Author Topic: Don't think we'll get KP  (Read 4520 times)

Re: Don't think we'll get KP
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2017, 07:27:55 AM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason
The reason Booker + 4 for KP is a bad deal for PHX is because they're both similarly top prospects. Why would PHX give away their young star plus a pick for another young star? It's just a lateral trade plus loss of asset for free.

So in other words you don't even read what you wrote.

"They wanted booker and 4". That's in your original post. Then you equate the value of that deal to "3 + brown + LAL18". Thus X = Y. Then you go on in the same paragraph to say "I would do it". Now you're saying that it's a bad deal. Which is it Sonny Jim?  :o

Look man, I"m not going to debate whether or not KP is better than KO because it's absurd.

Yet no one claimed otherwise. Another reading comprehension failure on your part. You're not very good at this.

Let's just put it this way. Jackson says KP is available and the entire league and analysts lose their [dang] mind and Jackson's phone is off the hook. It's for a reason. KP was considered untouchable.

Yet he's not untouchable because Jackson has him on the block. Which is it?

Jaylen Brown has been available since we drafted him. Where are the phone calls? You think if Danny Ainge says Brown is available for trade, people are going to come running? I like Brown. I just think that you guys are enamored with your own and can't see the obvious different in talent level that the rest of the NBA Execs and fans can clearly see.

Source needed otherwise your point is invalid. Thanks for playing, please try again.

Maybe your takeaway from this thread is that no one is agreeing with your exorbitant pricing of KP.  Not anyone here and not any scouts or reporters out there either are quoting these kinds of deals either. Instead of shouting at the world, it's time for you to read what you're posting, what others are posting and then respond in kind rather than contradicting yourself and believing that your wild speculations are factual.

I would not do Booker+4, but I would do Brown+3+LAL18, as respective GMs. 1) Booker is significantly better than Brown 2) Phoenix needs picks more than Celtics. With KP, the Celtics are a free agent signing away from title contention.

The moment you said that KP is a better KO, you compared them. There is no comparison. One is a stud, one is not. You claimed that he has hit the ceiling. LOL? After the 2nd year? You're just really, REALLY bad at projecting future NBA talent.

You're the one with the reading comprehension problem. I said very clearly that KP was considered untouchable. That's why when Jackson made him "touchable," people lost their minds. It's really not that hard to follow.

No one is agreeing with me on Celtics forum because I am shattering dreams (#3 for KP), saying that Booker is better than Brown, and taking an overall contrarian view. It doesn't mean that I'm wrong.

I would love to be proven wrong and we get KP for #3 + Crowder. But it won't happen. I would go absolutely through the roof.

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2017, 07:32:05 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
KP is VERY possible IMO.  Phil Jackson is ripe to get fleeced by Ainge.

It hasn't happened yet because it will come down to the wire, or even after Ball gets picked at #2.  DA going for the best deal, and Jackson will cave.  Just watch.
Or we'll get fleeced trading for a guy who is bound to have health issues.
I don't understand why folks think that Ainge does not consider such factors.  He is one of the smartest GMs out there.  I'm happy to forego KP if he is an injury risk.

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2017, 07:33:33 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
You better be careful, Gran. Erik has nearly as many TPs as posts - apparently he is getting through to a few people.  ;)

Price is way out of line, though. #3 and Crowder as the principle pieces or I am happy keeping it.

« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2017, 07:43:09 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
You better be careful, Gran. Erik has nearly as many TPs as posts - apparently he is getting through to a few people.  ;)

Price is way out of line, though. #3 and Crowder as the principle pieces or I am happy keeping it.
He won't maintain that pace.  The only poster who is close to a 1:1 ratio of TPs to posts is FlCeltsfan. The rest of us are lucky to have even a 1:10 ratio.   :laugh:

« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2017, 07:54:30 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
#3 (Jackson), Crowder, and LAL 18. So basically the #1 pick and Crowder.

Should give Cs enough to max Hayward.

IT/Bradley/Hayward/Horford/Porzingis
Rozier/Smart/Brown/FA/Zizic

« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2017, 08:00:01 AM »

Offline Fireworks_Boom!

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
While a tough pill to swallow, I would love if the trade below happened:

#3 + Brooklyn '18 + Jaylen Brown

For Porzingis + #8

Draft Smith Jr. or Jonathan Isaac at #8 should either fall and you've got yourself a team.

Sign Gordon Hayward to fill Browns position. 

« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2017, 08:25:14 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

For Porzingis + #8

Draft Smith Jr. or Jonathan Isaac at #8 should either fall and you've got yourself a team.

you'd 'love' to grossly overpay for Porzingis?  thankfully you don't run the team. 

giving up the current #3, last year's #3 and quite possibly next year's #3 for KP and this year's #8?  awful overpay.

« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2017, 08:27:29 AM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
PJ is trying to get Noah off the books with Porzingis.
If PJ thinks he's going to unload Porzingis and tack on Noah's monster deal with it, good luck finding a sucker for that. Wait, the Nets are on the line.

« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2017, 08:28:14 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Oh well

Welcome #3 pick

« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2017, 08:36:05 AM »

Offline Fireworks_Boom!

• Jaylen Brown

For Porzingis + #8

you'd 'love' to grossly overpay for Porzingis?  thankfully you don't run the team. 

giving up the current #3, last year's #3 and quite possibly next year's #3 for KP and this year's #8?  awful overpay.

I don't see it as a gross overpay. I see it as an overpay but would be willing to do so given Porzingis has shown capability vs. Brown who has shown promise.

« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2017, 08:59:33 AM »

Offline Fireworks_Boom!

• Jaylen Brown
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDzn6yP7F9A

KP would vastly change our chances of winning a championship. Whereas Jaylen Brown, for all his promise, would not. Furthermore, JB is replaceable by Hayward.

« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2017, 09:10:23 AM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
I think Jaylen Brown can be better than Hayward.

Brown is a valuable asset off the bench until he's ready to start. He's not a throw away...keep him.

« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2017, 09:10:47 AM »

Offline clintonwalker

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 8
KP is Andrea Bargnani 2.0 with more health problems.  He will never be an allstar.  Josh Jackson is worth more and it will only take about a month of baskeball to realize it.
I don't agree with your opinion

« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2017, 09:15:08 AM »

Offline __ramonezy__

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 62
KP is the only player that I feel embodies both of BOS objectives... win now and protect the future. I would actually say his signing may potentially  be the most significant of the FA. A cost controlled, front court scorer that spaces the floor and moves fluidly.

If we get him, I would even consider taking a second look at Sully to add bulk

« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2017, 09:49:09 AM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
BJ Armstrong is trying to get Jackson to the Knicks for PJ. Then the Knicks can trade Porzingis to the Suns at #4.

Ainge could spoil it all by taking Jackson at #3 and then hold him hostage for the Knicks.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a 3/4 swap then with Ainge picking up Miami's 2021 1st rounder from Phoenix.
I have been thinking the same thing if DA and Brad want Jackson. If we can get another asset  and have Tatum that is more gravy for us.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek