Author Topic: Celtics talk to Wolves about #7  (Read 10568 times)

Re: Celtics talk to Wolves about #7
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2017, 03:04:34 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
ESPN is saying the celtics are looking to get another pick to send to the knicks along with the #3 and a player for Porzingas. 

Seems like a lot for kristaps.  Two lottery picks and a player

As long as it doesn't involve brown/IT...go for it!

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2017, 03:05:03 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
Bradley or IT??

I mean, there have been rumors that Hayward doesn't wanna play with IT.

https://sports.yahoo.com/m/0dd04777-ab86-3860-bf14-c5d01f0b28fc/ss_gordon-hayward-has.html

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2017, 03:05:21 PM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 467
I could see Bradley and the Memphis pick being a fair deal for the 7 pick.  So the deal would essentially be 3, Bradley, Crowder and Memphis pick for Porzingis.  That is a lot and I would not do it.  Just draft a [dang] player at 3.  If you want to move Bradley for 7 and draft 2 players great.  You save some money and get another top player.  I'm great with that as well.  One of Bradley and Smart has to go.  Replace Bradley with Dennis Smith Jr and call it a day.

« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2017, 03:05:55 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 654
  • MASTER OF PANIC
i think danny actually likes dennis smith jr

But he cannot be the only thing you come out of this with. If so, massive failure to draft a 5th small guard

« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2017, 03:07:03 PM »

Offline BlackCeltic

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 64
I have a feeling this pick is not in the deal but for us to keep.

« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2017, 03:09:16 PM »

Offline mrceltics2013

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 15
He may be a small guard but how many playmarkers do we really have? Terry rozier and IT are our only players who can run point. And I question IT at times as he is a score first guard.

« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2017, 03:09:44 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I'm curious if this is just in case the Knicks want the pick for Porzingis, or if the Celtics would attempt to acquire 7 regardless.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2017, 03:10:20 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
ESPN is saying the celtics are looking to get another pick to send to the knicks along with the #3 and a player for Porzingas. 

that IS a lot for Porzingis.  Looking like #3, Crowder and then adding it whatever we need to trade to get a second lottery pick which seems to be AB and probably one of the future Clipper/Memphis picks.

That's a lot to give up --  our starting SF and SG, #3 and a future first.  IF we get Hayward, I could live with that provided we can adequately fill in our bench and Brown is really ready to be the starting SG next year. 
Potentially: IT, Brown, Hayward, Porzingis, Horford as the starters
Smart, Rozier, Zizic as the 'known' bench that wasn't sacrificed to sign Hayward.  that's really thin.  sure, there's room for Yabu and Nader then but they're unlikely to contribute if they're on the roster.  need some solid vets or that team will be lucky to win the Atlantic over Washington.

« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2017, 03:11:38 PM »

Offline Diggles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 46
I would love to trade out of this draft and somehow take a flyer on Harry Giles.    As long as it brings back a solid vet that can shoot and rebound.   
Diggles

« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2017, 03:12:24 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 654
  • MASTER OF PANIC
He may be a small guard but how many playmarkers do we really have? Terry rozier and IT are our only players who can run point. And I question IT at times as he is a score first guard.

IT
Bradley
Rozier
Smith
Smart

A third of your roster is 5 of the same players. This what Kevin O Conner said:

"His athleticism is impressive, but he doesn’t affect winning as a passer or defender, which makes him a high-risk lottery prospect."

« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2017, 03:15:30 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867
I could see Bradley and the Memphis pick being a fair deal for the 7 pick.  So the deal would essentially be 3, Bradley, Crowder and Memphis pick for Porzingis.  That is a lot and I would not do it.  Just draft a [dang] player at 3.  If you want to move Bradley for 7 and draft 2 players great.  You save some money and get another top player.  I'm great with that as well.  One of Bradley and Smart has to go.  Replace Bradley with Dennis Smith Jr and call it a day.

I agree with you on that trade but what if the player is Rozier and not Crowder?  Then the deal is #3, Rozier, [Avery, Memphis] (traded for another lottery pick).  Even that feels rich to me but I think I do it.  Brown has to step up and take meaningful minutes at SG.

« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2017, 03:19:49 PM »

Offline Diggles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 46
More minutes for Brown = good thing.    Bradley, Smart and Rozier all take away from him getting 30 a game.   Plus moving Crowder would open up a few at SF.   

We need a solid 8 man rotation plus a couple specialty guys like JJ to spot play when needed. 
Diggles

« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2017, 03:21:43 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033

I agree with you on that trade but what if the player is Rozier and not Crowder?  Then the deal is #3, Rozier, [Avery, Memphis] (traded for another lottery pick).  Even that feels rich to me but I think I do it.  Brown has to step up and take meaningful minutes at SG.

What's interesting to me about this, is that we're freeing up about $15M in cap room. We could end up getting KO back, or a pretty decent vet that wasn't previously possible.

« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2017, 03:23:06 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549

I'd do Avery, Crowder, #3 and Memphis pick in about half a second, and I'm not even that high on KP. At some point we cant retain every player on the roster and make all these picks, so if we can consulate a bunch of solid assets for a good asset I'm all in, especially if we can then sign Hayward.

« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2017, 03:25:07 PM »

Offline Valid

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27

It depends who that player is. If it's Jae Crowder, I'm all for it.

We are talking about a 21-year-old who is 7'3" and can play inside and out on the offensive end and anchor a defense on the other side.

Guys like Porzingis come around once in a blue moon.

That being said, if it also costs Jaylen Brown as well as those two picks (and whatever we trade to get the second pick), then I'm out.