Author Topic: Kristaps Porzingis Watch Thread (For The Upcoming Year)  (Read 11088 times)

Re: Kristaps Porzingis Watch Thread
« Reply #60 on: June 22, 2017, 06:55:28 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Phoenix’s offers for Porzingis have included the No. 4 pick, Dragan Bender and Marquese Chriss, per sources. – via espn

« Reply #61 on: June 22, 2017, 06:57:43 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Phoenix’s offers for Porzingis have included the No. 4 pick, Dragan Bender and Marquese Chriss, per sources. – via espn

Can we beat that?

Probably not. Much rather keep Jaylen.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #62 on: June 22, 2017, 06:58:55 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Can we beat that?

We can. The offer of #3, #7 and Crowder might beat that already.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #63 on: June 22, 2017, 06:59:22 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

Can we beat that?

Essentially AB is gone too to get that #7.

We better have Hayward 'in the bag' during FA.

« Reply #64 on: June 22, 2017, 06:59:35 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Can we beat that?

celts can beat any offers except maybe the 76ers

« Reply #65 on: June 22, 2017, 07:00:25 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 638
  • MASTER OF PANIC
That offer is trash. Bender is bust worthy

« Reply #66 on: June 22, 2017, 07:01:47 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!

Can we beat that?

Yes. Jackson holding out for Booker. Don't do it Phoenix...

« Reply #67 on: June 22, 2017, 07:02:03 PM »

Offline ThaPreacher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 174
  • THA PREACHER
I'd be happy if we didn't get Porzingis. The unicorn may cost too much fairy dust!
"Just do what you do best."  -Red Auerbach-

« Reply #68 on: June 22, 2017, 07:02:53 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906

Can we beat that?

I think so, especially with Phil's fascination with Crowder upping his overall value.

« Reply #69 on: June 22, 2017, 07:12:04 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

Can we beat that?

We can offer Jackson, Phoenix cannot. That is a huge difference.

« Reply #70 on: June 22, 2017, 07:16:19 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

Can we beat that?

We can offer Jackson, Phoenix cannot. That is a huge difference.

True. Plus we can sweeten it with a future pick or two (not 2018 BKN though)

« Reply #71 on: July 23, 2017, 03:20:32 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Going to bump this up.

I know it's likely a pipe dream, but frankly, I think there's a slightly better chance that if one person gets traded between KP and Anthony Davis at the trade deadline or next summer, it's KP.

Hopefully the Knicks finally trade away Carmelo, DON'T GET Irving, and then have another atrocious start next season to hopefully frustrate Porzingis to the point where he wants out.

UNFORTUNATELY, he still seems to be happy in NY, but I'm a bit skeptical. Here's the article stating that:

http://nypost.com/2017/07/22/a-latvian-kid-got-kristaps-porzingis-to-clarify-his-knicks-future/

Although Latvian journalists were instructed not to query Kristaps Porzingis about the Knicks travails during training camp for the European Championships, a kid camper had no such restrictions.

Last weekend at a basketball camp in Latvia attended by about 250 children, one youngster asked Porzingis in his native tongue why he wouldn’t abandon New York, and Porzingis sounded as if he’s committed for the long haul.

According to an English translation obtained by The Post, Porzingis answered:

“I feel that it is the best place to win. And if you win in New York, you are king. For the last two years, I have had so many positive emotions here that this is where I want to stay and that this is where I want to win.”

The comment is the most encouraging remark he’s made in the offseason regarding his Knicks future. On Friday, Porzingis “liked’’ a tweet that showed Kyrie Irving in Knicks gear. Irving reportedly requested a trade last week with the Knicks as one of the clubs on his wish list.

The Knicks are said to have no plans of including Porzingis in any Irving deal, thus making one unlikely. Then-Knicks president Phil Jackson looked into Porzingis deals before the draft.

With the firing of Jackson, Porzingis’ future appears brighter in New York. He blew off his exit meeting in April partly out of protest of how chaotically Jackson had run the franchise.

Porzingis started training camp for Latvia on Monday, and the national team will plays its first exhibition game July 29 in Finland. The tournament starts in late August.

When he declined to talk about the Knicks’ recent dealings Monday at a press conference, Porzingis said, according to a translation, “I’m just afraid that anything could distract me from my goal, which is national team right now.”

New Knicks president Steve Mills said Monday that wounds were healing, and he has “a hectic texting relationship” with the 7-foot-3 Latvian.

Also during the Q-and-A with campers, Porzingis offered some personal insight. He said his most positive influence is his brother/agent Janis, his only superstition is putting his left sock and shoe on first and that to be a star player “you need talent and second you need to have a good work ethic.’’

Yeah, Phil Jackson is gone, but Dolan still exists and the Knicks front office is still a mess. And without Carmelo, unless they get back Irving (hope not), the Knicks could end up being worse next season honestly (unless others take big steps up).

Apparently, the new GM hasn't even met with Dolan yet according to a report.. :o

Re: Kristaps Porzingis Watch Thread (For The Upcoming Year)
« Reply #72 on: July 23, 2017, 03:31:17 PM »

Offline bogg

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 51
With Phil gone Kristaps isn't going anywhere for a while. Might as well shut this one down - he isn't even on his second contract yet, and has been pretty publicly committed to the city of New York, if not the previous front-office regime.

« Reply #73 on: July 25, 2017, 01:10:26 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
With Phil gone Kristaps isn't going anywhere for a while. Might as well shut this one down - he isn't even on his second contract yet, and has been pretty publicly committed to the city of New York, if not the previous front-office regime.

Not how it works man.

We got our max FA and a Top-3 draft pick this summer. GREAT!

Now it's time to get greedy again and look for the next "long shot" super stars  :laugh:

That's how this blog and forum rolls  8)

But seriously, Phil is gone, but how are the Knicks especially once Carmelo is traded? Unless some other guys overachieve, they'll be real bad again lol, and I'm sure KP isn't a fan of Dolan either (and he isn't leaving anytime soon). Obviously still a longshot but not an impossible scenario.

« Reply #74 on: August 15, 2017, 06:19:56 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
The Cavaliers want Porzingis in an Irving trade with the Knicks (especially seeing Carmelo is not willing to waive his NTC for Cleveland anymore it seems).

Knicks saying "HELL NO" lol.