Author Topic: gordon hayward is not transcendent  (Read 5214 times)

Re: gordon hayward is not transcendent
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2017, 12:38:36 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419

He would most likely improve, but definitely not on the level of Kawhi. Guy is the second best player in the league IMO.

However I can easily see him upping his scoring, and averaging 26/6/6 sort of numbers. Prime Pierce like, stat wise.

26/6/6 wouldn't get him in the conversation that Kawhi Leonard was apart of while averaging 25.5/6/3.5? 

Gordon Hayward is used in Utah wherever they need him game to game and he isn't really a #1 option in that offense, yet he still put up 22/5.5/3.5.  It's not really a stretch to think that Stevens will prioritize him a bit more and see his numbers go as high as 27/8/4 with elite shooting percentages. 

If he gets the percentages, then the talking heads go on TV and say "he improved in every metric and you aren't appreciating how impressive those splits are!"  Then, it gets like 15% more traction because he's white and playing on a new team in a bigger market.  I think more teams will be tanking this year than last year and our win total will go up by default.  If I were a gambling man, I would be putting like $100 right now on what I have to imagine are 1,000:1 odds on him winning the MVP next year.

« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2017, 12:42:28 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
Ok, so who is?

KD, Lebron, Kawhi, Harden,Westbrook(?), Towns, Davis.

Who else really though? Wall? Irving? Legit stars but NOT transcendental players LOL.

Yeesh...  :o
FIFY  ;)

But I think those are the guys, although Harden is questionable too.

Well I did put the ? after Westbrook, so I was justified haha.

I do think Towns can grow into a transcendental player.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2017, 04:28:29 PM »

Offline Scintan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 656
He is a big upgrade over our present SF.
This is true. But once the C's have signed Hayward and they have him, Crowder, Brown, and Tatum/Jackson (not to mention Bradley and Smart) what's the plan from there? Bringing in Hayward will necessitate a follow up move unless the C's plan is to totally abandon the idea of playing big men.

Hopefully,

Plan A:

Find placeholder big
Draft 4/5 with next year's Brooklyn pick and/or Lakers pick

Blend Thomas, Bradley, Hayward, Horford, Draftee as your top 5, with other players (i.e. Smart, Brown, this year's pick) competing for playing time

Plan B:

Steal Porzingis from Knicks
Field Porzingis, Horford, Hayward, Bradley, Thomas as your starting 5 this season, give or take a trade piece

When people are free to do as they please, they usually imitate each other.

« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2017, 04:36:29 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 199
Transcendent isn't a very useful word.  Too subjective.  In my mind, it means era-definining, game-changers like Lebron, Steph Curry, Larry Bird.  Hayward is not that.  Hayward is still very good and still a max player.