens is such a wimp sometimes.

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
As others have mentioned, Smart, Crowder, and Zizic provide a solid base. I also think Jaylen is totally 'nasty' and see the same potential in Tatum. Just because somebody is nice/well-spoken off the court doesn't mean they don't play with a chip on their shoulder on the court. IT is another one...obviously.

Bradley, too. Tatum reminds me of a 6'8" Bradley.
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065

Offline MaxAMillion

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 16
Who was the nasty guy on Cleveland...San Antonio?

JR Smith, Tristan Thompson, Schumpert, Kevin Love, and LeBron James.

San Antonio... they do not need nasty they have Popovich... he is nasty enough. But you want nasty on that squad, Diaw, Ginobili !!!

I will ignore the rest and say I don't view Lebron as nasty. He is supremely talented and a hard worker, but he doesn't fit my view of nasty. Kobe fits my definition of a nasty basketball player (and I hated the guy). I guess we have different definitions.

Nasty wasn't the reason the C's lost to Cleveland. That was about talent.

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
I just lost a post in the other thread on Tatum due to "connection problems". You can't get it back.

The other thread had about 50 members and 348 (!) guests viewing the post!

Houston, we have a problem here. Can we screen out the guests during busy periods so we don't write wasted posts?

Sorry for the digression.

Yeah, Jackson and Smart would have been a nice nasty pair. But they like a kid who can shoot the eyes off the ball.  Think Bird or Pierce. They do need scoring up front. Of course, they also need defense up front.

I didn't think they could go wrong with either Tatum or Jackson. Everybody thought Jackson because the Celtics are defense oriented. But maybe they though it was time for offense, and they had enough nasties who can't shoot.

It's a sign also that they aren't in the trading market--with the #3, anyways.

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
We have Kelly. He's nasty according to Love, Draymond Green & Kelly Oubre.

Offline Onslaught

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
We have Kelly. He's nasty according to Love, Draymond Green & Kelly Oubre.
I was about to say the same thing.
Peace through Tyranny

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
looks like Danny Ainge understands that a championship team needs some 'nasty' guys.

Teams will now think twice before knocking our stars down. We have some toughness with Marcus and Zizic coming in.