Trade for Jimmy Butler
2 (3.7%)
Trade for Paul George
1 (1.9%)
Trade for other player not named above
1 (1.9%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Voting closed: June 23, 2017, 07:00:39 AM

Author Topic: The (semi) Official 2017 Draft Prediction Thread  (Read 8131 times)

Re: The (semi) Official 2017 Draft Prediction Thread
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2017, 10:51:35 AM »

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286
I've been thinking for the past year that the Celtics would draft Tatum. I guess that this is not the time to change my mind.

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2017, 10:53:02 AM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129
Sorry to be boring, but Celtics will draft Tatum imo.

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2017, 10:54:03 AM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
The rumors have been swirling for Tatum to the C's so I can guarantee it's either Issac or Jackson to the C's

« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2017, 11:00:27 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 653
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Jackson has the most value to other teams. Best business pick would be him. Can trade him now or later. Or just keep him as a piece to your roster.

Jackson should be the pick. But I have no idea. Issac at three would be a real stretch for a positionless and often unimpressive player

« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2017, 11:00:46 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1553
too many options

it was easy , just take Fultz

now its a mess.

Taking Tatum is a safe bet .....he ll be helping by end of season ...like Jaylen did.   

Trade for Zinger .....young and would work nice with Horford

Im NOT for trading down ....we don't need any more non star guards .

agreed. NO MORE TRADING BACK! either trade #3 and whatever for serious proven help or make a pick.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2017, 11:11:53 AM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
I think Danny has had Josh Jackson rated #1 all along and knew both Philly and the Lakers wouldn't take him. He's their pick, unless Phil Jackson lowers his asking price for Porzingis, which I assume would be at least #3 and Jaylen Brown. Due to salary cap reasons, there is no way they trade for Paul George and Jimmy Butler tonight.

« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2017, 11:48:43 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
Either Three Things Happen:

1. Ainge selects Tatum

2. Ainge selects Jackson and TRADES it in a package for Porzingis

3. Ainge trades down and selects Isaac and/or Smith Jr. (who he seemingly loves too)

"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2017, 12:13:41 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
So far the poll is a little more clustered than I thought it would be. It's basically split between Tatum and KP. Josh Jackson isn't getting a lot of love...I wonder why.
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2017, 12:16:22 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 653
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Only trade back today should be 3 and a sweetner for the Kings 5 and 10. Other than that make the third pick and go...

« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2017, 12:17:18 PM »

Offline jade88

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 20
With the 3rd pick in the 2017 NBA Draft the Boston Celtics select........ Paul George

Something like that, and i'm a happy man. He's not leaving aa team that wins 60+ games and has the coach and FO that we have. That's a [dang] safe bet. Not to mention we can still improve our team around him.

« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2017, 12:20:11 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
With the 3rd pick in the 2017 NBA Draft the Boston Celtics select........ Paul George

Something like that, and i'm a happy man. He's not leaving aa team that wins 60+ games and has the coach and FO that we have. That's a [dang] safe bet. Not to mention we can still improve our team around him.
It doesn't matter how many different threads you post that, there's nothing close to a guarantee he'd stay nor is there even a suggestion that he'd be open to negotiating an extension with the right team.  he's been very vocal about using his free agency in 2018 to get to the Lakers.

« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2017, 12:23:39 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567

I love PG...but do you really want to take that chance? I don't think it's a safe bet. I'd put his remaining at maybe 50/50 unless we won it all. 60 wins are nice but it doesn't mean a thing if you don't get a ring.

If PG left after one season it would be an unquestioned disaster to the point of costing Ainge his job.
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2017, 12:27:32 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
I think we draft and trade Jackson.

If we keep the pick, Tatum.

This. With as much value as we can apparently attain by getting Jackson and trading him, even just down a spot or two, I fully expect Danny to go this route.

If we could pick up another young prospect (like Skal) or another first round pick (say from Phoenix) and STILL get Tatum, that's a pretty decent overall haul for Danny.

Still hoping for Porzingis, though, which probably won't happen until we're on the clock anyways.

« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2017, 12:28:09 PM »

Offline jade88

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 20

It doesn't matter how many different threads you post that, there's nothing close to a guarantee he'd stay nor is there even a suggestion that he'd be open to negotiating an extension with the right team.  he's been very vocal about using his free agency in 2018 to get to the Lakers.

He certainly hasn't been vocal on the record. We have heard no such thing from his own lips, what we have heard him say is that he is committed to winning. We can offer him that and a culture that he has admitted to being jealous of. These are things that are on the record.

I'm trying to will it into being lol. He's the absolute best player we can add right now imo, i'm gonna hold out hope. The goal is to add as much talent as we can, in order to compete with the other 2 teams that we still standing after we were defeated.

A lot of you here and around the NBA world might fear GS and even Lebron's stranglehold on the East, but i don't. The right collection of talent mixed with good coaching could beat them both. I think we have the assets to build that team. Why would i want to watch a youth movement when i know we can add 2 stars this summer and compete with 2 great teams?

I don't want to win a title when GS decline, i want to beat them. With that said, George covering KD in next years Finals, get it done Danny!

« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2017, 12:59:41 PM »

Offline PaulP34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
Unfortunately Danny trades down and picks Smith Jr.

Not gonna happen. If he wanted yet ANOTHER GAURD he'd kept the #1 pick n took Fultz