Author Topic: Ainge considering moving down again  (Read 6702 times)

Re: Ainge considering moving down again
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2017, 07:22:56 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 654
  • MASTER OF PANIC
As long as Danny gets picks in 2022 and 2023 to move down to draft another undersized guard then Boston will be fasntastic
Like zizic, yabusele, and the recent possibilities such as Jackson, Tatum, and Isaac?

This really is a tired narrative.

All guys that we have no idea about. Would be nice to get a real star with the picks instead of getting draft and stash guys and undersized point guards

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2017, 07:25:20 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
As long as Danny gets picks in 2022 and 2023 to move down to draft another undersized guard then Boston will be fasntastic
Like zizic, yabusele, and the recent possibilities such as Jackson, Tatum, and Isaac?

This really is a tired narrative.

All guys that we have no idea about. Would be nice to get a real star with the picks instead of getting draft and stash guys and undersized point guards

Guys we have no idea about...in contrast to Ben Simmons and Brandon Ingram, the top two picks last year. No ambiguity about how good those guys will be, right?

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2017, 07:31:59 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
As long as Danny gets picks in 2022 and 2023 to move down to draft another undersized guard then Boston will be fantastic

It's informative and well constructed posts like this that explain how someone with over 15k posts has only 300 TPs.
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2017, 07:34:01 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
Getting Bagley in 2019 would be franchise changing. He would easily be the top pick this year and next

The Sac pick is top 1 protected. Soooooo he is probably out unless he underwhelmed his freshman season.
#JKJB

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2017, 07:36:36 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 654
  • MASTER OF PANIC
As long as Danny gets picks in 2022 and 2023 to move down to draft another undersized guard then Boston will be fantastic

It's informative and well constructed posts like this that explain how someone with over 15k posts has only 300 TPs.

Hey smart ass...I had nearly 5000 TP but let them all ride in game 7 vs the Lakers in the finals...But thanks for posting
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 07:44:41 PM by celticinorlando »

« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2017, 07:51:13 PM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
If he takes Smith Jr. it tells me he's not resigning IT. I think Fox will be better than Smith Jr.

Isn't Smith Jr Marcus Smart's little brother in basketball terms. LOL

« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2017, 07:57:19 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Who cares anymore?;Looks like Danny does not like making the tough calls.
Quite the opposite. Fultz was the easy choice, and ainge went the harder way.

Yeah, my feeling and concern is that Danny would rather make the "out there" move that nobody sees coming and have it fail to pay off than make the expected, "consensus" move and have it work out about as well as anybody thinks it will.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2017, 07:58:21 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

I disagree. Picking #1 is always the tough choice. Ainge now has the luxury of 2 picks to get 1 right or he may even trade the two for an established player. I think it takes more balls to hit one shot with everything on the line than it takes to get two chances one year apart.

« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2017, 08:03:53 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

Yeah, my feeling and concern is that Danny would rather make the "out there" move that nobody sees coming and have it fail to pay off than make the expected, "consensus" move and have it work out about as well as anybody thinks it will.

Is that why he picked Olynyk's over Giannis? How is that working out?

« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2017, 08:06:48 PM »

Offline fantankerous

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122

Isn't it a little simplistic to focus on Tommy Point percentage?  Shouldn't we be focused on effective Tommy Point percentage or True Tommy Point percentage?  We live in 2017 for chemical chance's sake, not Tommy Heinsohn's prehistorical age.   :)

« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2017, 08:09:44 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Colangelo said that the Celtics have been after the Lakers 2018 pick for A YEAR!!

Wow, they must really love the 2018 draft. That's shocking.

The stupid part is we won't even get the pick. Are people realizing there is about a 30% chance we even get the pick? The odds of a pick being any 4 numbers compared to all other numbers is extremely unlikely....
By that simplistic calculation, the Nets pick only gives us a 35% chance at a top 5 pick and therefore our odds of getting a top 5 pick nearly doubled by getting the Lakers pick.  In reality the Nets and Lakers both have good shots at being in the worst 5 teams in the league and it is hard to see either being outside the bottom 8.  Bottom 5 defensive teams generally finish at the bottom of the standings. 

Edit:  That assumes the Lakers don't trade for PG and the Nets don't make a big free agent signing.   
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 08:15:56 PM by tazzmaniac »

« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2017, 08:18:57 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Colangelo said that the Celtics have been after the Lakers 2018 pick for A YEAR!!

The stupid part is we won't even get the pick. Are people realizing there is about a 30% chance we even get the pick? The odds of a pick being any 4 numbers compared to all other numbers is extremely unlikely....
There was a 25 percent chance the Celtics would get the #1 pick this year.  30 percentage chance at a star? I will take it.
I bet it's higher than 30%.  You are talking about the chances of getting any of 4 pick positions, not just the chance of one pick position.  As long as the Lakers don't make the playoffs, and also don't have the absolute worst record, I think the chances MUST be much higher.  I'm just not smart enough to figure it out.

« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2017, 08:20:22 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307
Dennis Smith JR is a stud. IMO, he's the 2nd most complete player in the draft after Fultz.

« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2017, 08:25:33 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
I am fine with whoever we take, Tatum, Jackson, Smith...whoever.  Trade down, trade out, whatever.

So long as we keep building and we don't trade these guys for Jimmy Butler or Paul George.

« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2017, 08:32:21 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307

I hate they traded Fultz, but the top of the 2018 draft is awesome. Getting one of the 3 or 4 top players would be great.  Getting 2 would be unthinkable.