Author Topic: Chad Ford: C's now leaning towards Tatum over Jackson, Jackson declining workout  (Read 23265 times)

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
https://twitter.com/chadfordinsider/status/877528824543674369

Celtics finally received Josh Jackson's medicals, but he still won't workout for Boston. C's still debating but appear to be leaning Tatum

I'm surprised Jackson's side even kept the medical information hostage until right now the day before the draft. What's that about... I want nothing to do with this guy who won't do a simple workout for a #1 seeded eastern conference finalist team. He should be honored to workout for a playoff team like fultz was
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 10:48:54 AM by CelticsElite »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
I'm tired of this primadonna. Time to draft Tatum or trade the pick.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

Offline JOMVP

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 100
Tatum is going to be really good, but it kind of feels like Ainge feels as though he's forcing himself into Tatum when he really wants Jackson.

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I'm tired of this primadonna. Time to draft Tatum or trade the pick.
Agreed.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

Online celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Jackson and his agent want him to be the lead dog on a team. He will not get that in Boston. Therefore neither want to be there.

Offline acieEarl

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 47
What's Jackson deal? Philly def taking Fultz and it looks like LA is taking Ballz. Why won't he work out for the Cs. Does he really want to go to the Suns? Ball should work out for the Cs too. Starting to hate these guys. Would Danny draft Jackson without even getting him in for a workout?

Offline seancally

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 119
I'd prefer Tatum anyway, but let's also remember it's mostly player agents making the calls on workout, medical records, etc. I doubt Jackson is sitting in some throne somewhere saying, HA! I Shall NOT work out for the measly Celtics, thine franchise lacks adequate room for a man of my power!!!!
"The game honors toughness." - President Stevens

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
More and more I see this pick being traded.

Cant convince Hayward to come if there isn't another allstar here bec IT and Hayward may not be enough.
Could we sign and trade for Griffin if Clippers agree than lose him for nothing?...I am no wizard when it comes to salary cap implications but would the Clipps do it if it includes AB Crowder And some more for salary matching and give em their 2019 pick or other future picks or something?.

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Jackson and his agent want him to be the lead dog on a team. He will not get that in Boston. Therefore neither want to be there.

Hey Jackson, if you are good enough, you will be the lead dog anywhere you land.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

Online celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC

Hey Jackson, if you are good enough, you will be the lead dog anywhere you land.

Don't think he wants to compete with Brown for minutes

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129

I don't think he can hear you lol

Offline coffee425

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etPHekOeqnc

Here's a video of Tatum roasting Miles Bridges, who would've been a lottery pick in this year's draft.

love this pick. also love trading this pick.
Even at the end of the game, we lined up in different formation that he hadn't seen and he called out our play before I got the ball. I heard him calling it out. -John Wall on Brad Stevens

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I thought Fultz would have been a nice add on to this team but obviously Ainge didn't and I get that. Danny didn't like his negatives

Ball is going to LA and I still think he may turn out to be the best player in this draft.

Hated that shooting form in Jackson, his mid range jumper and horrid free throw shooting.

I would be happy with Tatum. Reminds me so much of a young Paul Pierce.

But my best case scenario is #3, the Memphis pick and Crowder for Porzingas.

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Don't hold his agent's actions against him. He's just following some bad professional advice.

The medical records are the important thing. It's hard to take a guy without them.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Online RLewis35

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 20
  • I drink and I know things
Don't hold his agent's actions against him. He's just following some bad professional advice.

The medical records are the important thing. It's hard to take a guy without them.

Agreed.  TP.