Author Topic: So it has to be Jackson at 3 right?  (Read 9097 times)

Re: So it has to be Jackson at 3 right?
« Reply #60 on: June 22, 2017, 06:16:47 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Anticipating the Celtics to pick Josh "the cat" Jackson

Please?  ;D

https://youtu.be/xH1XD5gToFI
https://youtu.be/rzszweEvzMA

For your sake I hope they do. Afraid it is not Jackson you might not make it...

« Reply #61 on: June 22, 2017, 06:23:53 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Hoping his trade value tips the scales and we select him. And if trade later falls through, we still have a terrific player with tremendous BBIQ who will contribute serious minutes out of the gate.

Brad will love him.

This is my line of thinking. We probably can't lose if we pick Jackson. Worst case scenario we have a hustle hyper athletic  6'8 wing with average length, who can guard multiple positions, pass well above average for his position, and can't shoot.

If he develops a shot, and hits his peak, he is probably a better Andre Igoudala.

Isn't anyone else sick of this being a qualifier for every player we draft?
It wasn't for yabusele. Please don't be so selective with your memory.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #62 on: June 22, 2017, 06:27:02 PM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
Jackson's mom is named Apples Jones.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 06:35:53 PM by Chief Macho »

« Reply #63 on: June 22, 2017, 06:36:16 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Ainge will take whichever player he likes better.   Obviously, if a trade is in place and he is picking for another team, that will take precedence.  The selection of Jackson will not signify that a trade is in place as Danny could genuinely think JJ is the better prospect.  But if no trade is in place he definitely takes the player highest on his board.

What if PHX has deal with Knicks contingent on taking Jackson. Why can't Danny take Jackson as leverage, especially if he values him the same as Tatum?

« Reply #64 on: June 22, 2017, 06:39:27 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Hoping his trade value tips the scales and we select him. And if trade later falls through, we still have a terrific player with tremendous BBIQ who will contribute serious minutes out of the gate.

Brad will love him.

This is my line of thinking. We probably can't lose if we pick Jackson. Worst case scenario we have a hustle hyper athletic  6'8 wing with average length, who can guard multiple positions, pass well above average for his position, and can't shoot.

If he develops a shot, and hits his peak, he is probably a better Andre Igoudala.

Yabusele? That's your rebuttal? Without really thinking about it:

Jaylen Brown
Marcus Smart
Terry Rozier
Jared Sullinger (He could be Kevin Love-lite)
Avery Bradley (although this one has worked out)

The lone exception here is Kelly freakin' Olynyk. Ainge has a fixation on "intangibles" guys who can't shoot.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #65 on: June 22, 2017, 06:46:05 PM »

Online GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031

Brad will love him.

Jaylen Brown
Marcus Smart
Terry Rozier

The lone exception here is Kelly freakin' Olynyk. Ainge has a fixation on "intangibles" guys who can't shoot.

Well I think the fascination is in that you can teach a guy how to shoot. That's one of the easiest facets to improve.

It hasn't worked out with a few, but some have learned to shoot. I believe Jaylen will be a good shooter. Avery became one.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #66 on: June 22, 2017, 06:48:26 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
Why is no one talking about the possibility that LAL picks Jackson at 2?  It appears to be a foregone conclusion that the Lakers will pick Ball, but I haven't heard anything attributed the Lakers that indicates he is their choice.  May have missed it.

« Reply #67 on: June 22, 2017, 06:49:04 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Brad will love him.

Jaylen Brown
Marcus Smart
Terry Rozier

Well I think the fascination is in that you can teach a guy how to shoot. That's one of the easiest facets to improve.

also forgot to add Rondo to that list.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #68 on: June 22, 2017, 06:50:50 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Looking more and more like Tatum

« Reply #69 on: June 22, 2017, 06:52:10 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033

Brad will love him.

Jaylen Brown
Marcus Smart
Terry Rozier

I don't disagree per se, but KO and Young were both considered shooters. So was RJ Hunter. Brown shot the lights out in his workout. MarShon Brooks was taken for his shooting/scoring. Delonte West was a shooter. DJax shot 38% from deep in this college career.

Point being, circumstances play a big role here, too. Was there a shooter worth taking when we chose Sullinger with a late 1st? Should we have taken Stauskas or McDermott over Smart? Those were the next two shooters on the board.

« Reply #70 on: June 22, 2017, 06:54:00 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033

Brad will love him.

Jaylen Brown
Marcus Smart
Terry Rozier

also forgot to add Rondo to that list.

We picked Rondo 21st, with a pick we bought from Phoenix. If anything, this suggests that Danny is brilliant at finding underrated players due to their shooting woes.

« Reply #71 on: June 22, 2017, 07:05:00 PM »

Offline MaxAMillion

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 16
Jabari Parker...I mean Jayson Tatum is coming and I look forward to the offense. Parker was averaging 20 and 6 this year with top 25 type player efficiency. I will take that any day.