Author Topic: Something tells me Jaylen is gone  (Read 6479 times)

Re: Something tells me Jaylen is gone
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2017, 05:16:56 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
It's possible Danny has decided to win now. They are close. That means anything can happen with the draft picks and young players like Brown.

This is how I feel. The very best general managers realize they can never rule out anything. If a deal comes along that improves our present and future, then Ainge has to make it no matter who is involved. I'd love to keep Brown, and I assume Ainge would as well, but he'd move him if the price is right.

I'd say th price would be higher than a draft pick, even a top 5. More than 2 possibles even, Brown has taken some lumps, but he has worked into the rotation on a 50 win team, and played into the ECF.  There's only so much value a pick can have, and not knowing how the dude would look on an NBA floor is a big limiting factor when comparing a pick to an actual young stud NBA player with impact potential.

« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2017, 05:37:29 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
I had a dream last night that Jaylen was traded and I was really upset about it.

He had a good rookie season, has shown a lot of potential, and has shown that he's willing to put in the work to reach that potential. If Hayward comes over, they can easily play together especially in today's NBA where versatile wings are what everyone wants.

Plus he's on that rookie contract for another 3 years. I doubt he's going anywhere.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2017, 05:40:40 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
I had a dream last night that Jaylen was traded and I was really upset about it.

He had a good rookie season, has shown a lot of potential, and has shown that he's willing to put in the work to reach that potential. If Hayward comes over, they can easily play together especially in today's NBA where versatile wings are what everyone wants.

Plus he's on that rookie contract for another 3 years. I doubt he's going anywhere.

Exactly. Every point spot on. Also I view Brown and Hayward as interchangeable at the 2/3, which would give us crazy size on the wing.
#JKJB

« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2017, 05:44:15 PM »

Offline fantankerous

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
I'd probably do #3 plus Brown for Zinger.  I wouldn't offer much more, however.

« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2017, 05:45:16 PM »

Offline BostonClamCrowdah

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 14
Brown is still a complete unknown, so crying about him possibly being traded for an established star is straight foolish

« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2017, 05:51:20 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509

Pretty favorable trade for the C's.  Barring injury, KP is the "known" in that trade of very young prospects.  Brown has promise, but who knows?  the #3 is a less known quantity than Brown.  I'd take the deal and smile knowing that the 2018 picks weren't touched.

« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2017, 05:52:50 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549

Pretty favorable trade for the C's.  Barring injury, KP is the "known" in that trade of very young prospects.  Brown has promise, but who knows?  the #3 is a less known quantity than Brown.  I'd take the deal and smile knowing that the 2018 picks weren't touched.

I love Brown, but I'd still probably do that. I would very much rather include the LA/SAC pick. if for no other reason then having to pay attention to LA/SAC the next couple of years is going to be agonizing.

« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2017, 05:57:44 PM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
The Knicks have asked for #3, Bkn '18, Jaylen Brown, and Jae Crowder in return for Porzingas.

I'd actually do that trade.  Essentially I think if you weigh the odds of Danny drafting one player of Porzingas' quality with a high lottery pick, you'll determine it to be less than 1/3 - so the math actually works in the Celtics' favor in that regard.

But then again, I don't have any faith that Ainge is able to differentiate between top talent.   I feel he all but admitted this by making the unheard of move of trading out of the #1 spot this year.  Some people think Ainge is a great drafter and will hope he holds onto these picks (despite the fact that he won't have roster space for all of them).

I think he's good at drafting late in drafts and identifying NBA role-players that are being underutilized. Jae Crowder is the type of guy Danny will find in a trade for peanuts every year or can identify in the draft. 

« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2017, 06:06:53 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
The Knicks have asked for #3, Bkn '18, Jaylen Brown, and Jae Crowder in return for Porzingas.

I'd actually do that trade.  Essentially I think if you weigh the odds of Danny drafting one player of Porzingas' quality with a high lottery pick, you'll determine it to be less than 1/3 - so the math actually works in the Celtics' favor in that regard.

But then again, I don't have any faith that Ainge is able to differentiate between top talent.   I feel he all but admitted this by making the unheard of move of trading out of the #1 spot this year.  Some people think Ainge is a great drafter and will hope he holds onto these picks (despite the fact that he won't have roster space for all of them).

I think he's good at drafting late in drafts and identifying NBA role-players that are being underutilized. Jae Crowder is the type of guy Danny will find in a trade for peanuts every year or can identify in the draft.

I think its ok w/out BKN 18. I'd drop that and add the recently added protected pick.

If they get Jaylen and Jae, I think NY would pick Fox.

« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2017, 06:27:25 PM »

Offline ThaPreacher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 174
  • THA PREACHER
Its hilarious to listen to everybody loving Jaylen Brown

but not understanding that If Hayward and Butler were to happen that both Brown and the Celtics would not need or want eachother respectively lol

That's not true. Jaylen would continue to come off the bench and develop. If we landed Butler, its going to come at a price-likely a combination of our starters (Crowder-AB) or bench (Smart-Rozier)
and picks.  Brown's role increases.
"Just do what you do best."  -Red Auerbach-

« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2017, 06:29:07 PM »

Offline mrceltics2013

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 15
Its hilarious to listen to everybody loving Jaylen Brown

but not understanding that If Hayward and Butler were to happen that both Brown and the Celtics would not need or want eachother respectively lol

That's not true. Jaylen would continue to come off the bench and develop. If we landed Butler, its going to come at a price-likely a combination of our starters (Crowder-AB) or bench (Smart-Rozier)
and picks.  Brown's role increases.

You don't draft top 5 picks to come off the bench.

« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2017, 07:20:41 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I could see Jaylen sliding over to SG.

There's a rumor we are discussing trading for the #7 and AB might be the price for that pick.

So if AB leaves, suddenly the 2 spot becomes open for Jaylen Brown to step into it.

« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2017, 07:29:28 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
brown is going nowhere.
LET'S GO CELTICS!