Author Topic: Celtics and Lakers rivalry rekindled since Magic hired  (Read 533 times)

Celtics and Lakers rivalry rekindled since Magic hired
« on: June 21, 2017, 10:56:07 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
coincidence?

1.  Celtics win the lottery for the #1 2017 pick.  Lakers take 2nd place 
2.  Magic Johnson on Celtics getting top pick: "I still hate them."
3.  Celtics trade with the 76ers . 2017 #1 pick for #3 and 2018 Lakers pick (2-5)  or 2019 Kings/76ers Pick (protected)
4.  Lakers trade Russell, Mozgov for Lopez. 
5.  Lakers in pursuit of PG13
6.  Celtics could take Josh Jackson in tomorrows draft

Has there ever been this much action between the Lakers and the Celtics since the last time the teams met in the playoffs? (2008 and 2010 seasons)

Starting with #3.  The Celtics could have asked for the 2018 76ers pick (2-5).  Instead take the 2018 Lakers pick.  Making Magic sweat until the next draft lottery night

#4 and potentially the #5 - seem like rush moves.   Trading a young talent like Russell (top 3 pick) to dump salary?  PG13 could join as a FA next season.   Feels like to me  , Magic wants to get the Celtics off his back (2018 Lakers pick)

#6.... Lakers must choose between Ball and Jackson.  And due to #4 , all indication is that Ball will be drafted.  However this means Jackson will be available for the Celtics to choose. A prospect that worked out for the Lakers twice and really wants to be picked by the Lakers....  and could end up becoming a Celtic tomorrow, a future Laker killer and the best player of the draft.

I'm a true Lakers hater and hope the Celtics get the upper hand with all the above mentioned ;D

Re: Celtics and Lakers rivalry rekindled since Magic hired
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2017, 10:58:57 PM »

Offline RIPRED

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 63
The Celtics Lakers rivalry was born from Finals games not from draft lotteries.