Author Topic: Clippers Offered DeAndre Jordan For #3. Celtics (Thankfully) Declined.  (Read 8057 times)

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
https://mobile.twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/877977488869031936?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

NBA Central
@TheNBACentral

The Clippers offered DeAndre Jordan to the Celtics for the #3 pick to draft Josh Jackson but Boston declined. (ESPN)

So I admittedly don't know if this is true, BUT I do believe the Clippers and Celtics have at least talked about the idea (preliminary talks).

But yeah that's ABSURD. DeAndre Jordan in no way is worth a Top-5 pick.

Horrible FT shooter, pure liability late in games (most of 4th quarters), and has an offensive game solely based on dunks. Pass.

Can rebound but THAT'S it. Not worth a Top-5 pick PLUS paying him that salary...
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 04:14:24 PM by Phantom255x »
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
Deandre can play defense.

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
His contract, no offense and can't play in the last 2 minutes of a game because he can't hit a free throw. He's not worth more than a mid first rounder!

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

Yeah actually you're right. I'm such an idiot lol.

Drummond can't and I confused him with Jordan.

Ugh it's been a long week haha.

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 467
He's Great in the State Farm commercial though.  Maybe he could do a spot for Jordan's Furniture if he gets traded here. 

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
He's Great in the State Farm commercial though.  Maybe he could do a spot for Jordan's Furniture if he gets traded here.

That's still not worth a Top-5 pick.

If we want actors, get Smart and Olynyk in there  :P

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Anyone want to reenact the phone conversation that doc and Danny had over this proposal? Lol

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Mainly close to the rim...he cant guard 1-3

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134
https://mobile.twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/877977488869031936?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

NBA Central
@TheNBACentral

The Clippers offered DeAndre Jordan to the Celtics for the #3 pick to draft Josh Jackson but Boston declined. (ESPN)

So I admittedly don't know if this is true, BUT I do believe the Clippers and Celtics have at least talked about the idea (preliminary talks).

Horrible FT shooter, pure liability late in games (most of 4th quarters), and has an offensive game solely based on dunks. Pass.

Can rebound but THAT'S it. Not worth a Top-5 pick PLUS paying him that salary...

He's one of the best centers in the league. He helps in two major issues. Rebounding and a defensive 5-man.

He'd be a great add

Offline the TRUTH

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 77
Can't blame the Clippers for trying, but I'd be shocked if Ainge even considered this deal. I would trade one of our own first round picks for Jordan, but wouldn't even think of trading the third overall pick.

Offline the TRUTH

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 77
Anyone want to reenact the phone conversation that doc and Danny had over this proposal? Lol

Ainge: "Call me when you're serious."

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141

NBA Central
@TheNBACentral

He's one of the best centers in the league. He helps in two major issues. Rebounding and a defensive 5-man.

He'd be a great add

He is very good defensively, and would plug up the middle. I think Red would do the deal, but the current generation small ball freaks are geared to more diverse players. Trouble is you need the ball to make small ball work. The Warriors have Green, and now KD, to do the dirty work on the boards. The Celtics have nobody.

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
too old now

can't shoot.

meh

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567

Sure

"Danny, we want to explore moving DeAndre Jordan. We're looking at your lottery pick."
*click*
"Hello? Danny?"
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
too old now

can't shoot.

meh

He averages more than double the rebounds of our best rebounder.

Don't think he's #3, but shooting isn't the only skill needed to succeed in the NBA.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman