Author Topic: Pierce on Griffin leaving Cavs: "Lebron now needs a new assistant"  (Read 3237 times)

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
lol anyone see this on espn?

Re: Pierce on Griffin leaving Cavs: "Lebron now needs a new assistant"
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2017, 03:18:51 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I expect better analysis from the Captain.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2017, 09:36:52 PM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
Well if PP said it, I believe him.  I always thought LeBUM was the GM anyways.

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2017, 09:53:15 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
Lebron Has never really been taken to task by the national media for his teams' poor personnel decisions, which by many accounts he has had a big hand in.

Glad PP is at least saying something.

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2017, 09:55:58 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

Succinct, candid and refreshing........love it.

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2017, 10:06:38 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Eloquently stated Paul.....bravo !

no Bulter for LeWhine ......he still needs sum hep

If George lands in Laker land .    .......Bron an't hanging in Cleveland .....he can't beat GS , he is getting older and knows it.    Soul gots to leave .

Lebron and CP3 pack bags and join George .........

let it be written , let it be said. 

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2017, 10:07:41 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624

The amount of disrespect Griffin gets is embarrassing. He's an absolutely elite executive.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2017, 10:10:49 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Shallow and pandering, I'd say. As max215 said, Griffin was a very good and creative GM.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2017, 10:14:50 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624

Shallow and pandering, I'd say. As max215 said, Griffin was a very good and creative GM.

That's the key. He found so many creative ways to generate assets out of thin air. Just look to moves like the Delly S&T and Portland pick swap. LeBron is a smart guy, but it's so insulting to Griffin to suggest that LeBron is responsible for these small, yet brilliant moves.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2017, 10:18:21 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2943
  • On To Banner 18!
Anyone think Pierce is playing a small role in this offseason?

He said Celtics shouldn't draft Fultz, and should trade for an established star.

Most of us think he's being idiotic with that thinking. Fultz all day, right?

So they trade down, draft Tatum, and with the creative wiz of Danny could still trade for a star using future picks, or getting a rental in George.

Pierce was also VERY HIGH on Tatum to begin with.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2017, 10:30:25 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392

That's the key. He found so many creative ways to generate assets out of thin air. Just look to moves like the Delly S&T and Portland pick swap. LeBron is a smart guy, but it's so insulting to Griffin to suggest that LeBron is responsible for these small, yet brilliant moves.

I don't think it was a shot at Griffin, but more of a shot at Lebron. I didn't watch the clip but from the one phrase, it connotates that Lebron has way too much (undeserved) power in Cleveland.

- LilRip

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2017, 10:32:34 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

I don't think it was a shot at Griffin, but more of a shot at Lebron. I didn't watch the clip but from the one phrase, it connotates that Lebron has way too much (undeserved) power in Cleveland.

Then say that, rather than demeaning Griffin. Too much of sports "analysis" is saying dumb sound bites.

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2017, 10:50:27 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

Exactly how I took it too.....i didn't perceive this as a slap at Griffin but rather at James and Gilbert and how manipulative Bron Bron is (calling out Griffin in public for the need for moves, when he easily could have done it by a call to Gilbert) and how sickeningly deferential Gilbert has been to James.

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2017, 03:00:23 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544

Exactly how I took it too.....i didn't perceive this as a slap at Griffin but rather at James and Gilbert and how manipulative Bron Bron is (calling out Griffin in public for the need for moves, when he easily could have done it by a call to Gilbert) and how sickeningly deferential Gilbert has been to James.
James was calling out Gilbert not Griffin.  Gilbert was the one holding the purse strings.  he was the one preventing the moves James was talking about.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2017, 03:42:49 PM »

Offline RIPRED

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 63

Then say that, rather than demeaning Griffin. Too much of sports "analysis" is saying dumb sound bites.

Did you see the clip, Roy? This wasn't a hot take moment-he was having fun/joking. And I agree with other posters that this was more of a shot at Lebron than Griffin.