Author Topic: All-in on George and Porzingis  (Read 1426 times)

All-in on George and Porzingis
« on: June 22, 2017, 12:31:33 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
We've been waiting for that moment when a superstar or potential superstar became available for a reasonable price. Is it time to strike now? If the reports in the media are correct, then we have the assets to get both George and Porzingis without gutting the team.

An offer of Lakers '18, Zeller for George and an offer of #3, Crowder, Rozier, Celtics '18, Clippers '19 for Porzingis.

Leaves a potential roster:

Thomas/Smart
Bradley/Green
George/Brown
Porzingis/Olynyk
Horford/Zizic

Though that would get expensive as of next year with the extensions of Thomas, Smart and Bradley. Trading Bradley or Smart in stead of Rozier will give you some relief for only a year. Signing Thomas for a big pay cut or trading Horford would be more of a solution, though unlikely. Letting Thomas or George walk undermines the whole purpose of trading for George in the first place.

Re: All-in on George and Porzingis
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2017, 12:34:24 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
I don't see any way that Indy would trade PG13 for the Lakers pick plus Zeller? I would do it if we get Zinger but there's no way they are biting on that one.

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2017, 12:39:14 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
If you throw in a player like Zeller, you have to match salaries now.  It would have to be like Zeller, Mickey, D Jackson and Smart

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2017, 12:40:56 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307
I don't see any way that Indy would trade PG13 for the Lakers pick plus Zeller? I would do it if we get Zinger but there's no way they are biting on that one.
Why would we give them a pick as potentially good as the Laker pick? No one else is going to offer anything that close to that, and the Pacers have to dump PG. He's already told everyone he's leaving.

The Lakers themselves have nothing really to offer other than the #2 pick, and no way they're giving that.

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2017, 12:51:23 PM »

Offline dysgenic

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27
I don't like the idea of trading for George while there is still an opportunity to get Hayward without giving up assets.  That's not smart team building in my book.

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2017, 03:39:02 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
From the parameters being discussed in deals for Porzingis and George, it's impossible to get both.

It is possible to get one and sign a FA, especially Porzingis who is cheaper salary wise, but not as good a player as George.