Author Topic: SI Final Mock - Isaac at 3  (Read 5218 times)

Re: SI Final Mock - Isaac at 3
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2017, 01:01:05 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867
SAC ends up with Fox and Markkanen by this mock.  I like that better than Issac.  Not sure SAC would do it but assuming SI is right (which they probably are not), how about a trade of #3 plus Memphis pick for #5 and #10 and end up with Issac (or maybe Tatum who many like better) and Markkanen.  SAC would have to be in love with Jackson for this to work and it would depend on who PHO picked (a lot of "ifs") but this is not all that much of a stretch.

If we have Markkanen, then we don't have to worry about trading for Porzingis.  Who knows, Markkanen may be an only slightly poor man's version of Porzingis but without back and knee concerns that keep being brought up.  I used to live in Helsinki so I admit, I am partial to the Finnish big man, but if Issac is Danny's guy (who knows), you could make this trade and get the Suomalainen isomies as a bonus.

Markanen doesn't come close to matching Porzingis skill set.

So you wouldn't rather have Markkanen and Issac over just Issac (and the Memphis pick)?  Seems like you missed the point on this or just elected focus on a relatively unimportant detail of the scenario I outlined.