Author Topic: So it has to be Jackson at 3 right?  (Read 9096 times)

Re: So it has to be Jackson at 3 right?
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2017, 05:07:01 PM »

Offline the TRUTH

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 77
It will be tatum and it will be a miss.   Ainge's streak of drafting one all star continues.

Ainge has had some bad draft misses, to be sure, but he hasn't had the opportunity to draft this high yet (if we believe that whoever he picks tonight will be who he would've taken first). If we make this pick and miss on it, then Ainge will deserve any criticism he gets.

« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2017, 05:10:01 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
No, you don't draft a guy just in the hope that you can get a move trade for him later.   

If no trade happens prior to selecting at #3, then I imagine Boston will select under the assumption they're keeping the pick - Tatum probably.

« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2017, 05:13:00 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Should be interesting tonight for sure.

« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2017, 05:13:05 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
i fully expect him to trade down again and take Smith ,because I never would.

he does exactly the opposite of ANytHInG I would do .....always

So Id took Fultz, then Jackson , then Tatum   Issac .....or traded the pick for a star.....Zinger , PG ,ect.

He'll Do NONE of the above. ...he ll do some off the wall ...trade ...get another KO, JJJ, Sully , Fab Melo ......blow th deal......when its sooooo easy to do the correct thing.

KO at 13 was actually a pretty good pick,  just for the record.   

« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2017, 05:14:11 PM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
It will be tatum and it will be a miss.   Ainge's streak of drafting one all star continues.
care to support this assertion and explain why tatum will miss? aside from attributing it to a general dislike of ainge of course.

Mostly its because I think Duke players suck.   Something in their DNA and the type of person coach K recruits is soft.   Kyries good,  but he's the exception and he's still soft. 

Also,  and most importantly,  I don't think someone with Tatum's lack of physical freakishness will never be a super star.   Especially at that position.    Jackson is the third best prospect in the draft.  And he might be the best.  Stop overthinking this thing.

« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2017, 05:23:55 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
With everything we're hearing we HAVE to take Josh Jackson at 3 right? Even if there are no deals agreed to before we're on the clock, we select Jackson we have all the leverage in future trades.

This is different than last year because I don't think Danny ever wanted Dunn. Jackson is someone that will fit into what we're trying to do, and someone we've been rumored to want. Dunn wasn't.

What are thoughts on this?

Only if it is a draft night trade.

I could easily see Ainge drafting Smith, for example, then draft and stash Euro players w second round picks. Then crickets. Except on Cblog which will be livid with anger for all the trades not consummated.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2017, 05:30:29 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Smith and two euro guys nobody in the US has heard of ......yup about right .

oh we .....never have enough ....mini guards ....

« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2017, 05:31:38 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I'd take him as a trade chip, absolutely.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2017, 05:34:06 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Jackson wearing the same color of suit as Brown wore last year....hmmmm

« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2017, 05:34:54 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120

I'm just trying to set my expectations appropriately.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2017, 05:37:20 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
care to support this assertion and explain why tatum will miss? aside from attributing it to a general dislike of ainge of course.

Mostly its because I think Duke players suck.   Something in their DNA and the type of person coach K recruits is soft.   Kyries good,  but he's the exception and he's still soft. 

Also,  and most importantly,  I don't think someone with Tatum's lack of physical freakishness will never be a super star.   Especially at that position.    Jackson is the third best prospect in the draft.  And he might be the best.  Stop overthinking this thing.

What 'physical freakishness'?

Jackson is very athletic,  that's not a huge deal.  Every year there are tons of hyper athletic young prospects who amount to nothing at all, and outside of his run / jump athleticism the rest of Jackson's physical attributes are mostly average to mediocre.

Man Jackson seriously has got to be the most physically overrated prospect in the history of the draft.  Andrew Wiggins, Jaylen Brown and even Aaron Gordon all had vastly superior physical profiles compared to Jackson.  People really need to calm down.

« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2017, 05:39:29 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • MASTER OF PANIC

This would be disappointing to move down from three just to pick another small guard that struggles on defense and more future picks

« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2017, 05:39:31 PM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84

What 'physical freakishness'?

Jackson is very athletic,  that's not a huge deal.  Every year there are tons of hyper athletic young prospects who amount to nothing at all, and outside of his run / jump athleticism the rest of Jackson's physical attributes are mostly average to mediocre.

jackson, mediocre?  ****.      san antonio is trying to get up in the draft to take him now.   whats that tell you?

tatum just isn't a good enough athlete to ever be a superstar,  that's why  I don't like him at this pick.   

« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2017, 05:40:49 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Hoping his trade value tips the scales and we select him. And if trade later falls through, we still have a terrific player with tremendous BBIQ who will contribute serious minutes out of the gate.

Brad will love him.

« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2017, 05:42:03 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Tatum is an iso player...Jackson you don't have to run anything for him. Take Jackson