Author Topic: Woj: Suns offering #4 for Butler, George, and Porzingis  (Read 10051 times)

Re: Woj: Suns offering #4 for Butler, George, and Porzingis
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2017, 10:08:45 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
If we let the Suns out bid us on Porzingis it would be absurd.

They want #4 and Booker.

Suns are NOT trading away Booker too haha.

Yeah, even with Booker added I think we could still outbid them if we wanted.

I don't think it comes to that, though, because with the teams wanting Jackson, we hold all of the leverage having the pick before Phoenix.

Except we don't, because Danny will make some rediculous low ball trade offer that no GM on the planet would ever dream of considering...and so the suns will get him anyway.

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2017, 10:09:13 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Gotta think if #4 was really on the table, the deal would be done. Sounds like a strategic leak by Indy to put pressure on the Lakers to offer up #2.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2017, 10:09:58 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
Wooooo hope this happens! One less team to compete with tanking next year

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2017, 10:10:01 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Here we go...

It's time for Danny Ainge to get outbid by another team with less valuable assets yet again.

Lakers will get George,  Suns will steal Porzingis or Butler,  and Boston will do nothing until free agency...at which point Blake Griffin and Gordon Hayward will re-sign with their current teams and Boston will overpay in free agency for s some non-star because everybody else will be gone.

Calling it now,  hoping and praying Danny proves me wrong.
Aside from cousins, has Ainge been outbid for a star by a team with lesser assets since the start of the rebuild?

Can't think of any off the top of my head but it feels like there must have been one or two.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2017, 10:11:56 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
Meanwhile, Danny is either holding his cards close waiting to strike, or he is going to keep trading down until he has nothing to show for winning the lottery. All because he would rather spend his dough on FAs--which he may not be able to sign. I hope he isn't chasing his own tail.

« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2017, 10:13:55 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 306
Here we go...

It's time for Danny Ainge to get outbid by another team with less valuable assets yet again.

Lakers will get George,  Suns will steal Porzingis or Butler,  and Boston will do nothing until free agency...at which point Blake Griffin and Gordon Hayward will re-sign with their current teams and Boston will overpay in free agency for s some non-star because everybody else will be gone.

I hope and pray you're right if it's that as opposed to burning BRK 18.

« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2017, 10:20:20 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
Here we go...

In your scenario we end up with Jackson, which is what all these other teams appear to want.

« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2017, 10:31:34 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Gotta think if #4 was really on the table, the deal would be done. Sounds like a strategic leak by Indy to put pressure on the Lakers to offer up #2.

If the rumor is true, then I imagine George is a distant 3rd on that list of players in play for the #4. In such a case, Indy probably realizes this (and knows they have no chance of doing better) and is just giving PHX a little time to figure it out.

« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2017, 10:33:49 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
Here we go...

Come on Crimson, that is quite a defeatist attitude. We are coming off a year where we had the #1 seed and made it to the ECF. We now have a top draft pick and loads of cap space. Even if things don't go as hoped (Porzingis/Hayward), we are still in a very good position and much of that is due to Ainge's competence.

« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2017, 10:42:46 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Sources told ESPN on Tuesday that the Knicks had talks with each team positioned in the top five in the lottery on Porzingis and with some teams outside of the lottery.

This tells me the knocks really want a top 5 pick and probably want to move porzingis fast

« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2017, 10:45:22 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
Sources told ESPN on Tuesday that the Knicks had talks with each team positioned in the top five in the lottery on Porzingis and with some teams outside of the lottery.

This tells me the knocks really want a top 5 pick and probably want to move porzingis fast

If Danny wants Porzingis from the Knocks (awesome name, btw), he is in the driver's seat. Phil doesn't simply want to move into the top 4-5, he wants Jackson (reportedly). The Celtics can kill any potential deal with PHX by just selecting him. PHX may be offering better ancillary assets, but that is irrelevant if the big prize is Jackson.

« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2017, 10:46:05 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

If Danny wants Porzingis from the Knocks (awesome name, btw), he is in the driver's seat. Phil doesn't simply want to move into the top 4-5, he wants Jackson (reportedly). The Celtics can kill any potential deal with PHX by just selecting him. PHX may be offering better ancillary assets, but that is irrelevant if the big prize is Jackson.
yup 100% agreed

And I didn't even see that "knocks" it was a typo.lol gonna keep using it tho good name indeed

« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2017, 10:46:45 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 638
  • MASTER OF PANIC

I just don't see anyone in the top five being able to offer the knicks what boston can

« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2017, 10:51:06 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

I just don't see anyone in the top five being able to offer the knicks what boston can
What if the Kings offer the #5 and #10? 

« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2017, 10:53:12 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 638
  • MASTER OF PANIC

What if the Kings offer the #5 and #10?

Knicks want Josh Jackson and another starter...Boston has all of that..plus more picks..