Author Topic: So it has to be Jackson at 3 right?  (Read 9168 times)

Re: So it has to be Jackson at 3 right?
« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2017, 05:43:06 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
It will be tatum and it will be a miss.   Ainge's streak of drafting one all star continues.
care to support this assertion and explain why tatum will miss? aside from attributing it to a general dislike of ainge of course.

Mostly its because I think Duke players suck.   Something in their DNA and the type of person coach K recruits is soft.   Kyries good,  but he's the exception and he's still soft. 

Also,  and most importantly,  I don't think someone with Tatum's lack of physical freakishness will never be a super star.   Especially at that position.    Jackson is the third best prospect in the draft.  And he might be the best.  Stop overthinking this thing.

This is my thinking. But Danny will pick Tatum.
If he doesn't, this is the biggest con job in history.

« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2017, 05:44:09 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
Hoping his trade value tips the scales and we select him. And if trade later falls through, we still have a terrific player with tremendous BBIQ who will contribute serious minutes out of the gate.

Brad will love him.

This is my line of thinking. We probably can't lose if we pick Jackson. Worst case scenario we have a hustle hyper athletic  6'8 wing with average length, who can guard multiple positions, pass well above average for his position, and can't shoot.

If he develops a shot, and hits his peak, he is probably a better Andre Igoudala.
#JKJB

« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2017, 05:44:30 PM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
i fully expect him to trade down again and take Smith ,because I never would.

he does exactly the opposite of ANytHInG I would do .....always

So Id took Fultz, then Jackson , then Tatum   Issac .....or traded the pick for a star.....Zinger , PG ,ect.

He'll Do NONE of the above. ...he ll do some off the wall ...trade ...get another KO, JJJ, Sully , Fab Melo ......blow th deal......when its sooooo easy to do the correct thing.

KO at 13 was actually a pretty good pick,  just for the record.

Giannis Antetokounpo disagrees with you.

« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2017, 05:45:23 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
It will be tatum and it will be a miss.   Ainge's streak of drafting one all star continues.
care to support this assertion and explain why tatum will miss? aside from attributing it to a general dislike of ainge of course.

Mostly its because I think Duke players suck.   Something in their DNA and the type of person coach K recruits is soft.   Kyries good,  but he's the exception and he's still soft. 

Also,  and most importantly,  I don't think someone with Tatum's lack of physical freakishness will never be a super star.   Especially at that position.    Jackson is the third best prospect in the draft.  And he might be the best.  Stop overthinking this thing.

What 'physical freakishness'?

Jackson is very athletic,  that's not a huge deal.  Every year there are tons of hyper athletic young prospects who amount to nothing at all, and outside of his run / jump athleticism the rest of Jackson's physical attributes are mostly average to mediocre.

jackson, mediocre?  ****.      san antonio is trying to get up in the draft to take him now.   whats that tell you?

tatum just isn't a good enough athlete to ever be a superstar,  that's why  I don't like him at this pick.

I said his physical attributes overall are average to mediocre.  Physically he's basically Jimmy Butler without the muscle/strength.

Saying Tatum isn't a good enough athlete to ever be a superstar is an incredibly stupid thing to say.  Just ask Carmelo Anthony, Larry Bird and Paul Pierce - three of the greatest scorers this league has ever seen.

« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2017, 05:47:52 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522
Ainge will take whichever player he likes better.   Obviously, if a trade is in place and he is picking for another team, that will take precedence.  The selection of Jackson will not signify that a trade is in place as Danny could genuinely think JJ is the better prospect.  But if no trade is in place he definitely takes the player highest on his board.

« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2017, 05:48:13 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
Just heard a soundcloud discussion program. One guy has Jackson going to Lakers for George, another guy had Jackson going to Celtics, another guy had Celtics trading 3 pick. There was talk of the Celtics drafting Isaacs after dealing for the 5 and 10. Reaction to Tatum? "Blah".

The Lakers situation is as confusing as the Celtics.Lots of handwringing if they don't take Ball. Jackson to trade for George? Now I hear Fox is their pick.

« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2017, 05:48:15 PM »

Offline The Oracle

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 597
With the market the way it is if the Celtics want to draft anyone other than Jackson at #3 they should then trade down and still get their guy.

« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2017, 05:51:11 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Anticipating the Celtics to pick Josh "the cat" Jackson

Please?  ;D

https://youtu.be/xH1XD5gToFI
https://youtu.be/rzszweEvzMA

« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2017, 05:53:34 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo

So Id took Fultz, then Jackson , then Tatum   Issac .....or traded the pick for a star.....Zinger , PG ,ect.

He'll Do NONE of the above. ...he ll do some off the wall ...trade ...get another KO, JJJ, Sully , Fab Melo ......blow th deal......when its sooooo easy to do the correct thing.

Give it up,  seriously.

If you're going to say KO was a poor pick because he didn't take Giannis, then you can go right ahead and say that about 27 or so of the GMs in the nba did they job poorly because they didn't draft Isaiah Thomas.

Kelly Olynyk was ttaken at 13 in the one the worst drafts in NBA history, and he had a big part in helping his team make the ECF this year with his excellent play in the playoffs. You can't say that about many (perhaps any) of the other guys taken in the top 13 of that draft. He's no star, but he's a legitimate starting calibre two-way player and one of the most skilled seven footers in the nba right now - really only held back by his lack of physical tools and his overly polite personality - if not for those factors he could be a star.

Most GMs struggle to pull a player of KOs calibre at 13 in a stacked draft,  let alone a draft as terrible as that one was.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 05:58:41 PM by crimson_stallion »

« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2017, 05:56:06 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54

So does Rudy Gobert...
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2017, 05:59:21 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo

So does Rudy Gobert...

Neither of those guys disagree with me.

I didn't say if was a home-run pick, a mindblowing great pick, or the best possible pick.  I said it was a 'pretty good' pick.

I'd love to hear you justify otherwise.

« Reply #56 on: June 22, 2017, 06:01:29 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
I like Tatum, I like Fox, I like Isaac.  I think they'll all turn into very good players.  But I think Jackson has the higher ceiling and also has a solid floor since you can be positive at least his defense will translate.  I think he's the right pick.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #57 on: June 22, 2017, 06:07:24 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

Give it up,  seriously.

If you're going to say KO was a poor pick because he didn't take Giannis, then you can go right ahead and say that about 27 or so of the GMs in the nba did they job poorly because they didn't draft Isaiah Thomas.

Kelly Olynyk was ttaken at 13 in the one the worst drafts in NBA history, and he had a big part in helping his team make the ECF this year with his excellent play in the playoffs. You can't say that about many (perhaps any) of the other guys taken in the top 13 of that draft. He's no star, but he's a legitimate starting calibre two-way player and one of the most skilled seven footers in the nba right now - really only held back by his lack of physical tools and his overly polite personality - if not for those factors he could be a star.

Most GMs struggle to pull a player of KOs calibre at 13 in a stacked draft,  let alone a draft as terrible as that one was.

'13 was not a terrible draft.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #58 on: June 22, 2017, 06:08:53 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I'm hoping for Jackson. 

DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #59 on: June 22, 2017, 06:14:54 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Hoping his trade value tips the scales and we select him. And if trade later falls through, we still have a terrific player with tremendous BBIQ who will contribute serious minutes out of the gate.

Brad will love him.

This is my line of thinking. We probably can't lose if we pick Jackson. Worst case scenario we have a hustle hyper athletic  6'8 wing with average length, who can guard multiple positions, pass well above average for his position, and can't shoot.

If he develops a shot, and hits his peak, he is probably a better Andre Igoudala.

Isn't anyone else sick of this being a qualifier for every player we draft?
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman