Author Topic: Bulpett: Ainge likes Dennis Smith Jr, Might move down  (Read 14484 times)

Re: Bulpett: Ainge likes Dennis Smith Jr, Might move down
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2017, 06:36:50 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 658
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Someone has to get traded. Cannot keep IT, Rozier, Smart, Bradley and Smith Jr. Too many of the same freaking player

Would be beyond disappointing to go from the #1 pick to drafting Smith Jr.

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2017, 06:37:44 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!
1. Smith is a marginal top 15 player

2. He is another small guard. They have 4 of those already

3. You trade Fultz to draft Smith? Just typical Ainge.

ONLY way I do this is for 5 and 10 with the Kings..Take Isaac and then Smith

Just moving down again to draft Smith would be par for Danny Ainge. Just incredibly stupid.

This is pretty much where I am. If you're going to take yet another guard, why not just keep #1 and take Fultz?

I'm sorry. You can't tell me Smith + some 2021 pick has as much star potential as Fultz. I'm not buying that funny farm.

If he moves down AGAIN, it'll confirm my belief that Danny's fallen in love with the "C's have the most assets of anyone in the league" storyline.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2017, 06:37:51 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/celtics/2017/06/danny_ainge_keeping_everyone_guessing_on_eve_of_nba_draft

On Smith Jr:
“It went very well,” he said at Wednesday’s media session with the top draftees in a Manhattan hotel. “I got to meet Danny Ainge, and that was great. Ironically, the Lakers and Celtics rivalry, the 30 for 30, had just came out, so I had a little background with Danny Ainge going into the meeting.

“Danny Ainge was crazy back then, so I had some background info on him. In turn, our meeting went well. I knew something about him; he knew something about me.”

This was funny:

Meanwhile, to give you an idea of how surreal this has all become, a coach from yet another team said that if you asked 10 different clubs what Ainge wanted, you’d get 10 different answers. “We call him the minister of disinformation,” he said. “He’s putting a lot of stuff out there.”

Jumping the gun

Ainge will draft the guy at 3 he would have drafted at 1

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2017, 06:38:18 PM »

Offline jyyzzoel

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 47
I thought we passed on Fultz because we had too many guards and because there was no separation between Fultz / Jackson / Tatum?

Lol. Looking forward to turning the #1 pick into a role player and a 2019 non-lottery #1.

No way. Danny always takes BPA.

As soon as that came out I thought some reporter was just trying to make an educated guess for click bait

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2017, 06:39:44 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I thought we passed on Fultz because we had too many guards and because there was no separation between Fultz / Jackson / Tatum?

Lol. Looking forward to turning the #1 pick into a role player and a 2019 non-lottery #1.

Certainly isn't super encouraging.

Danny has a fetish for future picks and guards.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2017, 06:40:00 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
Ainge needs to go if he's really trading down to draft Dennis Smith Jr.

Might as well kept the #1 pick and draft Fultz.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2017, 06:40:04 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/celtics/2017/06/danny_ainge_keeping_everyone_guessing_on_eve_of_nba_draft

On Smith Jr:
“It went very well,” he said at Wednesday’s media session with the top draftees in a Manhattan hotel. “I got to meet Danny Ainge, and that was great. Ironically, the Lakers and Celtics rivalry, the 30 for 30, had just came out, so I had a little background with Danny Ainge going into the meeting.

“Danny Ainge was crazy back then, so I had some background info on him. In turn, our meeting went well. I knew something about him; he knew something about me.”

This was funny:

Meanwhile, to give you an idea of how surreal this has all become, a coach from yet another team said that if you asked 10 different clubs what Ainge wanted, you’d get 10 different answers. “We call him the minister of disinformation,” he said. “He’s putting a lot of stuff out there.”

Jumping the gun

Ainge will draft the guy at 3 he would have drafted at 1
Im pretty terrified he'll do just that and that guy is Dennis Smith Jr
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2017, 06:40:28 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I think that Isaac or Tatum will be the best at the end of their contract. They should take one of those.

I just cannot get excited about another guard..and the 4th best PG in the draft...esp when they have four of those guys on their roster.

« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2017, 06:42:43 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307
I think that Isaac or Tatum will be the best at the end of their contract. They should take one of those.

I just cannot get excited about another guard..and the 4th best PG in the draft...esp when they have four of those guys on their roster.
IMO, after Fultz, DSJ is the most complete pg in the draft.

« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2017, 06:44:20 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Tatum or isaac

« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2017, 06:44:21 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!

We already had Fultz in hand and gave him up. If we went through with the trade just to draft the lesser PG, that makes the deal worse in my opinion.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2017, 06:47:32 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC

He is at best third. He might be good...but Boston does not need him. Would take Tatum, Jackson, Isaac, Fox all ahead of him

Why give up Fultz? To get a pick in 2019 and Smith Jr.? no way this helps

« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2017, 06:51:36 PM »

Offline jyyzzoel

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 47

Those are both good players. Out of those two I would say at the end of their rookie contracts Tatum will be overrated since he'll be more offensively gifted. I think Tatum is a rich man's Tobias Harris. A better Tobias Harris. He has a much more diverse offensive arsenal than Harris I think maybe (just maybe) even at this stage. But the comparisons people make to Carmelo and Pierce are out of line.

If Isaac can develop offensively, if he can develop an iso game that's even just good not great he very well could be the best player from this draft in four years time. Defensively he might end up being the best, which is why I'm guessing he'll be underrated at that time if he doesn't improve offensively.

« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2017, 06:55:39 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
Obviously we arent just going to draft another pointguard wihout making moves. Rozier/bradley/crowder could be flipped to minnesota for 7 and a player for example

« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2017, 06:56:17 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
Ainge is senile.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.