Author Topic: I think Ainge is preserving his assets for next off-season  (Read 3517 times)

Re: I think Ainge is preserving his assets for next off-season
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2017, 11:09:49 AM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254
If we sign Hayward, Ainge has to make some trades to get us some front court players because we would have let them all go to get the space to sign Hayward. If we get Griffin, I could see him taking Tatum and moving forward.

I don't see Ainge just ignoring the AB/Marcus contract dilemma. It seems he will have to keep one and move one and I don't know how to do that and maximize the value of the player he moves. It would seem better to move a player now, but perhaps he has a better strategy

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2017, 11:13:19 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1553
Danny perserving the picks until

1. Davis is availble in a year or two (or towns or leonard)
2. Then start making moves to acquire key vets like Ray Allen etc

Until this happens...he is just going to draft players(until he strikes gold)  and hope to Detroit Piston his way for championship on the side

i am fine with that. keep drafting and developing these top picks for a nice future core WHILST still trying to add through free agency and MAYBE trades IF it sets up for us. no need to rush or panic. We have so many picks DA will eventually trade some of them for a player or two. you know it will happen just a matter of time.  I like the fact we have can do both at same time. draft and acquire proven players. good combo IMO.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2017, 11:36:56 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
I think he is preserving and building his assets for 2021. By keep rolling over these assets and adding to them we could potentially have every lottery pick in 2021 and there is a kid in middle school that you wouldn't believe. He handles like Kyrie, built like LeBron and shoots like Steph. I can't wait.

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2017, 11:39:54 AM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I think he is going after who he wants while trying to maximize what he has at the same time.   

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2017, 11:48:30 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 911
I think he is preserving and building his assets for 2021. By keep rolling over these assets and adding to them we could potentially have every lottery pick in 2021 and there is a kid in middle school that you wouldn't believe. He handles like Kyrie, built like LeBron and shoots like Steph. I can't wait.

I saw him play, and I love it, but I'm a little concerned after that altercation that he got into with the lunch lady over the size of the grilled cheese sandwiches. Potential character issue.

Mike

« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2017, 11:49:34 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182

HAhahaha

To 2021??? Why not 2050?? I believe in long term planning but in sports that's forever! Build the best team you can now, have assets going forward and if you have good players those are assets. You can make trades at that point, 2021 is way to far out sorry.

« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2017, 11:49:40 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 911
@dreamgreen, I think you missed the wink and nod. ;)

Mike

« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2017, 11:51:18 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
@dreamgreen, I think you missed the wink and nod. ;)

Mike

Yea forgot to add my laugh  ;D

« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2017, 12:17:16 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Ainge is the classic boy crying wolf, constantly preserving his assets until the next deadline.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2017, 12:28:25 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1553

HAhahaha

To 2021??? Why not 2050?? I believe in long term planning but in sports that's forever! Build the best team you can now, have assets going forward and if you have good players those are assets. You can make trades at that point, 2021 is way to far out sorry.

i said the same thing the other day here. sure we can plan but trading for picks waaaaaay out there shows we will trade for players soon.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2017, 12:29:50 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Ainge is the classic boy crying wolf, constantly preserving his assets until the next deadline.
I'm missing the connection between this situation and the boy who cried wolf.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2017, 12:30:49 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
He's stockpiling assets for Lebron's son