Author Topic: Anyone else preparing for no fireworks?  (Read 6865 times)

Re: Anyone else preparing for no fireworks?
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2017, 11:14:52 AM »

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286
I'd be perfectly happy if the Celtics draft Tatum at 3 and call it a night.

« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2017, 11:23:32 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 638
  • MASTER OF PANIC
The fireworks are going to come when Boston has to trade someone to get space for Hayward. Someone on the roster...Crowder, Bradly or Smart has to be traded.

« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2017, 11:25:48 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1551
The fireworks are going to come when Boston has to trade someone to get space for Hayward. Someone on the roster...Crowder, Bradly or Smart has to be traded.

fine by me. i would LIKE to keep one of Ab or MS based on defense. but whatever happens, happens. crowder can hit the road.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2017, 11:26:47 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
I'm not sure what fireworks means?

Neither do I. They're kind of like ****: Don't know how to define them, but I know them when I see them.

Mike

« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2017, 11:28:19 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 638
  • MASTER OF PANIC
My biggest fear is Ainge trades down out of the first round or out of the top 5 for more "future protected" picks.

Make the third pick or trade it for a star. I do not want Dennis Smith.

« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2017, 11:35:56 AM »

Offline jade88

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 20
It's pretty demoralizing. All of these All-Stars and even All-NBA caliber players available and we probably won't trade for a single one of them. I was hoping these BK picks combined with the fortune of getting IT4 and signing Horford wold vault us back into the mix quickly. Instead Ainge wants to build two timelines. I'm ready to get back to the ECF with a loaded team, if we can get two top flight stars this summer.... you do it. Ainge has made this too complicated.

Live in the present man, George to a 53 win team is a no brainer. Ditto for Butler. Griffin plus one of these two and we're title contenders.

« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2017, 11:36:52 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Of course. 

Boston traded #1 when I had fallen in love with Fultz being here, and my heart sunk.

Now there are talks of Jimmy Butler, Paul George, Blake Griffin, etc.  And on top of that even if they don't happen, as a worst case you have Jayson Tatum available at #3 - couldn't be happier.

Which means, of course, that something will change.  Danny will do something like trade down in the draft and take some nobody...or trade #3 for some player nowhere near good enough to be worthy of it...he'll do something to break my heart, he always does.

So something will happen.

« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2017, 11:40:19 AM »

• Dennis Johnson
My biggest fear is Ainge trades down out of the first round or out of the top 5 for more "future protected" picks.

Make the third pick or trade it for a star. I do not want Dennis Smith.

agreed. make a pick or trade for a player who can help us now.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2017, 11:44:57 AM »

• Dennis Johnson
It's pretty demoralizing. All of these All-Stars and even All-NBA caliber players available and we probably won't trade for a single one of them. I was hoping these BK picks combined with the fortune of getting IT4 and signing Horford wold vault us back into the mix quickly. Instead Ainge wants to build two timelines. I'm ready to get back to the ECF with a loaded team, if we can get two top flight stars this summer.... you do it. Ainge has made this too complicated.

Live in the present man, George to a 53 win team is a no brainer. Ditto for Butler. Griffin plus one of these two and we're title contenders.

and.............getting one or two of those guys is no guarantee we win a title either. he is trying to improve us now and still have a core for the future. going all in now is just plain stupid when you have two super teams to beat to do it. we are NOT mortgaging our future for a small window. 
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2017, 11:49:15 AM »

Offline jade88

• Brad Stevens

and.............getting one or two of those guys is no guarantee we win a title either. he is trying to improve us now and still have a core for the future. going all in now is just plain stupid when you have two super teams to beat to do it. we are NOT mortgaging our future for a small window.

Banking on Tatum or Jackson to be as good as Butler or George and help Thomas and Horford get into the Finals with a shot to win, bad idea. George or Butler immediately not only give us a shot at beating Cleveland, but they make it more attractive for Griffin.

Again if you add one Butler/George and then get Griffin, that is an explosive team. I would love to see GS with that much firepower.

« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2017, 11:53:03 AM »

• Dennis Johnson

Banking on Tatum or Jackson to be as good as Butler or George and help Thomas and Horford get into the Finals with a shot to win, bad idea. George or Butler immediately not only give us a shot at beating Cleveland, but they make it more attractive for Griffin.

Again if you add one Butler/George and then get Griffin, that is an explosive team. I would love to see GS with that much firepower.

i hear ya but we have to have a fallback plan that gives us a big window. the kids do that hopefully. of course no guarantees there either. i get it. but we cannot sell out now either. we shall see who we get! i am hoping for at least hayward.......keep developing brown and our top pick this year. What are we going to do with all those 2nd round picks? What are the chances of those panning out? Should we trade all those away?
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2017, 12:07:08 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261

This is where I'm at as well.

« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2017, 12:31:00 PM »

• Dennis Johnson

people forget brown and next years picks.  that team is no guarantee we get past cleveland much less GS. smaller window than with the kids IF we can even keep that team together.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2017, 12:37:47 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I think George would bring us closer to Lebron ,  Zinger not as much ,   ....Lebron will be year older, George is at his peak years .

Of Cavs look pretty much the same ....keep Love .....we add George we have a fighting chance ,  Geroge gave Cavs a good fight with practically no real help on the Pacers.

with George and Zizic .....we might push Lebron to 7 game series .....IF ...Butler does not go to,Cavs and IT comes back Healthy .  Brown , Smart , Nader Improve .....

Celtics would. have a  pretty tuff team .

Then add one more star 2019 and make run at GS.

« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2017, 12:39:03 PM »

Offline jade88

• Brad Stevens

people forget brown and next years picks.  that team is no guarantee we get past cleveland much less GS. smaller window than with the kids IF we can even keep that team together.

My problem is that i don't see a superstar coming on our roster. Our kids our blue collar guys, with good motors, who try really hard. That's great, but you can high octane offense to even have a chance. Now of course you need defense, but without offense it's futile.

Jaylen Brown, Marcus Smart, even Josh Jackson, is not going to give us 20 ppg anytime soon. Tatum is the best bet, but that is IF he can play the NBA game at that level. He could be Jabari, solid at best.

Even these guys max ceilings don't do much for me. When you win 53 games with a star like Thomas and a ver good player like Horford, you want more.... and you want it now.

If Jaylen's ceiling is Butler/George and you can't ask for more than that, and if Tatum's is Hayward or something, i'd rather just have both of these players now when they can help Thomas.