Author Topic: Woj: Knicks want Josh Jackson for Porzingis  (Read 34735 times)

Re: Woj: Knicks want Josh Jackson for Porzingis
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2017, 07:22:00 AM »

Offline Trifecta

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • #18 at any cost.
Tyler Zeller is a better defender and rebounder than Porzingis.  If Tyler Zeller could develop an average 3 point shot and was given 33 minutes per night on the worst team in the league, he'd be a better version of Porzingis.   Porzingis would not even start on a good team.  He will never be an allstar.

I really hope you're not serious.
KO and Zeller, aka Hopeless and Helpless aka the Twin Towers of Futility.

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2017, 07:22:07 AM »

Offline goCeltics

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 68
Its seems evident that josh jackson has more trade value than tatum and a ptobably a higher upside, i am hoping his the pick. Its seems like u have kevin o'connor pushing tatum whilst half the league are more interested in jackson

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2017, 07:24:46 AM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
A deal would have been done by now .... Knicks gladly take jackson or ball over Porzingis

But Danny has no plans to trade the pick... Unless he gets back extra (like 8th pick for Smith Jr or Isaac is my guess).  Or he wants to really draft either Tatum or Jackson.  Lots of teams sound like they want Jackson

I think it's more about Phil ensuring nothing silly happens and JJ is still available at three.   If I were him, I'd want to wait until draft night as well, just in case.   

But this is a deal we HAVE to do, even for Crowder, #3 and the BKL18. 

KP is a skill player, not a paint-banger, so I don't think the injury concern is warranted.   Honestly he's the big we've needed.  Can you imagine the defensive nightmare his length will cause once he acclimates to Brad's system? 

And the 3pt shooting.  OMG do we badly need his 3pt shooting in the starting lineup. 

You add he and Hayward?  That's a 60 win team, perennially. 

« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2017, 07:27:33 AM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 306
A deal would have been done by now .... Knicks gladly take jackson or ball over Porzingis

But Danny has no plans to trade the pick... Unless he gets back extra (like 8th pick for Smith Jr or Isaac is my guess).  Or he wants to really draft either Tatum or Jackson.  Lots of teams sound like they want Jackson

I think it's more about Phil ensuring nothing silly happens and JJ is still available at three.   If I were him, I'd want to wait until draft night as well, just in case.   

KP is a skill player, not a paint-banger, so I don't think the injury concern is warranted.   Honestly he's the big we've needed.  Can you imagine the defensive nightmare his length will cause once he acclimates to Brad's system? 

And the 3pt shooting.  OMG do we badly need his 3pt shooting in the starting lineup. 

Giving up Brk 18 would be complete stupidity. Porzingis isn't the special kind of talent to warrant that.

« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2017, 07:38:47 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

Giving up Brk 18 would be complete stupidity. Porzingis isn't the special kind of talent to warrant that.
Well clearly you don't like KP since you don't think he has special talent and you think he's an injury risk.  Though I agree DA won't give up the BKN 18, that doesn't mean the deal won't get done.

I personally think Phil Jackson will cave right after the Lakers pick Ball.  He is way out of his league in the GM world and feels the NYC pressure to "do something" or lose his job (which may lose no matter what).

Crowder+#3 for KP+#8.  Then pick up Markkenen or Collins with the #8, whoever falls.

« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2017, 07:40:35 AM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251

Assuming that pick ends up top 5 next year might also be stupid...  I say cash it in while it's value has peaked.

The moment will come later this fall when BKL wins three in a row, and that picks stock plummets.

« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2017, 07:44:41 AM »

Offline Rakulp

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 78

Well clearly you don't like KP since you don't think he has special talent and you think he's an injury risk.  Though I agree DA won't give up the BKN 18, that doesn't mean the deal won't get done.

I personally think Phil Jackson will cave right after the Lakers pick Ball.  He is way out of his league in the GM world and feels the NYC pressure to "do something" or lose his job (which may lose no matter what).

Crowder+#3 for KP+#8.  Then pick up Markkenen or Collins with the #8, whoever falls.

Now THAT'S a Danny offer if I ever saw one...not sure if Phil bites or not, but that's about the most I would give up for KP if he has any kind of back/knee issues. 

What a fun day this will be...well, to Danny I guess...the rest of us are going crazy with expectation!  ;D

Rak

« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2017, 07:46:19 AM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 306

Assuming that pick ends up top 5 next year might also be stupid...  I say cash it in while it's value has peaked.

The moment will come later this fall when BKL wins three in a row, and that picks stock plummets.
Brooklyn is dreadful, and not likely to improve much. Vegas thinks they're the worst team, not sure why anyone would think otherwise.

You cash an asset like that for AD. You don't for a guy like KP. Would be an awful trade.

« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2017, 07:53:54 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I read some stuff that scares me about KP's knee and back, played 65 games last year.

« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2017, 08:01:14 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
I read some stuff that scares me about KP's knee and back, played 65 games last year.

That's why every player traded has to pass a team physical. I trust our team doctors.

« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2017, 08:08:10 AM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
do it Danny

« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2017, 08:13:21 AM »

Offline jyyzzoel

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 47
The rumor I saw today was that Porzingis has lots of back/knee issues.

This is more about dumping Zinger than acquiring Jackson IMO.

Be careful Danny.

Yeah, I can't remember a lot of 7'3'' guys that have had long and meaningful careers, let alone one that plays like a small forward. I love KP's potential, but his build scares me
Because there aren't many players that were that big and talented.
One name that came to mind is some guy from way back named Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. He played for a few or 20 seasons.

It's KP's build that's scary. He's really, really skinny. Also people off the top of my head that were 7'3" or over who had health issues - yao ming and ralph samson.  But it's not his height it's his build. The only player that as tall and skinny who played a long career with no major health problems was Shawn Bradley and he was 7'6".... If KP was built like Shaq or even just Dirk I wouldn't be concerned but you just look at his shoulders and waist and you'll see a difference even to Dirk

« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2017, 08:13:59 AM »

Offline jaketwice

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 102
Jackson MAYBE is going to be a good NBA player. KP is a good player. He fits a need on our team, and makes Olynyk tradeable. If we then make a move for Hayward or Butler we contend for the ECF.

Who guards Zinger on Golden State? Who guards IT4?  We could potentially field a team that can hit from 3 at every position. Zinger is a good defensive player.

Do it Danny: Crowder and 3 for KP and 8.

« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2017, 08:14:06 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

Now THAT'S a Danny offer if I ever saw one...not sure if Phil bites or not, but that's about the most I would give up for KP if he has any kind of back/knee issues. 

What a fun day this will be...well, to Danny I guess...the rest of us are going crazy with expectation!  ;D

Rak
He won't as he pretends to negotiate (Phil knows squat about how to REALLY negotiate, such a bad GM).  He will take #8 off the table and offers O'Quinn instead, and I hope Danny makes the deal anyway.

« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2017, 08:15:29 AM »

Offline jaketwice

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 102
The rumor I saw today was that Porzingis has lots of back/knee issues.

This is more about dumping Zinger than acquiring Jackson IMO.

Be careful Danny.

He is 22.

Yeah, I can't remember a lot of 7'3'' guys that have had long and meaningful careers, let alone one that plays like a small forward. I love KP's potential, but his build scares me
Because there aren't many players that were that big and talented.
One name that came to mind is some guy from way back named Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. He played for a few or 20 seasons.

It's KP's build that's scary. He's really, really skinny. Also people off the top of my head that were 7'3" or over who had health issues - yao ming and ralph samson.  But it's not his height it's his build. The only player that as tall and skinny who played a long career with no major health problems was Shawn Bradley and he was 7'6".... If KP was built like Shaq or even just Dirk I wouldn't be concerned but you just look at his shoulders and waist and you'll see a difference even to Dirk