Author Topic: josh jackson just compounding his negatives  (Read 3403 times)

josh jackson just compounding his negatives
« on: June 21, 2017, 07:28:09 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
Oh  Yea! I just didn't have time ,you know logistics.I'm not trying out unless you guarantee me at three.
Its more like a crowded roster and i'll have to compete. I wanted to come and I wanted to play with jaylen, that would be cool-
 Tatum made it a priority to  make his 2nd tryout
Does he really expect the celts to invest in a player who can't get to Boston when they have the draft and a multi year commitment to make.
Keep that jerk away from Jaylen,Tatum will love the city of Boston and the fans will think of him as Pierce like.
Kick Jackson to the curb Danny,

Let him grace some other team with his presence and 56% from the foul line-that ts embarrassing
Don't insult the management and fans and compound your position with contrived excuses .
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 07:38:10 PM by rollie mass »

Re: josh jackson just compounding his negatives
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2017, 07:34:35 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
If Danny and Brad determine Jackson is the best player available, they will take him. I don't really see any major red flags from a character stand point. Obviously you shouldn't threaten a woman, but it's not like he followed through. Smart (shoving a fan...this seriously happened) and Sully (domestic violence) were both drafted by Danny and their character was much more in question.

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2017, 07:36:55 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Oh  Yea! I just didn't have time ,you know logistics.I'm not trying out unless you guarantee me at three.
Its more like a crowded roster and i'll have to compete  i wanted to come and,I wanted to play with jaylen that would be cool- Tatum made it a priority to  make his 2nd tryout
Does he really expect the celts to invest in a player who can't get to Boston when they have the draft and a multi year commitment to make.
Keep that jerk away from Jaylen
Kick Jackson to the curb Danny, Tatum will fit right in and love the city

Let him grace some other team with his presence and 56% from the foul line-that ts embarrassing
Don't insult the management and fans and compound your position with contrived excuses .

Lol until he's rookie of the year

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2017, 08:11:49 PM »

Offline ThaPreacher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 174
  • THA PREACHER
56 % from the foul line never bodes well for any NBA Player.  Perhaps he can be taught the pre-shot ritual to decrease anxiety. Chances are, he just hasn't put in the work.  Tatum or  Isaac!
"Just do what you do best."  -Red Auerbach-

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2017, 08:18:16 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Preach, rollie.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2017, 08:20:30 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
Phoenix is perfect for him. Young squad, Josh can be an alpha
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2017, 09:01:37 PM »

Offline Mean Gerald Green

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 212
  • Cool Runnings
I'd take Tatum and Isaac ahead of him for sure. I've already had enough of his bullshot

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2017, 09:01:54 PM »

Offline Hank Finkel

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 41
Let's face and it Jackson doesn't want to come here and have to earn his playing time. He doesn't workout with the team to prove he is the best player. I think DA is going with Tatum as the best fit for this team. He is intelligent (went to duke) seems to be a quality human being, great offensive game, fits in with what DA is building, and we need another youngster to grow with JB. 

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2017, 09:02:48 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
If Danny and Brad determine Jackson is the best player available, they will take him. I don't really see any major red flags from a character stand point. Obviously you shouldn't threaten a woman, but it's not like he followed through. Smart (shoving a fan...this seriously happened) and Sully (domestic violence) were both drafted by Danny and their character was much more in question.

If somebody doesn't want to be on your team, but you don't know how to handle a situation like that, just ask advice from Red's old buddy Brian Shaw.

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2017, 09:08:54 PM »

Offline coco

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 146
I guess I wouldn't mind drafting the kid.  He has passing skills that makes him sort of unique at his position on this class

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2017, 09:28:25 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

If somebody doesn't want to be on your team, but you don't know how to handle a situation like that, just ask advice from Red's old buddy Brian Shaw.

"I think it would be great to play in Boston," Jackson said. "I see a lot of the players on their team that are about the same things that I'm about. Anybody who knows me knows that I love to win and I see that in a lot of the guys on their team. I would love to play in Boston.

I am going to go out on a limb and say this is not the same thing as Brian Shaw who was the 24th pick of the draft. Of course Jackson may fail to crack the line-up and want to be traded, but it would probably be a mutual decision at that point. The Celtics need impact players and would only select him if they felt he could be impactful.

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2017, 09:52:28 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
His freethrow percentage do not worry me as much as his form. Avery Bradley was a 55% FT shooter in college, but I knew he'd be fine because he has a good and fixable form. Jackson's form needs an overhaul.

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2017, 09:57:37 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875

Smart was taken at #6 in an incredibly weak draft,  and if you look at other guys taken between 4-8 it's pretty clear why Danny picked Smart.   There wasnt really anybody else worth taking.

Sully was considered an extremely high character guy at draft time - the domestic violence mess happened long after need already been drafted and brought in to Boston.

In Jackson's case, we already know that Danny considered he and Tatum to be equal tier prospects, so character coukd very easily be the difference maker here.  Imagine you're an employer interviewing for a role. You can two potential recruits who have similarly impressive resumes.  One of them drops everything to leave work early and dump all his personal plans to come and meet you for an interview despite it being at a really inconvenient time.   The other declines tells you that he can't fit it in his schedule and can only do a phone interview unless you give him a verbal assurance that he has the job.

If in the hiring manager,  and both candidates are equally qualified in my eyes,  im going straight for the first guy and wouldn't even waste my time on the second.

Everything I've seen with Josh Jackson tells me that he's got serious attitude and / or personality issues.  Between the police record,  the admission that he enrolled himself into anger management classes, and the complete disregard towards Danny's workout requests...I think it's pretty clear that the writing is on the wall here.  I dont want anything to do with him.

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2017, 10:37:12 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
I saw Jackson in that video conference interview today, where he explained why he didn't work out with the Celtics initially, when they had the #1 and everybody was saying Fultz was the pick. Later, when they traded the pick a few days ago, he said it was too late to arrange for a meeting before the draft, but he liked the Celtics and would love to play for them. He said he had talked several times with Jaylen Brown, and thought they could play together very well.

He said his biggest attribute is toughness, and being a team player. He isn't one of these shoot first types, and he considers himself a defender.

My impression is he is a tough dude, along the lines of Smart and Crowder. He and Smart on the court together could terrorize an opponent. But with guys like that, you need another scorer to go with IT.

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2017, 10:39:22 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
Only reason we draft Jackson is if trade partner wants him. Nothing to worry about...
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.