Author Topic: Woj: Knicks want Josh Jackson for Porzingis  (Read 34736 times)

Re: Woj: Knicks want Josh Jackson for Porzingis
« Reply #60 on: June 22, 2017, 09:35:07 AM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 306
Don't think ainge wants #8 unless he can flip it tonight. I think it's obvious at this point he wants 2018 picks, not another for this year, when he's already going to have to get creative to offer GH a max.

If a KP or Butler deal isn't possible, I'd wager ainge will try (and probably fail) to trade down and pick up an additional 2018 pick from a team that has a chance to be bad next season.

« Reply #61 on: June 22, 2017, 09:36:10 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Factor in potential Porzingis trades: Knicks think KP would have been 1st overall in draft this year & next & want picks reflecting that.

https://twitter.com/daldridgetnt/status/877879447487205377

Well, he's right.
Yep.  This is what I've been saying all along.  If Boston doesn't put 3 + Brown or BKN/LA on the table, they aren't going to have a shot at Porzingis.  If Boston isn't willing to do that, then there is no point in having discussions. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #62 on: June 22, 2017, 09:36:51 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Just read this...

Adrian Wojnarowski  ✔@WojVerticalNBA
Sources: So far, Knicks and Suns are without traction on a Kristaps Porzingis trade. Knicks will not get Devin Booker as part of any deal.
1:40 AM - 22 Jun 2

Sounds like Danny is not interested

If danny skips on tatum

Jackson will take chriss and #4 for ****zigis

Or the Celtics are not leaking the information.

To prevent or protect??

They are in the drivers seat

« Reply #63 on: June 22, 2017, 09:38:29 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Just read this...

Adrian Wojnarowski  ✔@WojVerticalNBA
Sources: So far, Knicks and Suns are without traction on a Kristaps Porzingis trade. Knicks will not get Devin Booker as part of any deal.
1:40 AM - 22 Jun 2

Sounds like Danny is not interested

If danny skips on tatum

Jackson will take chriss and #4 for ****zigis

Or the Celtics are not leaking the information.

To prevent or protect??

They are in the drivers seat

Because that seems to be the way they roll.

« Reply #64 on: June 22, 2017, 09:44:57 AM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 306
There's another component to all this that rarely gets discussed. KP is not our player, he's a Knick.

Jaylen Brown is a Celtic, has acquitted himself well as a Celtic thusfar, and has shown us nothing but heart and potential to be a very good player. I'm partial to the guys in green. Sure, you can't hold onto someone who just isn't good enough to be part of a championship team, but if I were GM, and you wanted a guy like JB from my team, you'd pay a steep price to get him. These guys just aren't #s on a paper, they're people, players we love. So if Chicago or Phil Jackson or anyone else wants Jaylen Brown, they pay dearly or ainge should hang up the phone. That's another reason I'm a big advocate of drafting players instead of trading picks for them. Trades for vets are inevitable, but nothing in the NBA is better than drafting a guy, watching him mature and turn into a star, and then lead your team to a title. I hope that's the tack we take with JB and our high picks. 

If they were just pieces on a chessboard, then we're just rooting for a green jersey, not the Celtic organization.

« Reply #65 on: June 22, 2017, 09:58:38 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
There's another component to all this that rarely gets discussed. KP is not our player, he's a Knick.

Jaylen Brown is a Celtic, has acquitted himself well as a Celtic thusfar, and has shown us nothing but heart and potential to be a very good player. I'm partial to the guys in green. Sure, you can't hold onto someone who just isn't good enough to be part of a championship team, but if I were GM, and you wanted a guy like JB from my team, you'd pay a steep price to get him. These guys just aren't #s on a paper, they're people, players we love. So if Chicago or Phil Jackson or anyone else wants Jaylen Brown, they pay dearly or ainge should hang up the phone. That's another reason I'm a big advocate of drafting players instead of trading picks for them. Trades for vets are inevitable, but nothing in the NBA is better than drafting a guy, watching him mature and turn into a star, and then lead your team to a title. I hope that's the tack we take with JB and our high picks. 

If they were just pieces on a chessboard, then we're just rooting for a green jersey, not the Celtic organization.

I don't know. Red was perfectly willing to trade home grown players if he thought it would make the team better. Danny has shown the same ruthlessness with our vets.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #66 on: June 22, 2017, 10:08:19 AM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649

And if you ran the Spurs, you would have kept George Hill instead of trading for the rights to Kawhi Leonard.

Sometimes you need to give up some of the pieces you want to get the pieces you need. 

« Reply #67 on: June 22, 2017, 10:12:43 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
#3 and Crowder for Porzingis might get it done and would open up space to go after Hayward, who is an upgrade on Crowder. That might be the ideal situation. Next year, start IT, Bradley, Hayward, Horford, Porzingis with Smart, Jaylen, Zizic as the major rotation. That's pretty [dang] good.

But betting on Hayward is a gamble and maybe that's not enough for Phil.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #68 on: June 22, 2017, 10:20:01 AM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Adrian Wojnarowski‏Verified account @WojVerticalNBA  13m13 minutes ago
More
 Tremendous appetite around the NBA to trade into the Top 4 to select Kansas' Josh Jackson, league executives tell @TheVertical.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #69 on: June 22, 2017, 10:20:51 AM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
More
 Tremendous appetite around the NBA to trade into the Top 4 to select Kansas' Josh Jackson, league executives tell @TheVertical.

This seems like a very convenient leak for Danny, meaning this is definitely a leak by Danny.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #70 on: June 22, 2017, 10:21:30 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
More

Really makes it sound like Ainge is in position to make a move if he doesn't want Jackson unless he really fears Phoenix taking his target.

« Reply #71 on: June 22, 2017, 10:27:18 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
I still don't understand the appeal, but if it's that strong around the league maybe Jackson should be kept.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #72 on: June 22, 2017, 10:28:26 AM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
I'd try to flip Crowder, smart, #3 and the Memphis pick. If I can keep next years lotto picks id do this trade.

« Reply #73 on: June 22, 2017, 10:29:38 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
The next big rumor the Celtics need is team like Sac looking to jump Phoenix to get Jackson. 

« Reply #74 on: June 22, 2017, 10:36:32 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
More

Forget that!

247Sports.com ranked Josh Jackson both as the top rated player in the 2016 class along with giving him a 102 rating, the highest rating ever given to a recruit by the website.