Author Topic: Kristaps Porzingis Watch Thread (For The Upcoming Year)  (Read 11138 times)

Re: Kristaps Porzingis Watch Thread
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2017, 08:24:42 AM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
#3, Crowder, AB and a future first not from the Nets, Lakers or Kings.

As many 2nd round picks as you like. 

« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2017, 08:26:49 AM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

I know AB might not fit cap wise, so maybe a third team with cap space and a 1st round pick to go to NY.

« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2017, 08:29:18 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968

done

« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2017, 10:07:52 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2943
  • On To Banner 18!
Apparently Crowder is now following Phil Jackson...

I don't expect it to happen, but if the trade goes down, I'll really miss Crowder  :'(

And his contract too which is the best bargain, non-rookie contract out there.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2017, 10:11:49 AM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

I don't expect it to happen, but if the trade goes down, I'll really miss Crowder  :'(

But becomes less of a bargain for the Celtics with the growth of Brown and the signing (cross fingers) of Hayward. 

« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2017, 10:19:02 AM »

Offline RIPRED

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 63

I'd be fine with #3, Crowder, and 2018 LAL pick, plus filler. Porzingis is exactly what the Celtics need right now and he's very young so you're not punting the future away. I know I'm in the minority here, but I'm not too keen on trading Bradley.

« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2017, 10:19:31 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

But becomes less of a bargain for the Celtics with the growth of Brown and the signing (cross fingers) of Hayward.

I disagree.  Jonas Jerebko and Gerald Green played 1800 minutes for us last season and made a combined $6.5 million. Crowder makes approximately the same, and could take their collective minutes while ceding his to Hayward, and the Celtics would be a better team at the same cost for those minutes.

« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2017, 10:19:32 AM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129

Source?

« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2017, 10:23:47 AM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

I disagree.  Jonas Jerebko and Gerald Green played 1800 minutes for us last season and made a combined $6.5 million. Crowder makes approximately the same, and could take their collective minutes while ceding his to Hayward, and the Celtics would be a better team at the same cost for those minutes.

And how many of those minutes will Brown earn?   

Throw in another rookie at the same type of position, minutes are getting squeezed to the point where the best value for the Celtics with Crowder and his contract is a trade to strengthen another part of the team.

« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2017, 10:24:20 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey

Source?

He does follow him, but I have no idea how to determine if it's a new follow.  He also follows Larry Brown. Maybe he just likes to follow HOF coaches?

« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2017, 10:30:38 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey

And how many of those minutes will Brown earn?   

Throw in another rookie at the same type of position, minutes are getting squeezed to the point where the best value for the Celtics with Crowder and his contract is a trade to strengthen another part of the team.

Not too many more, considering Brown already played 1300 last year.  Furthermore, if there's a Porzingis trade and we sign Hayward, a) there's no other rookie and b) Olynyk is walking.  Porzingis isn't going to replace the 3100 minutes of Olynyk and Johnson by himself.  Some will go to Zizic, but another handful would go to the Hayward, Brown, and Crowder trio.

The minutes are absolutely there for Crowder to play between 1700-2000 in a season.

If Crowder is the required piece with #3 to get Porzingis, yes, I'd do it.  But don't trick yourself into thinking there wouldn't be a hole on the roster that Hayward alone can fix.

« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2017, 11:50:19 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

Source?

He does follow him, but I have no idea how to determine if it's a new follow.  He also follows Larry Brown. Maybe he just likes to follow HOF coaches?

Some facebook page/group I follow posted it, and they also posted about the IT-Hayward and Horford-Hayward, Griffin-IT follows haha. Those were true too. Maybe this one is too?

« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2017, 12:03:03 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
https://twitter.com/daldridgetnt/status/877879447487205377?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.celticsblog.com%2F2017%2F6%2F22%2F15852148%2Fnba-draft-day-open-thread-on-boston-celtics-rumors

David Aldridge‏Verified account
@daldridgetnt

Factor in potential Porzingis trades: Knicks think KP would have been 1st overall in draft this year & next & want picks reflecting that.

https://twitter.com/AdamHimmelsbach/status/877883221899452416?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.celticsblog.com%2F2017%2F6%2F22%2F15852148%2Fnba-draft-day-open-thread-on-boston-celtics-rumors

Adam Himmelsbach‏Verified account
@AdamHimmelsbach

Can always change, but hearing that for now the asking price for Porzingis remains massive & a deal would be v unlikely with these requests

Apparently Knicks may be asking for #3, 2018 Brooklyn Pick, Crowder, and then some filler  :o (Even A. Sherrod Blakely believes that's the "starting point price" - although as we all know he isn't really the most reliable guy out there..)

Love Porzingis, but I'll PASS. Not worth 2 Brooklyn Picks IMO, plus Crowder.

« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2017, 12:08:03 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
i dont blame phil for asking for the moon. that is just being a good GM.

but let's see whether he blinks later today when no one coughs up a treasure chest of picks.

i suspect that phil may never had wanted to trade porzingas really. he may have wanted to send a "zen message" to porzingas about skipping exit interviews. and at the same time, maybe some fool bites on the silly asking price.

i think also this is targeting boston. who else has the picks and people to match what phil is asking for?

so, we will wait and see.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2017, 12:08:38 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 743
https://twitter.com/daldridgetnt/status/877879447487205377?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.celticsblog.com%2F2017%2F6%2F22%2F15852148%2Fnba-draft-day-open-thread-on-boston-celtics-rumors

David Aldridge‏Verified account
@daldridgetnt

Factor in potential Porzingis trades: Knicks think KP would have been 1st overall in draft this year & next & want picks reflecting that.

https://twitter.com/AdamHimmelsbach/status/877883221899452416?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.celticsblog.com%2F2017%2F6%2F22%2F15852148%2Fnba-draft-day-open-thread-on-boston-celtics-rumors

Adam Himmelsbach‏Verified account
@AdamHimmelsbach

Can always change, but hearing that for now the asking price for Porzingis remains massive & a deal would be v unlikely with these requests

Apparently Knicks may be asking for #3, 2018 Brooklyn Pick, Crowder, and then some filler  :o (Even A. Sherrod Blakely believes that's the "starting point price" - although as we all know he isn't really the most reliable guy out there..)

Love Porzingis, but I'll PASS. Not worth 2 Brooklyn Picks IMO, plus Crowder.

HARD PASS