Author Topic: Ainge 100% Agreement with entire Celtics staff on trade"  (Read 4534 times)

Re: Ainge "💯% Agreement with entire Celtics staff on trade"
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2017, 11:46:32 AM »

Offline RIPRED

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 63

I thought that was the most interesting part of the entire audio conference call. He must have gained eight to 10 Scouts Brad Stevens his son and he said that once the deliberation was over everyone agreed this was the right thing for the franchise. I'll leave the link it was about five minutes in.

https://youtu.be/tPikNbsEvqk
I'm sure other questionable decisions have been made unanimously. Ultimately, I think there's a limit to how much the underlings will push back against the Head of Basketball Operations.

I'm with you there. Do you think the interns come in and say you're an idiot Ange fultz is going to be a Hall of Famer that would be great

Do you really think an intern is part of the evaluation process? I'm not privy to the inner workings of the Celtics, but this does not seem like an organization that prohibits discourse.

Re: Ainge "💯% Agreement with entire Celtics staff on trade"
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2017, 12:18:13 PM »

Offline OldSchoolDude

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 79
I believe he said last year there was legit debate over the pick that ended up being Brown.  So the guy this year is one that everyone has at #1.  It had to be Tatum or Isaac since they actually worked out. 

Tatum worked out 2x - edge to Tatum
Isaac worked out head to head against 2 people - edge to Isaac
Tatum looks like Paul Pierce - edge to Tatum
Isaac looks like KD - edge to Isaac
Tatum has NBA body now - edge to Tatum
Isaac looks to be elite on D - edge to Isaac
Tatum was used more by his college team - edge to coach K  ;)
KD was unguardable in the finals - edge to Isaac
KD D'd up the Caves big time - edge to Isaac
Tatum best at the 3/Hayward best at the 3 - edge to Isaac
After we let all out Biggs walk we'll only have Harford, Mickey, Zizic, the new German dude, and maybe Yabuselle - edge to Isaac

I think the pick is Isaac. Sure the KD comparisons are a streach, just like with Ingram last year, but I belive Chris Bosh is a serious possibility for Isaac.

Range - low - middle - high
Tatum - Jeff Green - Tobias Harris - Paul Pierce
Isaac - Cliff Robinson - Chris Bosh - KD

Re: Ainge 100% Agreement with entire Celtics staff on trade"
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2017, 12:37:20 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
DA loves to mess with his staff and play devil's advocate when it comes to draft. If they are all picking another guy other than Fultz then it's likely it is truthful. I think the guy is probaby Isaac. My comparisons draft to draft to come to this selection

Tatum= Heild, great scorer but lacking other parts of his game.
Fultz=Ingram, Solid offensive player, good stat line and length.
Ball= Simmons, excellent team player dynamic.
Jackson=Murray, does exactly what you want at his position but could use more size.
Isaac= Brown, clearly not a finished product but does do a lot of things very well already showing promise.

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2017, 06:12:17 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
DA loves to mess with his staff and play devil's advocate when it comes to draft. If they are all picking another guy other than Fultz then it's likely it is truthful. I think the guy is probaby Isaac. My comparisons draft to draft to come to this selection

Tatum= Heild, great scorer but lacking other parts of his game.
Fultz=Ingram, Solid offensive player, good stat line and length.
Ball= Simmons, excellent team player dynamic.
Jackson=Murray, does exactly what you want at his position but could use more size.
Isaac= Brown, clearly not a finished product but does do a lot of things very well already showing promise.

I dont see these comparisons!

Biggest knock on Hield was that he didn't become a quality player until his 3rd year of college at age 21, and even when he became a killer scorer at 22 in his 4th year there were questions marks about his offensive versatility - whether he was much more then a shooter.

As a 19 year old freshman Tatum already has a complete offensive game.  He's just as capable creating shots in ISO situations as he is playing off the ball.  He's got an outstanding post game, an exceptional midrange game,  he can drive and finish at the basket,  he can step out and hit the three with consistency,  he's an excellent free throw shooter,  a solid passer, good ball handler, elite footwork...he's got it all.   

He's also a quality rebounder, and while his defence is not yet developed (no surprise for a 19 year old)  the potential is definitely there given his work ethic and his physical attributes 6'8", 6'11" Wingspan, 8'10" standing reach).

He's very different prospect to Hield.

I dont consider Fultz to be like Ingram either.   Ingram was a pretty good scorer who was above average at everything and not really great at anything.   He had a freakishly skinny buiild and it was clear from day one that it woukd take years to develop into an NBA ready body.

Fultz on the other hand is an elite scorer and has an NBA ready body from day one.  I'd say Fultz is more like the Ben Simmons of this draft in that regard,  as Simmons had an NBA body, and the skill to score at the nba level from day one.   

Issac to me is the Ingram.   He's skilled, long and athletic,  has a solid all round offensive and defensive game but not elite in any one area.  Very skinny frame that may never full out enough to handle  NBA bigs.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 07:12:00 PM by crimson_stallion »

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2017, 06:31:33 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
My favorite all time quote....

"As you go through life, surround yourself with smart people who will argue with you." - John Wooden