Author Topic: New salary cap projection  (Read 3336 times)

Re: New salary cap projection
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2017, 01:50:07 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
It says on espn this was largely from the shortened playoffs. Pretty funny I was berated on here when I suggested this would happen

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2017, 02:23:18 AM »

Offline Jack_Frost

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 52
Just read we need to trade rozier and renouce to zizic to be able to make a max offer in FA.

Is it true? I can live with rozier traded, but zizic...

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2017, 02:40:06 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
It says on espn this was largely from the shortened playoffs. Pretty funny I was berated on here when I suggested this would happen
Is that your standard for berated?

Like 1 person disagreed with you and was probably just as close to being correct as you were.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2017, 02:41:26 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
Just read we need to trade rozier and renouce to zizic to be able to make a max offer in FA.

Is it true? I can live with rozier traded, but zizic...
if I were GM I'd make the Bradley smart decision and move the guy I don't want to resign.

I'm not GM... luckily
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2017, 03:45:07 AM »

Offline The Oracle

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 597
With the cap projection dropping from 101 million to 99 million the Celtics now need approximately 1.3-1.4 million more cap space than they did before.  Is it just a coincidence that they saved almost exactly that amount by moving down in the lottery from the 1st pick to the 3rd?  The Celtics very well could have known this was coming and may have given them added incentive for the trade down.

Nothing has changed really, the C's will likely still trade Bradley for a future draft pick if a trade does not materialize that creates max cap space beforehand.

« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2017, 03:47:07 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
With the cap projection dropping from 101 million to 99 million the Celtics now need approximately 1.3-1.4 million more cap space than they did before.  Is it just a coincidence that they saved almost exactly that amount by moving down in the lottery from the 1st pick to the 3rd?  The Celtics very well could have known this was coming and may have given them added incentive for the trade down.

Nothing has changed really, the C's will likely still trade Bradley for a future draft pick if a trade does not materialize that creates max cap space beforehand.

I find it extremelly hard to believe that the teams had no clue about the lower cap.

« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2017, 03:48:39 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

Danny is so meticulous with salary lol

« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2017, 03:51:48 AM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
With latest cap adjustment, C's would now have to trade Rozier, D. Jackson, and not bring in Zizic or Yabusele to get to max $ for GH or BG

nate duncan

https://mobile.twitter.com/NateDuncanNBA/status/877764642684129281

« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2017, 04:41:14 AM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
This is bad for us... but also for other teams. We are in quite a good position because we have to renounce some players, but not any of them is a key piece. I guess it will hurt other franchises even more than us.

Am I right or just trying to find stupid consolation?

TP The Oracle. This was the point I said as one of the main reasons to trade down. Ainge must have known this before.

« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2017, 05:16:48 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
Does this actually help us in the long run? It reduces the max for Hayward and presumably Isaiah next year as well, yet in the long run the cap should still rise to it's long term projections.

I guess the preferred way to get to max cap space is to trade for KP. #3 + Crowder for KP and a future pick gets us easily under the required amount.

Or perhaps even better if we can trade down to 5, gain an extra asset and then trade 5 + Crowder for KP and a future pick.

« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2017, 12:13:57 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393

Like 1 person disagreed with you and was probably just as close to being correct as you were.

Not true, I got called a warriors hater multiple times for pointing out that the non-competitive players were in fact bad for the league. KG's knee went really over board and said I had made up friends and was miserable. You kind of remember when people get personal like that.

« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2017, 02:01:47 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson

Not true, I got called a warriors hater multiple times for pointing out that the non-competitive players were in fact bad for the league. KG's knee went really over board and said I had made up friends and was miserable. You kind of remember when people get personal like that.
Oof. Sorry about that. I only remembered the exchange with Moranis which to me had been an interesting and informative discussion.