Would You Make This Trade?

Yes
11 (47.8%)
No
10 (43.5%)
Sacramento Hangs Up Immediately
2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Author Topic: Poll: #3, Rozier + 2018 Boston First For #5 & #10 (Isaac + Smith Jr.)  (Read 1719 times)

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
Would you do this? Or would the Kings even do it?

If they do, I'd take Tatum, BUT if he goes to Phoenix as expected, take Isaac. Fine with either honestly.

And if Ainge LOVES Smith Jr., he should be there at #10.

Or maybe someone projected to go before #10 surprisingly falls and is there for the taking?

What do you guys think?

Or if you're okay with the trading down aspect but would modify the deal, what would you do?
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline Mempitt18

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
Sac would likely take Fox, which would leave open the option of either Tatum or Jackson

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I said no, but only because I would rather Danny not settle on a player he would otherwise not have chosen at 3.

If that player is definitely there at 5, I would consider it, but I like Rozier and think that 2018 1st is still a good asset in a trade. Change it to any 2nd rounder(s) we currently have and maybe we have a deal.

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
I said no, but only because I would rather Danny not settle on a player he would otherwise not have chosen at 3.

If that player is definitely there at 5, I would consider it, but I like Rozier and think that 2018 1st is still a good asset in a trade. Change it to any 2nd rounder(s) we currently have and maybe we have a deal.

I can agree with that. Not sure SAC views #37 as a "big asset" compared to a first rounder.

But that 2018 first rounder (even late) could be valuable given how deep the class is with big men as well.

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Sac would likely take Fox, which would leave open the option of either Tatum or Jackson

If it's between Jackson or Isaac, I'm taking Isaac.

Tatum vs. Isaac would be real interesting though.

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307
No way. That's giving up too much. Rozier or a 2019 1st would be more like it.

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

Really? I was under the impression that SAC would think this is an underpay from Boston's side LOL. (As in Boston would need to add a little bit more) :laugh:

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
There is a good chance Smith won't be there at 10.  I'd like Isaac and Collins if he's still around.  That's not guaranteed either.

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Really? I was under the impression that SAC would think this is an underpay from Boston's side LOL. (As in Boston would need to add a little bit more) :laugh:
it's an definite overpay by Boston.  wouldn't offer them more than a second rounder with the #3.  if they want to move up 2 spots, it'll take 5 and 10.

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

it's an definite overpay by Boston.  wouldn't offer them more than a second rounder with the #3.  if they want to move up 2 spots, it'll take 5 and 10.

I would gladly do #3 and #37 for #5 and #10.

Re: Poll: #3, Rozier + 2018 Boston First For #5 & #10 (Isaac + Smith Jr.)
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2017, 08:44:50 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
If this came to fruition and the player we liked at 10 is no longer available we could always trade that pick for something in the future.  There seems to be a drop off in talent around 10 so I would guess that pick would be in demand.