Author Topic: Ainge 100% Agreement with entire Celtics staff on trade"  (Read 4532 times)

Ainge 100% Agreement with entire Celtics staff on trade"
« on: June 21, 2017, 04:17:17 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
 I thought that was the most interesting part of the entire audio conference call. He must have gained eight to 10 Scouts Brad Stevens his son and he said that once the deliberation was over everyone agreed this was the right thing for the franchise. I'll leave the link it was about five minutes in.

https://youtu.be/tPikNbsEvqk

« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 11:20:30 AM by KG Living Legend »

Re: Ainge "💯% Agreement with entire Celtics staff on trade"
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2017, 04:28:25 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

I thought that was the most interesting part of the entire audio conference call. He must have gained eight to 10 Scouts Brad Stevens his son and he said that once the deliberation was over everyone agreed this was the right thing for the franchise. I'll leave the link it was about five minutes in.

I'm sure other questionable decisions have been made unanimously. Ultimately, I think there's a limit to how much the underlings will push back against the Head of Basketball Operations.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2017, 04:55:23 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

I'm sure other questionable decisions have been made unanimously. Ultimately, I think there's a limit to how much the underlings will push back against the Head of Basketball Operations.

I'm with you there. Do you think the interns come in and say you're an idiot Ange fultz is going to be a Hall of Famer that would be great

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2017, 04:59:17 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

From what Ive heard, Ainge isnt the type to say his opinions first and ask input after so the inputs are compromised. He usually gets people to formulate ideas before expressing his own. I mean we all know you disagree with his ideas but come on.

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2017, 05:13:03 AM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167

From what Ive heard, Ainge isnt the type to say his opinions first and ask input after so the inputs are compromised. He usually gets people to formulate ideas before expressing his own. I mean we all know you disagree with his ideas but come on.

TP
We have a great front office. Easily top 3 in nba. No politics, no big ego, everyone in the same direction.
The last couple of days just reinforced that.
I mean look what others are doing... jesus... other fans are completely depressed (or delusionals) lol

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2017, 06:55:13 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Oh, no, KGLL - thread titles will never be the same again here at CB! I don't know if my eyes will be able to take it  :o

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2017, 10:03:47 AM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
 Ainge, Zarren and Stevens >>>>> random CB armchair GMs

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2017, 10:04:35 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1616
  • What a Pub Should Be

Kinda my thought also.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2017, 10:12:03 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
Old aphorism from Communist times: the Party is right even when she makes a mistake. So yeah.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2017, 10:13:01 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I just hope they are right and will put my faith in them until proven otherwise.

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2017, 10:15:40 AM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2951
  • On To Banner 18!

How DARE YOU question my credentials at Celticsblog  :laugh:

Have you seen my 'genius' trade ideas around here?
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2017, 10:15:52 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
I just hope they are right and will put my faith in them until proven otherwise.
The law of averages is bound to catch up I guess.

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2017, 10:18:24 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

TP for the link. Was not able to locate it yesterday.

Said there are a "couple of guys" we like at 3, and are still in the process of determining. 

Jackson and Tatum?  Or is Isaac one of them?  Or is it a smokescreen?

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2017, 11:07:06 AM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Chad Ford‏Verified account @chadfordinsider Jun 19

Celtics had Josh Jackson & Jayson Tatum ranked in same tier as Fultz and Ball

I took this as Ford saying the Cs had been surveyed as part of Ford's annual draft tiers article. It's clear that they scouted these guys extensively and if this is how they felt, then the deal was a no-brainer for them.

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2017, 11:21:27 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
Oh, no, KGLL - thread titles will never be the same again here at CB! I don't know if my eyes will be able to take it  :o

I changed it for you Jambr cause your a good ship.