Author Topic: Chad Ford: C's now leaning towards Tatum over Jackson, Jackson declining workout  (Read 23260 times)

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I want to see Josh do this in a Celts uniform!  At TD Garden!

https://youtu.be/OgnodXourNY

Offline CELTICSofBOSTON

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 73
Avery for #11 take Markannen?

Who says no?

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Went backed and watched Jackson a bit more. No doubt that if he had a better jump shot he would be the number one pick.

Great motor, great passing skills and is athletic as hell. But that jump shot is ugly. Really ugly. Slow and low release

I think long run he has a higher upside than tatum because he is so athletic. But the jumper is really a liability for him at the 3.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
"They did a little bit of moving around with their pick," Jackson said. "I felt like they made it pretty clear who they were going to draft with the No. 1 pick, so I didn't really feel like it was worth either of our times for me to work out with them, but then after they did the flip and went to No 3, by then it was too late."

Though Jackson has not worked out for the Celtics, it was reported Wednesday that the team had received his medical information. ESPN's Chad Ford believes the C's are leaning towards drafting Duke's Jayson Tatum at No. 3.

Asked whether his decision to skip a meeting with Boston could cause him to fall in the draft, he admitted that was a possibility, but that he was fine with where things stood.

"It could,” he said. “It may or may not, but like I said before, I'm just happy to be here. Wherever I end up Thursday, I'll be happy."

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
"They did a little bit of moving around with their pick," Jackson said. "I felt like they made it pretty clear who they were going to draft with the No. 1 pick, so I didn't really feel like it was worth either of our times for me to work out with them, but then after they did the flip and went to No 3, by then it was too late."

Though Jackson has not worked out for the Celtics, it was reported Wednesday that the team had received his medical information. ESPN's Chad Ford believes the C's are leaning towards drafting Duke's Jayson Tatum at No. 3.

Asked whether his decision to skip a meeting with Boston could cause him to fall in the draft, he admitted that was a possibility, but that he was fine with where things stood.

"It could,” he said. “It may or may not, but like I said before, I'm just happy to be here. Wherever I end up Thursday, I'll be happy."

What BS

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I wonder If Danny wanted Josh to fly to Boston on Monday/Tuesday

Or they were going to meet him in Brooklyn and rent a gym or something

Josh and agent if desparate could have adjusted their schedule to fit in a workout...on the other hand , Josh has a point. The trade was not official until Monday afternoon. 
Schedule was a bit tight

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126

What BS

Totally is. But triboy has a horse to beat. And he's going to beat it until it's dead.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

What BS

Totally is. But triboy has a horse to beat. And he's going to beat it until it's dead.

Yes... Until the Horse says I give up

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I believe Ainge wanted and tried to bring him in when they still had the top pick. Jackson even said it was a waste of his time because he felt Boston was going Fultz with the number one.

Today was damage control by Jackson. He wanted to play in LA. But now realizes that is not happening and needs to say the right things.

I find it hard to accept he did not have time. He has been in New York the last week...and Tatum made the time.

Offline goCeltics

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 68
Gets me very worried when ainge starts to draft based on workouts, its how we end up with orien greene types

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Gets me very worried when ainge starts to draft based on workouts, its how we end up with orien greene types

And Terry Rozier...who was a guy they could have gotten much later

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624

What BS

Complete and utter nonsense. In the time after the trade became a legitimate possibility, we saw at least Dennis Smith, Lauri Markkanen, and Jayson Tatum. If Jackson wanted to come in, he could've.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

What BS

Complete and utter nonsense. In the time after the trade became a legitimate possibility, we saw at least Dennis Smith, Lauri Markkanen, and Jayson Tatum. If Jackson wanted to come in, he could've.

It wasnt official until Monday

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • MASTER OF PANIC
If he wanted to work out for boston he would have. Before or after the pick trade. It is 2 hours of his schedule. He was not on the West coast.

Now the workout should not matter if they take or pass on him.
Just think there is more to it.

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624

What BS

It wasnt official until Monday

Read what I wrote again.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers