Author Topic: This is crazy. Celtics don't want Jackson. Another trade coming?  (Read 12533 times)

Re: This is crazy. Celtics don't want Jackson. Another trade coming?
« Reply #60 on: June 21, 2017, 10:20:46 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 638
  • MASTER OF PANIC
And they are leaning toward Tatum

« Reply #61 on: June 21, 2017, 10:25:11 AM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
Here's Ford's tweet...

Chad Ford‏Verified account
@chadfordinsider

Celtics finally received Josh Jackson's medicals, but he still won't workout for Boston. C's still debating but appear to be leaning Tatum

« Reply #62 on: June 21, 2017, 10:26:46 AM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
Possibly drafting super Tobias Harris with the 3rd pick. Bravo.

If the Lakers get George, the Celtics will not get their pick next season. They may not regardless. Sacramento may not be a complete dumpster in 2019 (unlikely). Still, Ainge decided two possible ducks in the bush are better than what most consider a turkey in hand.

« Reply #63 on: June 21, 2017, 11:17:30 AM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
A trade has to be coming, Ainge traded down to get one more tradeable asset plus if Hayward and Tatum are both really coming, there are too many players at SG and SF.

Assuming:

IT  Rozier
Bradley  Smart
Hayward  Crowder  Tatum  Brown
Horford
Zizic

It would make sense to trade Bradley and Crowder for either Jimmy Butler, Paul George, or Kevin Love. If they got Love in a 3 way deal with Cleveland getting George, it would help Indiana. They get two reasonable contracts plus we can throw in better picks than other teams (I'm talking Memphis and Clippers picks not potential lottery picks)

George is obviously the most risky because he could leave in one year. I really think Love would be a great fit. Sending George to Cleveland gives Cleveland a good shot this upcoming season, but then he and James could leave for LA. Then Cleveland has no one outside of Irving, who then will want to leave. This also keeps the Lakers from getting George now and making their 2018 pick not as good.

Will the Bulls trade Butler, nobody knows. He is cheaper than Love and a better player. Would cost better picks, maybe the future pick we just got for trading down plus a 2019 pick?

IT  Rozier
 Smart
Hayward   Tatum  Brown
(Love or Butler)
Horford  Zizic

Going with Butler makes us more of a small-ball team with 4 guards, Butler and Tatum would be at the 4 a lot.

« Reply #64 on: June 21, 2017, 11:26:01 AM »

Offline No Nickname

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
Watch some highlights of Butler, you'll become a fan pretty quickly.

He's an old school player with an old school mentality.  None of this friendship garbage.   He plays the game with a competitive edge - he plays angry, he plays physical,  and he plays to win...and he does it on both ends of the court.

I'd trade Bradley (one of our guards has to go if Butler is coming), a newly re-signed Kelly Olynyk, and the #3.

Hopefully Bradley's $8.2M plus Olynyk at no more than around $15M (totaling about $23M which is the most we could send out to make the salaries work) would be good.  Heck, we could even throw in a re-signed James Young for cheap if he agreed and maybe he'd go for $3M and Kelly would be $12M.  But that's an aside.

That has to be a pretty good deal for Chicago.  #3, Bradley, Olynyk, (and maybe Young) for Butler.

« Reply #65 on: June 21, 2017, 12:21:14 PM »

Offline Hank Finkel

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 41
I think DA wants this draft pick so he can cultivate another Celtic to carry on the tradition. I don't believe he is trading AB any time soon ( he is a true Celtic player) and he will not break up the core of this team.  It looks like he is going to add pieces to improve the team but wants to keep the Celtics tradition (core) alive.  Cultivating your players to play a certain way is very important. I really like what is going on with this team. Unfortunately the league is a star run me first attitude that usually wins out.  Lebrun and crew is the perfect example of what I would never want our team to be.  I would gladly cheer for the AB, JB, KO, TR, type of guys that come in as Celtics and play and act a certain way even if they fall a little short.  Then when we add an Amir or AH they can fit into the culture and be embraced as well. I believe he wants to create a great team for the next decade not just next year.   

« Reply #66 on: June 21, 2017, 12:32:00 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1551
And they are leaning toward Tatum

and that is probably the best choice for us IF we do not trade the pick again!
LET'S GO CELTICS!