Author Topic: Anyone else preparing for no fireworks?  (Read 6919 times)

Re: Anyone else preparing for no fireworks?
« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2017, 12:41:25 PM »

Offline Fireworks_Boom!

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
Absolutely not...look at my screenname! Fireworks go Boom!

Bring me the Unicorn!!

« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2017, 12:41:27 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Right here... Hoping Celts select action Jacskon

« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2017, 12:41:42 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
I think a toss up between Jackson and Tatum. Jackson has edge due to trade value, Tatum because he hasn't dissed us.

Danny not a sentimental guy, so I say he takes Jackson.

« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2017, 12:45:33 PM »

Offline jade88

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 20

« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2017, 12:47:24 PM »

Offline acieEarl

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 47
Can't see it being as quiet as last year. Even if Danny sticks with the 3rd pick and drafts Tatum (or Jackson) he's gotta move those 2nd round picks (how about the 3 second round picks for a late first round). I would bet that a couple guys on the roster get moved as well.

« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2017, 12:47:56 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
LOL

we have already had OUR fireworks ....bunch of ingrats ...LOL

Danny " Killjoy Ainge ". stab us in the heart and traded our #1 pick

Thats all the sparklers for this blog !  :D

« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2017, 12:52:24 PM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
Can't see it being as quiet as last year. Even if Danny sticks with the 3rd pick and drafts Tatum (or Jackson) he's gotta move those 2nd round picks (how about the 3 second round picks for a late first round). I would bet that a couple guys on the roster get moved as well.

Late first round picks are less valuable then early 2nd round picks due to being almost no difference in talent but a big difference in money.

« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2017, 12:57:14 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1553
LOL

we have already had OUR fireworks ....bunch of ingrats ...LOL

Danny " Killjoy Ainge ". stab us in the heart and traded our #1 pick

Thats all the sparklers for this blog !  :D

expect the unexpected from DA!!!!!!!!!! r u ready??
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2017, 12:59:17 PM »

Offline acieEarl

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 47

Late first round picks are less valuable then early 2nd round picks due to being almost no difference in talent but a big difference in money.

I hear ya on the money situation but if someone the Cs are targeting, slips to later in the draft (maybe Giles) it would be worth the gamble, if not we'd have to ship all these guys overseas.

« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2017, 01:03:00 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1553
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2017, 01:23:39 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Right here... Hoping Celts select action Jacskon

Love reading that, it's my old mans nickname!  ;D

« Reply #56 on: June 22, 2017, 01:29:16 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
It's pretty demoralizing. All of these All-Stars and even All-NBA caliber players available and we probably won't trade for a single one of them. I was hoping these BK picks combined with the fortune of getting IT4 and signing Horford wold vault us back into the mix quickly. Instead Ainge wants to build two timelines. I'm ready to get back to the ECF with a loaded team, if we can get two top flight stars this summer.... you do it. Ainge has made this too complicated.

Live in the present man, George to a 53 win team is a no brainer. Ditto for Butler. Griffin plus one of these two and we're title contenders.

and.............getting one or two of those guys is no guarantee we win a title either. he is trying to improve us now and still have a core for the future. going all in now is just plain stupid when you have two super teams to beat to do it. we are NOT mortgaging our future for a small window.

Banking on Tatum or Jackson to be as good as Butler or George and help Thomas and Horford get into the Finals with a shot to win, bad idea. George or Butler immediately not only give us a shot at beating Cleveland, but they make it more attractive for Griffin.

Again if you add one Butler/George and then get Griffin, that is an explosive team. I would love to see GS with that much firepower.

This is where I'm at as well.

people forget brown and next years picks.  that team is no guarantee we get past cleveland much less GS. smaller window than with the kids IF we can even keep that team together.

My problem is that i don't see a superstar coming on our roster. Our kids our blue collar guys, with good motors, who try really hard. That's great, but you can high octane offense to even have a chance. Now of course you need defense, but without offense it's futile.

Jaylen Brown, Marcus Smart, even Josh Jackson, is not going to give us 20 ppg anytime soon. Tatum is the best bet, but that is IF he can play the NBA game at that level. He could be Jabari, solid at best.

Even these guys max ceilings don't do much for me. When you win 53 games with a star like Thomas and a ver good player like Horford, you want more.... and you want it now.

If Jaylen's ceiling is Butler/George and you can't ask for more than that, and if Tatum's is Hayward or something, i'd rather just have both of these players now when they can help Thomas.

My problem is I don't seen Danny being able to add 2 all-stars to the roster. I think people are delusional with that fantasy. Once you trade for one you have to get rid of so much more salary to sign a free agent it would just gut the team. My other problem with it is I'm not a believer in the idea IT and Horford spring board us to that level. The stars you bring in have to be better than them, just doesn't seem realistic to me. But it sounds nice!

« Reply #57 on: June 22, 2017, 01:33:47 PM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
I'm getting the feeling that Draft Night is a charade.  Even IF the C's make a trade we may not know about it for weeks.

« Reply #58 on: June 22, 2017, 06:06:37 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
I think nothing will happen. most trades that happen are the ones ya don't hear about... well we've heard just about everything leading up to this draft.

« Reply #59 on: June 22, 2017, 06:08:38 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Im ready for twp players i never heard of and Dennis Smith

why would I be disappointed trading Fultz for all that  ???