Author Topic: Welcome To Boston -Jayson Tatum  (Read 11786 times)

Re: Welcome To Boston -Jayson Tatum
« Reply #75 on: June 23, 2017, 11:15:38 AM »

Offline CelticGuardian

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • Blood. Sweat. & Tears.
I know you guys already have prewritten your opening and closing statements should this decision to draft Jayson Tatum is ever challenged... so I won't, instead I'll say this: he, Jayson Tatum, better be pretty darn good and what I mean by that is Ainge cannot afford Markelle Fultz to be anything more than a starter(Fultz wins an MVP, Tatum better [dang] have one under his belt ALREADY) and IN ADDITION Isaiah Thomas cannot fall off or decline in performance for the next 5 years . I don't even have to explain why this can't happen, hopefully you guys feel the same and care more about the team than the individuals involved with it. Always seems like we get too attached.
What if the LAL pick gets us #2 next year, and we get #1 with the BKN pick? (However unlikely that may be). Would that make it acceptable? Draft two out of Ayton/Porter/Bamba/Doncic, assuming those guys remain the consensus top guys.

The LA pick is in play so long as they don't win the lottery but to your point, whatever player gets taken he too needs to be better than this year's #1 and that would make the chance taken on Tatum(assuming he doesn't turn into Carmelo or PP 2.0, hopefully he does) something we can live with. I personally would not be happy losing out on an all star for two decent starters... just not how championships are won in the NBA. At least next year's draft the choices should make more sense because if there's a team that needs a dominant big is this one but it seems the Celtics have an entirely different idea of what make players good and what makes them valuable.

One day they would say one guy is not the best because his lack of explosiveness the next they pass up the more explosive player for a finesse player at the same position. I've given up at this point as to figuring out what the Celtics think qualifies as a stud player, they obviously are looking more at tools than context and in-game performance. Anyone with eyes would be able to tell you Josh Jackson is more capable and does more on the court than Tatum and Fultz is the most capable of being the go-to scorer of a team. I guess Tatum is sort of a middle ground between the two so maybe that is what they were thinking.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 11:21:52 AM by CelticGuardian »

« Reply #76 on: June 23, 2017, 11:48:48 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
apparently Tatum made 81 out of 100 3s

Impressive

« Reply #77 on: June 24, 2017, 12:08:46 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Semi and Jayson already know each other it looks like... both from pure sweat workout camp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gURfT9Q21oE