Author Topic: I'm not going to make it until Thursday night...  (Read 4028 times)

Re: I'm not going to make it until Thursday night...
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2017, 10:27:11 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1546
Chad Ford just said it is between Jackson and Tatum...leaning toward Tatum
On Mike and Mike, he also said Jackson was the better and more complete player.  He said he thought that Isaac was the guy with the highest upside, maybe in the entire draft. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2017, 10:32:37 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 656
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I believe it will be Jackson in the end. Just hope he is not scared to compete and I pray he finds a jump shot...if not..he is going to be a highly picked role player

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2017, 10:41:10 AM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307
Chad Ford just said it is between Jackson and Tatum...leaning toward Tatum
On Mike and Mike, he also said Jackson was the better and more complete player.  He said he thought that Isaac was the guy with the highest upside, maybe in the entire draft.
That's a fair comment, but he's also probably the guy near the top of the draft with the biggest bust potential. He's even more raw than JB was a year ago. I don't see him contributing a lot for a couple of years.

IMO, the pick is going to be Tatum, unless they're taking Jackson for someone else.

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2017, 10:52:36 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
A little over a week ago, my life was normal. The Cs were going to draft Markelle Fultz and finally get a second scorer alongside IT.

And then everything blew up. Now, I have carpal tunnel syndrome from refreshing my screen so often, my productivity has gone to zero and I wake up in a cold sweat every morning, having dreamed that Danny traded all of our draft picks for every selection in the 2023 second round. Furthermore, just as the draft panic ends, I get to start worrying about free agency.

Ack!
Mike

TP .....you are not alone , I suspect few people saw this debacle unfolding .

I m dealing with it better now than draft night .......at the last second on the clock DA trades fultz ....I would not have slept that night....

now its done ,  it wrote another whole chapeter in Celtics history with this move .  We ll see how fate treats him on this crazy decision.

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2017, 01:31:15 PM »

Offline TheBigTicket23

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 59
  • Anything is possible!
Im living and working in Europe, just told my manager that I would be in later on Fridaymorning, nice response: What, is it that time of the year again? Basketball right, draft/playoffs/free agency?

YEAAP draft!

Manager: alright no worries, can't stop you from watching anyways...

« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2017, 02:05:59 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Isaac or Fox being picked by the C's wouldn't shock me either, considering how quiet it is about Fox and the C's in particular.

« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2017, 02:20:04 PM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 468
I have zero expectations for tomorrow.  I was excited about Fultz and that dream got crushed.  My next favorite was Tatum and I don't want to let the excitement get the best of me because I want to be happy on draft night.  I think the only thing that would be a bummer is if the C's traded the 3 pick for anyone not named AD or Porzingis.  Other then those 2 as long as the C's pick in the top 5 and come away with Tatum, Jackson or Issac I will be extremely excited. 

I'd be even more excited if Giles slipped to the late 20's and DA could buy a pick.  Of all the players I think he can be a steal at where he will be drafted if he's healthy.  Going into his senior year he was the top rated High School player and just explosive.  The C's need a young big to develop.  There hasn't been a big drafted by the C's I've been excited about in a long long time.

« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2017, 02:28:57 PM »

Offline ThaPreacher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 174
  • THA PREACHER
Isaac or Fox being picked by the C's wouldn't shock me either, considering how quiet it is about Fox and the C's in particular.

Why would they want Fox, who is like Rondo .5?  Isaac or Tatum!
"Just do what you do best."  -Red Auerbach-

« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2017, 02:42:54 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
A little over a week ago, my life was normal. The Cs were going to draft Markelle Fultz and finally get a second scorer alongside IT.

And then everything blew up. Now, I have carpal tunnel syndrome from refreshing my screen so often, my productivity has gone to zero and I wake up in a cold sweat every morning, having dreamed that Danny traded all of our draft picks for every selection in the 2023 second round. Furthermore, just as the draft panic ends, I get to start worrying about free agency.

Ack!
Mike

« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2017, 10:17:30 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2952
  • On To Banner 18!
Just when I'm about to sleep and think this will be a peaceful night.

BOOM. Phil Jackson. Porzingis. Here we go again...  :P

Yeah idk how I'm going to make it the next 24 hours.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2017, 11:02:40 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
LOL, I know how you feel.  This has been a huge whirlwind ever since we traded down from #1.  I was disappointed with the return.  But it looks like we still could swing a big deal with pick #3 plus add ons. 

Personally I am hoping for Porzingis trade from all of the rumors.  I'm not sold on Jackson - big character red flags, poor shooting form.  And Tatum has all the character - but he will be a rookie and he's not nearly as athletic as Jaylen or Jackson.

« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2017, 11:04:25 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2929
For reals. I've had final exams and about 20 other papers to grade this week, but all of these rumors have killed my productivity! I'm so behind! lol

« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2017, 11:04:35 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
I think the wheeling and dealing for the Celtics has probably come to an end.  At least that's what I tell myself to periodically focus on other things.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2017, 11:06:30 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!
For reals. I've had final exams and about 20 other papers to grade this week, but all of these rumors have killed my productivity! I'm so behind! lol

I did jack squat at work today and I've a quarterly review coming up. Pretty sure my internet activity on CelticsBlog will be a point of discussion.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2017, 11:08:20 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2952
  • On To Banner 18!

Lol I mean it's been a "relatively" chill week for me but last night I had an assignment to do, due today, and I stayed up for so long because of all the rumors that kept popping up LOL.

Didn't get much sleep and now I risk the same tonight.

And got Finals next week for my summer classes...  :-\

Shouldn't be bad but at this rate, I might actually make it a bad experience  :laugh:

Good thing draft is tomorrow and not like early next week  :P
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller