Author Topic: Woj: Suns offering #4 for Butler, George, and Porzingis  (Read 10105 times)

Re: Woj: Suns offering #4 for Butler, George, and Porzingis
« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2017, 12:58:24 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
"I don't think I've ever had a player over 25 years of coaching not coming to an exit meeting, so it hasn't happened to me,'' Jackson said. "It happens to other people and other players. His brother and his agent have downplayed it, but still it's a chance for a person to express themselves. I had a real good relationship with Kristaps over the last two years. It was kind of surprising.''

In 2004, Shaquille O'Neal skipped his exit meeting with the Jackson-coached Lakers.

Lol

« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2017, 04:00:47 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2929
Now apparently there might be a three-way trade brewing among Phoenix, San Antonio, and Indiana. George has expressed interest in staying in San Antonio, though he won't commit to an extension yet. Phoenix also has interest in Aldridge, who wants out of SA.

The deal would go something like:

Phoenix: Aldridge

San Antonio: George

Indiana: #4

Honestly, I love that deal for all teams involved, and us. San Antonio would be a powerhouse in the West and could legitimately knock off the Warriors, especially if they add Paul, too.

That also greatly helps out our Lakers pick, and it takes our main Porzingis competition out of the way in Phoenix, though I wonder if LA would jump into the ring at that point.

« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2017, 04:03:40 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Now apparently there might be a three-way trade brewing among Phoenix, San Antonio, and Indiana. George has expressed interest in staying in San Antonio, though he won't commit to an extension yet. Phoenix also has interest in Aldridge, who wants out of SA.

Honestly, I love that deal for all teams involved, and us. San Antonio would be a powerhouse in the West and could legitimately knock off the Warriors, especially if they add Paul, too.

That also greatly helps out our Lakers pick, and it takes our main Porzingis competition out of the way in Phoenix, though I wonder if LA would jump into the ring at that point.

I like it for San Antonio and Indiana.  Phoenix would get another expensive big man on the downslope of his career with a team ceiling of a chance to get swept by the Warriors in the first round.

You're right that it would help us by taking the Suns out of the Porzingis bidding, though.

« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2017, 04:05:54 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
"I don't think I've ever had a player over 25 years of coaching not coming to an exit meeting, so it hasn't happened to me,'' Jackson said. "It happens to other people and other players. His brother and his agent have downplayed it, but still it's a chance for a person to express themselves. I had a real good relationship with Kristaps over the last two years. It was kind of surprising.''

In 2004, Shaquille O'Neal skipped his exit meeting with the Jackson-coached Lakers.

Lol
Jackson had already announced he would be leaving the lakers prior to the exit meeting.

It's a little different.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2017, 04:05:56 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
The Suns need Jackson to close any deal for those guys. So the Celtics are in the drivers seat for any deals. That's assuming the Lakers pick Ball.  If the Celtics take Jackson, that's a clear trade signal.

« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2017, 04:06:16 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Don't at all get it for Phoenix.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2017, 04:09:06 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182

Yea Phoenix needs more. But I'd love to see PG go anywhere other than LA.

« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2017, 04:10:17 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Hey if it keeps PG13 away from LA for a year. Sweet!!

« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2017, 04:12:49 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2929

Yea Phoenix needs more. But I'd love to see PG go anywhere other than LA.

Might be more attached to it, though I'm not sure what it would be.

When I was expressing my love for the deal, I primarily meant for Indy and SA. I get why Phoenix is making this trade, but I'm pretty "meh" on the deal. They seem to be just wanting to make a splash just to make a splash, which is generally a pretty bad idea.

« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2017, 04:14:09 PM »

Offline chiken Green

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 75
Suns have a slew of Young big men - what they need is a vetran big man who can show them how to be pro's (Bender and Chriss)   

I think that would be their angle.

« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2017, 04:16:18 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Why on earth would the Suns trade #4 for one year of Paul George? And why isn't the deal done yet?

They haven't. That feels lumped in with the other two players, where it would make more sense.

Ryan's not dumb -- he's never do that deal.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #56 on: June 22, 2017, 04:17:22 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
There is a less than zero chance the Suns are trading Booker in ANY deal for Porzingis (or Butler). Will never happen.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #57 on: June 22, 2017, 04:26:50 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141

What I see here is George traded for a #4 only?  And maybe not even Jackson.

If the Celtics can trade their #3 even up for George, they should do it. Porzingis is a lot more expensive. Wyc has to open up those purse strings if he expects to see another championship in a reasonable amount of time. He isn't getting any younger. It does take money to win a championship.