Author Topic: Woj: Knicks want Josh Jackson for Porzingis  (Read 34748 times)

Re: Woj: Knicks want Josh Jackson for Porzingis
« Reply #135 on: June 22, 2017, 02:30:08 PM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
Porzingis would be an addition who would let us sign Hayward and solve our inside problems.

That, said, the reported (NY media) asking price of Jaylen Brown, #3, Brooklyn 2018 and Crowder is insane. That's all the Nets picks that we've been years waiting for. ALL OF THEM.

« Reply #136 on: June 22, 2017, 02:31:01 PM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
Hearing Phils asking exactly what I said he would, both brooklyn picks and brown and crowder.   

****n that's steep.

« Reply #137 on: June 22, 2017, 02:31:03 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/knicks-price-porzingis-high-celtics-article-1.3269298?utm_content=buffer45856&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=NYDNSports+Twitter

According to a Knicks source, Jackson is asking for the third overall pick in Thursday's draft as well as next year's Brooklyn pick along with Jaylen Brown and Jae Crowder. This version of the deal would not include Boston taking on Joakim Noah's contract.

Ha! Phil really is off his rocker. He can waller in his dysfunctional environment for all I care with those demands.

« Reply #138 on: June 22, 2017, 02:32:06 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
So we got

Stein vs Woj - 4 min ago... Who do you believe more?

Adrian Wojnarowski‏: Sources: Several teams engaging with NY on Kristaps Porzingis – including Boston – are unwilling to meet Knicks demands for deal. So far. 4 mins ago – via Twitter WojVerticalNBA

I mean, they're basically saying the same thing: Boston is trying to find an agreeable trade amount with NY.

They're certainly not doing the rumored two Brooklyn picks plus Brown and Crowder. That's insane.

« Reply #139 on: June 22, 2017, 02:33:03 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25634
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/knicks-price-porzingis-high-celtics-article-1.3269298?utm_content=buffer45856&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=NYDNSports+Twitter

According to a Knicks source, Jackson is asking for the third overall pick in Thursday's draft as well as next year's Brooklyn pick along with Jaylen Brown and Jae Crowder. This version of the deal would not include Boston taking on Joakim Noah's contract.

Ha! Phil really is off his rocker. He can waller in his dysfunctional environment for all I care with those demands.

Yeah, at that point you chuckle and put down the phone.

#3, Smart, Crowder, two future #1s for KP and O'Quinn

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #140 on: June 22, 2017, 02:33:03 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182

LOL that's a terrible deal!! No way in hell, tell Phil to kick rocks!!

« Reply #141 on: June 22, 2017, 02:33:20 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
Granted, that's also probably the starting price. It's definitely come down from there, but still probably not to Danny's liking... yet.

« Reply #142 on: June 22, 2017, 02:34:17 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
So we got

Stein vs Woj - 4 min ago... Who do you believe more?

Adrian Wojnarowski‏: Sources: Several teams engaging with NY on Kristaps Porzingis – including Boston – are unwilling to meet Knicks demands for deal. So far. 4 mins ago – via Twitter WojVerticalNBA

I mean, they're basically saying the same thing: Boston is trying to find an agreeable trade amount with NY.

They're certainly not doing the rumored two Brooklyn picks plus Brown and Crowder. That's insane.

I am still of the idea of # 3, Crowder, and a future 1st (not Nets, Lakers or Kings) to the Knicks.  Send AB (or Smart)  to another team with cap space for another 1st this year that can then go the the Knicks.  Feel free to help yourself to some 2nd round picks.

« Reply #143 on: June 22, 2017, 02:34:48 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith

Yeah, at that point you chuckle and put down the phone.

#3, Smart, Crowder, two future #1s for KP and O'Quinn

I'm okay with adding the LA pick next year, since at this point it seems PG probably ends up in LA this coming season.

But I think the Brooklyn pick is off the table for me without at least a top-2 or top-3 protection, and that's not even including Brown into the mix, too.

« Reply #144 on: June 22, 2017, 02:35:02 PM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
It's possibly three players drafted in the top 5.  And crowder.   I don't see how KP is worth that.   Please god,  just walk away.  Let's just chill and build.  We can have alot of talent with just the picks.

« Reply #145 on: June 22, 2017, 02:35:07 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25634
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Porzingis would be an addition who would let us sign Hayward and solve our inside problems.

That, said, the reported (NY media) asking price of Jaylen Brown, #3, Brooklyn 2018 and Crowder is insane. That's all the Nets picks that we've been years waiting for. ALL OF THEM.

The funny thing is, even if we did that the Pierce/KG trade would still be a massive win for us.

But, I wouldn't do that.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #146 on: June 22, 2017, 02:36:16 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

« Reply #147 on: June 22, 2017, 02:37:00 PM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
I've been repeating this many times.
Other GMs only want to fleece Danny because he has too many assets. As stupid as it sounds, having too many assets is bad for trading.
But guess what, we can use all those assets and cap space.
Nothing will happen again this summer.
Draft #3 pick, pick a FA, move on to next season and still improving each year.
I'm ok with that.

« Reply #148 on: June 22, 2017, 02:39:32 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
just to verify the post above:

Now we know...

http://www.nydailynews.com/amp/spor...rice-porzingis-high-celtics-article-1.3269298
"According to a Knicks source, Jackson is asking for the third overall pick in Thursday's draft as well as next year's Brooklyn pick along with Jaylen Brown and Jae Crowder. This version of the deal would not include Boston taking on Joakim Noah's contract."

of course, this is the "pre-blink" offer by phil. no one pays this.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #149 on: June 22, 2017, 02:40:45 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 638
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Take out one of the #1 picks and I would do it...have to move crowder so you get enough money to get Hayward...losing Brown would sting but if they keep this year's #3 and get Jackson..softens the blow