Author Topic: I'm not going to make it until Thursday night...  (Read 4010 times)

I'm not going to make it until Thursday night...
« on: June 21, 2017, 09:02:18 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
A little over a week ago, my life was normal. The Cs were going to draft Markelle Fultz and finally get a second scorer alongside IT.

And then everything blew up. Now, I have carpal tunnel syndrome from refreshing my screen so often, my productivity has gone to zero and I wake up in a cold sweat every morning, having dreamed that Danny traded all of our draft picks for every selection in the 2023 second round. Furthermore, just as the draft panic ends, I get to start worrying about free agency.

Ack!
Mike

Re: I'm not going to make it until Thursday night...
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2017, 09:10:35 AM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 619
I'm 100% with you. Good thing I work for myself or I would have been fired from lack of production.
ok fine

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2017, 09:11:10 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
A little over a week ago, my life was normal. The Cs were going to draft Markelle Fultz and finally get a second scorer alongside IT.

And then everything blew up. Now, I have carpal tunnel syndrome from refreshing my screen so often, my productivity has gone to zero and I wake up in a cold sweat every morning, having dreamed that Danny traded all of our draft picks for every selection in the 2023 second round. Furthermore, just as the draft panic ends, I get to start worrying about free agency.

Ack!
Mike

Class action lawsuit against Ainge!  ;D

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2017, 09:12:23 AM »

Offline Rakulp

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 78
It has been entertaining, hasn't it?

;D

Rak

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2017, 09:12:53 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
I feel you Mike, but I will never forget Durantathon.... that, my little refresher towel, was pure hellish torture..
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2017, 09:15:11 AM »

Offline Alleyoopster

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 150

Ack!
Mike

Join the club (my neck is strained), the trade left most of us nervous, skeptical and many are upset. Fultz may not have been the the right pick, but he would have allayed our fears. The only hope is we get someone better or equivalent in the draft(s).

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2017, 09:15:59 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 638
  • MASTER OF PANIC
All you need to concern yourself with is Boston taking Tatum or Jackson. That is really the scenario

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2017, 09:16:39 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
TP I feel the same way. Can't wait for it to be over. It is exciting but it's just to [dang] long of a wait hahaha.

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2017, 09:17:36 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
I can't stand this either. I am constantly listening to NBA radio on Sirius. All my home time I am reading this blog, checking ESPN and any NBA sources I can. It is crazy and I know nothing is happening for us and we will just be making a draft selection and then it will all start over again waiting for July 1st.

>:(

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2017, 09:17:57 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
All you need to concern yourself with is Boston taking Tatum or Jackson. That is really the scenario

What about Isaac?

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2017, 10:06:12 AM »

Offline Alleyoopster

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 150

What about Isaac?

Danny tends to compare the good player that's in front of him to the potential of a lesser player. In that case I can see Isaac coming into play too.

The basketball gurus seem to think he has the most potential in the draft. On the other hand, others feel he could be a bust. Tough choice for me. I'm sure Danny and crew have already sorted that out. 

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2017, 10:07:44 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
I'm worried he selects Smith Jr.

It'd be classic Danny Ainge
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2017, 10:22:17 AM »

Online Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

What about Isaac?

Danny tends to compare the good player that's in front of him to the potential of a lesser player. In that case I can see Isaac coming into play too.

The basketball gurus seem to think he has the most potential in the draft. On the other hand, others feel he could be a bust. Tough choice for me. I'm sure Danny and crew have already sorted that out.
If he has a higher ceiling than Tatum, take him.

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2017, 10:25:01 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 638
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Chad Ford just said it is between Jackson and Tatum...leaning toward Tatum

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2017, 10:26:52 AM »

Offline heyvik

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 75
Well today is the day that most of the true rumors surface. If there are trades that have been discussed usually they surface on the day before the draft. I hope that is the case, because production at work has gone dramatically down.