Author Topic: The Case for drafting Tatum  (Read 1987 times)

The Case for drafting Tatum
« on: June 21, 2017, 05:49:10 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
 My research is complete. The verdict is in. We should take Jayson Tatum. Big up to Orlando Celtic again for posting that last article.

The clincher is Tatum projects as a 3/4 while Jackson is the 2/3. The swing scoring forward who can shoot is exactly what we need.

Tatum has a near 9 foot standing reach. 1.5" short of 9'
 In comparison Crowder who played 26% of his minutes at OFF has an 8'3" standing reach.

Plus sportscience broke Tatum down and supposedly he has a slightly bigger defensive range than Kawaii. Obviously he didn't project as anywhere near the defender, but what I can confirm is Under the hoop jumping straight up with his size in length is impressive and he can contribute as a weak side shot blocker.

This child is 19 years young, a full year younger than Jackson, and his polish as a 6'8" multi level scorer is very rare. Jab steps, step backs, post moves, ability to attack on the catch, mid range, Automatic from the free throw line. First step quickness combined with his fundamentals makes him a mismatch on most defenders.

He does not compare athletically to Pierce or Carmelo, but to think he was much more polished than Pierce at the same age offensively is exciting. Pierce was 12 ppg 5 RPG as a freshman. Pierce finished as a junior 20 ppg and 7 RPG Tatum was 17 ppg and 7.3 RPG as a freshman.

This goes all the way back to when Tatum was 14 years old playing for Fiba Basketball. Check him out at 17 years old he is still amazingly polished at that age.

The main word I want you to hear is Polished. Jaylen Brown is an uncut diamond with unknown value, he could be the rarest gem or somewhat common.

Tatum comes to the Boston Celtics a perfect cut. If he had Jackson's athleticism he would be the first pick without hesitation. As it stands he will be a 20 ppg scorer in 5 years guaranteed.

« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 06:22:33 PM by KG Living Legend »

Re: The Case for drafting Tatum
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2017, 05:58:53 PM »

Offline Pucaccia

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 65
The fact that Tatum's foot work and scoring ability is far superior to Jackson is enough for me. I would take Tatum over Fultz and Ball.  As matter of fact I would take De'Aaron Fox over Ball.

Tatum will be better than Paul Pierce. Yup I said it. 

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2017, 06:03:20 PM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
Thank you, I've been on the Tatum train for 4 months.

I just picked up Issac and he's on the train too. I'd be happy with either.

WE NEED BUCKETS!!

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2017, 06:03:52 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

From what our team needs are it's fantastic we can add a 6'8" PF With a 7' wingspan who projects as a go to guy and Hayward. A 6'7" top 20 player in the league who can do it all.

Im also leaving my favorite highlight reel here. It shows his shotblocking too.

https://youtu.be/X6bR_PcAmQw

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2017, 06:05:43 PM »

Offline outcry

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 133
I believe Tatum's athleticism is being vastly underrated. Is he as athletic as Jackson? No, not at all. But his first step and the ease he displays getting to the basket is very nice to see.
2011 PAPOUG CHAMPION

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2017, 06:06:24 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
The only individual I rate higher than Tatum is you, KGLL.

Jackson is also built like a female at this time.  Makes sense given his tendency to try to fight women.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2017, 06:16:27 PM »

Offline Pucaccia

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 65
Dick Vitale would take Tatum #1.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVkNPBZCNV0

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2017, 06:20:53 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

Jackson is also built like a female at this time.  Makes sense given his tendency to try to fight women.

TP Tarheels. Appreciate it!

Ouch, that's a little rough on Jackson.

I'd like to add this about Tatum's Hot body.

Chicken legs for sure, however his upper body is ideal. Really wide shoulders and his shoulders are big already and ripped once he fills out look out.

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2017, 06:24:45 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

TP Tarheels. Appreciate it!

Ouch, that's a little rough on Jackson.

I'd like to add this about Tatum's Hot body.

Chicken legs for sure, however his upper body is ideal. Really wide shoulders and his shoulders are big already and ripped once he fills out look out.

He could look Dwight Howard scary in the shoulders eventually.  Big fan. 
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2017, 06:29:20 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I believe Tatum's athleticism is being vastly underrated. Is he as athletic as Jackson? No, not at all. But his first step and the ease he displays getting to the basket is very nice to see.

Most articles I read have him as an above average athlete.   The tape of saw of him didn't convince me he is  high flyer.   Guys play herky jerky cause they have to develop moves when they do not get above guys.  You can be a success that way.

Chicken legs that can jump out of the gym.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsXN_GpW3Vg

He needs strength but he has a superior athletic foundation.

Of Course, he would because his head up is pretty up Coach's K rectum.

You know his coaching recording in the NBA    34 and 60,  wins to losses.  Yeah we should totally listen to him.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/coaches/vitaldi99c.html

I bet he thought Danny Ferry was rock solid too.

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2017, 06:44:46 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

Most articles I read have him as an above average athlete.   The tape of saw of him didn't convince me he is  high flyer.   Guys play herky jerky cause they have to develop moves when they do not get above guys.  You can be a success that way.

Chicken legs that can jump out of the gym.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsXN_GpW3Vg

He needs strength but he has a superior athletic foundation.

Of Course, he would because his head up is pretty up Coach's K rectum.

You know his coaching recording in the NBA    34 and 60,  wins to losses.  Yeah we should totally listen to him.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/coaches/vitaldi99c.html

I bet he thought Danny Ferry was rock solid too.

Why did you post that video? I was taking about Tatum not Jackson.

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2017, 07:03:11 PM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
Thanks for Tatumology.

Like his intensity.
Like Isaac also.

Refuse to get too attached to anyone as Ainge will just trade them...sigh.