Author Topic: Tatum had Dinner with Brad and Met with Ainge that night  (Read 11888 times)

Tatum had Dinner with Brad and Met with Ainge that night
« on: June 22, 2017, 12:34:22 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

This is from SportsCenter tonight with Scott Van Pelt Jayson Tatum speaking and I'll quote him.

"You go to Boston, I mean it depends on what time you get there.  You have lunch or dinner, I had dinner with Coach Stevens and I met with Danny Ainge that night.

They put me through a workout the next day, the entire staff was there. I got to see the facility, we talked afterwards, we had a great talk we watch some film after the workout I mean I came to New York I enjoyed myself"

And I I just want to say I've gone full Binky mode, he's the nicest soft-spoken kid lot of composure and class. I'm sure Brad Stevens just absolutely loves him just my opinion.

Re: Tatum had Dinner with Brad and Met with Ainge that night
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2017, 12:38:43 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Get him Danny. We don't need another brick layer like Jackson

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2017, 12:41:11 AM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
Lets do this. I am all in on Tatum. Even though I really like the top 4 in this draft a ton. Tatum has the best size and all around game.

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2017, 12:50:03 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
I really like Tatum. 

I'm 100% down for trading that pick if it will get us Butler or George, but even then a small part of me will be sad to give up the pick. 

Even though I'm not expecting Tatum to ever be as good as those guys, I do think he's going to be a very nice player and potentially a perennial All-Star.  But more importantly I just really love everything about the kid from a personality standpoint.  Such modest, polite, professional, hard working, passionate, respectful and downright classy kid who seems to have a level of maturity well beyond his years.

I think that personality and talent will take him a long way in this league.  If he doesn't end up in Boston, then I wish him great success wherever he does go.  Talented young guys who have their egos in check are a major rarity in this generation.   

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2017, 01:01:21 AM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379

This is from SportsCenter tonight with Scott Van Pelt Jayson Tatum speaking and I'll quote him.

"You go to Boston, I mean it depends on what time you get there.  You have lunch or dinner, I had dinner with Coach Stevens and I met with Danny Ainge that night.

They put me through a workout the next day, the entire staff was there. I got to see the facility, we talked afterwards, we had a great talk we watch some film after the workout I mean I came to New York I enjoyed myself"

And I I just want to say I've gone full Binky mode, he's the nicest soft-spoken kid lot of composure and class. I'm sure Brad Stevens just absolutely loves him just my opinion.

Nice guys finish Last..or get demolished in 5 games in the ECF by Clev.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2017, 01:03:20 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2929
If Danny has Tatum and Jackson in the same tier, does he take Jackson due to the potential extra trade opportunities with New York or Chicago?

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2017, 01:05:12 AM »

Offline Pucaccia

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 65

Wow, do you ruin Santa Claus for kids too?

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2017, 01:19:13 AM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
If Danny has Tatum and Jackson in the same tier, does he take Jackson due to the potential extra trade opportunities with New York or Chicago?

It seems the Winslow near-deal where Ainge lost perspective and offered way more than he should have, only to be saved when Charlotte still said no, has really affected him.  I don't think he'll hesitate to trade the pick but I doubt he'll pick a guy with the hope a deal might happen.

Mike

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2017, 01:27:23 AM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134
I like Tatum as well. Best player in this draft and proved it at Duke. He did everything.

If you can land a Porzingis tho you have to move this pick.

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2017, 01:28:13 AM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419

He would have picked Dunn last year if that were the case and he certainly isn't regretting that one

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2017, 01:38:07 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875

Tim Duncan might have something to say about that.

He would have picked Dunn last year if that were the case and he certainly isn't regretting that one

At least not yet - still early days. 

I'm pleasantly surprised by Brown though - I thought he had quite high upside, but also thought he was very raw and probably wouldn't contribute for a couple of years at least. 

He's surpassed my expectations this season for sure.

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2017, 02:34:13 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2929

Eh, Dunn is a different story. He was a guard and was a completely different prospect than someone like Brown.

Jackson and Tatum are similar prospects in terms of their fit, outlook, and overall ceiling. If Danny doesn't think there's much separation between the two, if any at all, I could see him drafting Jackson and dangling him for a trade, even if it's just to pick up more assets as a third team in a trade. If no trade occurs, then it's not like he's out of a pick here, since he valued Jackson as much as Tatum anyways.

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2017, 02:49:38 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Here is an entire video dedicated to his defense.

https://youtu.be/E4d-ICTOqBo

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2017, 03:40:07 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
This draft top 3 in order:Tatum,Fulz,Jackson

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2017, 04:47:03 AM »

Offline Onslaught

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156

Most of the time. But I'd say that Tim Duncan,Kevin Durant and Steph Curry are "nice guys" and they've done ok.
Peace through Tyranny