Author Topic: Update: C's make strong offer for PG13 (weei)  (Read 7853 times)

Re: Update: C's make strong offer for PG13 (weei)
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2017, 02:07:22 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
All-in. This is why you get SO many picks.

#3 + MEM19 for Porzingis
Sign Hayward
LAL18/SAC19 + Bradley, Crowder, Rozier for George

Now we're at:

IT/ Hayward/ George/ Porzingis/ Horford
bench: DJax, Smart, Brown, Theis, Yabusele, Zizic, #37

...and we still have the Brooklyn pick next year & no Bradley to re-sign.

I still don't see how we pay everyone next summer, but [dang], not my money. That's a team that would win a *championship* and then get the #1 pick.
You traded Zizic.
Also would have an astronomical team salary next year.

« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2017, 02:09:17 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Update
Could the Celtics be in on Paul George?

According to NBA insider Sam Amico, the Pacers were going through many trade offers on the table for Paul George as of Wednesday night and apparently a good number of teams have put in offers for the forward. The Cavs, Lakers and Celtics were said to have put together the strongest package for him.

It would appear any package the Celtics were to offer for George would include the No. 3 overall pick

ESPN Cleveland: Windy on George/Butler: “Nope. Not happening. The Cavs were not generating enough trade interest in Kevin Love.” – via Twitter ESPNCleveland

Danny already turned down Butler for #3. If he want George, he is there for the taking, at probably the lowest value he will ever be.

Getting George also helps bigly with the Lakers pick as you all know.

He has to do this, especially if he has word that he will extend, or is confident he can be convinced

Getting excited....

Sam Amico....really??

Danny is not trading for PG13... Not for Brown or 2017 3rd

« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2017, 02:11:15 PM »

Offline coffee425

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122

#3 + LAC19 + MEM19 for Porzingis
Sign Hayward

Now we're at:

I still don't see how we pay everyone next summer, but [dang], not my money. That's a team that would win a *championship* and then get the #1 pick.

I feel like we broke the salary cap in this scenario, but i have no idea if i'm right.
Even at the end of the game, we lined up in different formation that he hadn't seen and he called out our play before I got the ball. I heard him calling it out. -John Wall on Brad Stevens

« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2017, 02:13:01 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Pg13 has said he is going to sign with LA next season

Only way to break this is to trade for him...take a risk..he grows with a team and doesnt want to leave...hell of a risk and alot to give up for a potential 1 year rental

« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2017, 02:17:56 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Sign him just to keep him away from LA is a stupid reason. To sign him long term to build a contender = good reason! ;)

« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2017, 02:20:40 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Sign him just to keep him away from LA is a stupid reason. To sign him long term to build a contender = good reason! ;)

You would have both though. It helps our Lakers pick a lot actually.

« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2017, 02:22:11 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
well in my thinking the whole whoop la for drafting Ball is based on George coming too.

Taking George would drive a stake straight though the heart of Magic, Lakerland and all the rest of the weirds who live out there.

That means for Magic .....no way to get Lebron , no way to compete with GS , Spurs or even Clippers for 3 -5 years .   Lakers will always be a 35-45 win team, unable to put a team on the floor to contend ..

Do it Danny .... ;D

« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2017, 02:22:29 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
Wouldn't getting PG now before free agency complicate us having max cap space?  It seems like it would have to happen after we sign our big fish in FA.

Something like trade Crowder to create max cap space.
Sign Griffin.
Sign and trade Kelly and 3rd pick for George.  You could sign Kelly to a nice 17 mil roughly contract to make the numbers work. 

I can't think of another way to get both a max player and George.  I think it would have be later on in July? If it doesn't work I'd rather just go after a max free agent and forget about George.

« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2017, 02:23:07 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
signing him to that extension is the key to making the deal.  no extension, no trade. 

« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2017, 02:25:34 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182

You would have both though. It helps our Lakers pick a lot actually.

We don't have to take that Laker pick and if were to trade the #3 pick for PG you just lost a pick to try to save a potential pick. Sounds like bad business to me.

« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2017, 02:28:15 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Put the screw to the Lakers hetting Lebron , CP3 , Wade and PG on the same team.

« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2017, 02:32:40 PM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 467
Giving up #3 for a guy on a one year deal would be borderline insane. ainge simply cannot do that.

I absolutely agree.  The only way this would be a deal That would make sense is if George put us over the top to win a championship.  If he was our KD making our team a heavy favorite.  There is no reason to trade a pick for any player that may be a 1 year, 2 year or even 4 year rental when the young player could be cheap for 8-10 years and potentially grow into an all star player.  There is no reason that this has been floated out there other then to get the Lakers to pony up the 2 pick so the Pacers can draft Josh Jackson.

« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2017, 02:40:22 PM »

Offline heyvik

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 75
Put the screw to the Lakers hetting Lebron , CP3 , Wade and PG on the same team.

Whose to say PG doesn't bolt in a year.

« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2017, 02:47:16 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307
I could be wrong, but I don't think that PG can sign an extension and be traded, and even if he could sign an extension, would be severely limited in the raise he could get. Larry Coon's faq says that a player cannot be extended and traded in the last year of his deal, or what could be the last year of his deal.

So if we can't get PG under contract before or at the time of an Indy deal, we'd be dealing for him on blind faith.

We're giving up a #3 overall pick for a guy who has been telling anyone who would listen that he wants to go to LA a year from now. The same time when Lebron will be free to go to LA with him.

ainge can't do it. The minute he does the deal, he has no leverage, no anything with PG. Would be almost as dumb as NJ giving us those picks to begin with.

« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2017, 03:05:27 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033

#3 + MEM19 for Porzingis
Sign Hayward

Now we're at:

You traded Zizic.
Also would have an astronomical team salary next year.

Yup, my bad. I posted too fast and kept editing.

I agree about the crazy salary implications, although 4 max guys plus all reasonable salaries might be tenable for a year or two. Luxury line is about $120M and we'd be fighting to stay under $150M.

Maybe if the "Big 4" start taking small paycuts, or we accept that IT is gone next summer and Smart is getting the keys.